Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 03:18 AM   #1  
Juno

Angry

...Even on message boards, it seems! How many new servers have we stayed solid through?

I need to remember that late Feb/early March are tough times for me, and the last week certainly bore that out. I don't want to repeat the whole thing, which involved work stress and relationship angst, just to say that it is a New Week and I am feeling much better. Today was Ballet class number 5 or 6 and I was sweating like crazy. I worked out every day last week, and I have new shoes on the list. I'm still addicted to smoothies. Sunday I did get a little into too much sugar, but I'm back and persevering.

I have said it over and over but I finally actually broke out of the inertia - on Wednesday a woman is going to clean my house, and we will see how it goes and I might have her come on an every-other-week basis. If not her, someone else. Her minimum is 2 hours, but I have no idea what can be accomplished in that time. I can do a lot without the distractions of phone, kids, etc. Let's see how this goes!

Book Group is at my place on Friday night, and that is something to look forward to.

I must persevere with work, so no individual messages this time, alas. I look forward to reading your latest and will do a better post soon (perhaps as my new cleaning lady sweeps up the rose petals that I will throw at her feet).

Juno

Old 03-06-2001, 11:50 AM   #2  

Yes here we all are with yet a new server for our precious 3fc site!!

Juno - Oh what a wonderful treat to have a cleaning person come in!! It can be difficult for us ladies to delegate work to anyone else. I think you will really enjoy it! Good for you on having a strong week workout wise last week. Did you look into that ballet tape?

I am plugging along. The power was out all afternoon/evening on Sunday. It was quite enjoyable to have all the candles going, curled up by a warm fire and reading until my heart was content.

I am seriously considering getting myself certified to be a personal trainer. I visited with a gf that I trained for a while last year and she got me really pumped up about pursuing it. (We had been talking about doing work that we were passionate about - not just because it paid the bills) Initially the training would be an "on the side" thing. If I can get myself established and somewhat secure then I would pursue it full time. I'd like to pursue nutritional training too.

DH was hesitant at first - he always is when I bring up new pursuits for myself. Then he recognized that it would be a good thing for me. Odd that my gf was SO supportive and he drags his feet on these things.

I guess thats all for now. Take care everyone!
Old 03-06-2001, 03:36 PM   #3  

YEAH! The last time we moved I had to get a new name but now this one remembered who the old Steph was and gave me back my simple STEPH. Yahoo!!!! You would also think that after this many times switching servers that I would know to revisit 3FC and bookmark again but nooooo....I did it this morning and realized I was behind. I like this screen better so far....

Everything around here is just fine. Keeping up with my exercise, trying to eat right, manage my family & my work while keeping a smile on my face. Besides the illnesses still running rampant in the state of Minnesota it has been an okay year so far. I will repeat my mantra - GIVE ME SPRING.

I signed up for the Self (magazine) challenge again and I was laughing at first because the cardio, ST, & stretching I have whipped probably for the next 3 mos. no problem. The first tough thing for me was Week#1 and figuring out the amount of calories I should assume per my body weight and cutting it down a very tiny bit so that maybe I could shed some weight. My calorie intake came to 1898 so I thought -heck this is easy!! Well let me tell you that I eat way too much and if this is the lesson I learn for the year then I'll be a much healthier person. I know I eat too many carbs but the past week learning to measure has shown me I have big pasta/bread problems and I have really been good this week about eating the way I should. I was flipping out the first day saying that I couldn't believe how much calories were in my rice but I can tell a big difference at the end of the day....I'm full but not stuffed like I was before. Send me lots of good vibes because I am going to need it to hang onto just the first goal. All the rest this month are easy - just those calories!!

I'm kind of feeling silly about doing this but I'll post the website here and maybe take it off towards the end of the week. My kids are cute but DH & I would rather not be seen (but he is the one who picked out the pictures and put it all together). Just thought I would share our faces but no making fun of us!!!! I am thinking about putting some of my before & after pictures up but I need to get braver! http://home.att.net/~Steph-Steve1/

Juno - Have thought about the cleaning person but I don't think anyone would come here with all the kids (will you be home or out?).

Raychel - I think you would be an excellent personal trainer & I am giving you 100% support! You go girl! DH thought I was nuts when I first brought up the licensed daycare but now not a word since I'm one of the best in our area (so my licensor & waiting list say). I am already have lists going of what I want to be when kids are bigger - part of the fun in life is pursuing your dreams or changing them all the time if you want...Juno shall be a prima ballerina, you shall be a personal fitness trainer, and I will go and be one of the Solid Gold Dancers (darn are they off the air???).

I must go and get ready for snack! Steph

Last edited by STEPH; 03-08-2001 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2001, 12:20 PM   #4  

Well Steph I tried to look at the page but its not pulling up...I'll try again later. And watch out! Posting pics gets addicting. I never ever thought I would post pics of myself, much less posing ones that I've shown you all!! Now I don't have a problem with it!

What a great motivator doing the Self Challenge!!

I've been researching the certification thing for myself - the best one seems to be ISSA. Its an at home thing for about $500 but really in depth, not only with human biology and nutrition (two subjects I love) but also with the business end of things. How to start your own business, marketing, laws etc. I'm getting sooooo excited!!

Some idiot at the gym this morning asked if he could feel my legs! LMAO!! I said um, NO. This guy is actually nice - I kid around with him and his training partner all the time but that was bit beyond!! I thought if I told hubby that he might start coming with me on a regular basis. But he just laughed and said "only once!". Uh oh.

I hope everyone is doing okay...take care!
Old 03-08-2001, 03:14 PM   #5  

Maybe I should check my own links when I make them??? I fixed the address (sorry I was missing a backslash!) I use my scanner quite a bit with my sisters, mom & 2 friends but this website thing is beyond me. DH is going to give me lessons.

I just got done doing my very wimpy workout today. I got on the tread for 20 minutes and then did light weights and felt pathetic but I figured something was better than nothing. I tend to get stressed before going out of town and since I am heading out tomorrow morning I am sure I am feeling anxious but not admitting it!!

Tomorrow morning is my big trip out of town all by my little own self. I haven't actually gone on a trip by myself EVER but this is the first time without the kids or DH since we've been together. I need the little break but I'm nervous about leaving. I am going to visit my oldest and probably my closest friend in Houston. Kind of funny because she moved in across the street from me when I was in 4th grade and only lived their for 3 mos. We have been pen/pals, cassette pals, and e-mail friends our whole lives. She visited me once in Chicago after I got married but that is the only time we have ever met again. We have always lived a half a country away. So I am very excited and plan to have a good time but being a Nervous Nelly about flying & going away.

I will be behaving quite badly this weekend I am afraid but a well-deserved bad. I will be breathing in all the warm air but consuming all restaurant food! I won't have to think about potty-training my obnoxious 3 yr. old, get called any names (he has been just nasty since he was sick last week), and I don't have to pick up after anyone.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Steph
Old 03-08-2001, 04:53 PM   #6  

Oh Steph your pics are wonderful!! You have a beautiful family...and your HAIR...I want your hair!! It looks so thick and rich! And your smile! You look pretty close to what I imagined..warm and lovely!!
Old 03-08-2001, 08:22 PM   #7  

Hello all! I was glad to see that we were back up and running - and checking in. I like that new feature where we can see how many people have viewed our thread. Nice to know that our 'lurkers' are still around and hopefully (!!) finding us helpful.

Steph, I love your pictures! You are looking so good. And your kids are so adorable!! I'm impressed you're taking that Self challenge again. I've looked at those before and tho't I didn't have the discipline to do it properly so I'm doubly impressed! What a great motivator for you I'm sure. I hope you have a great trip - enjoy!!

Juno, how did the house cleaning go? Before K & I split, I often tho't of getting one in ever so often but never did get that far. Did you feel like a queen? Glad to hear you're bouncing back and feeling better.

Raychel, you go girl on the trainer idea! A friend's fiancee does that and she loves it. I know you would do a fabulous job of it! I had to laugh at the guy at the gym asking to feel your legs. Bit of a new / different approach!!

Things here are going pretty good. I made a big batch of cookies on Monday night and they are all gone with minimal eating by me! The benefits to working with all guys who love my cookies

I totally went out and treated myself this afternoon and had a fabulous time doing it. I went for lunch with a friend then went shopping! My friend was down for business (actually a consultant doing some work for my company!) but I wasn't sure how long he'd be able to stick around for so I booked the entire afternoon off. After he left I went to a shoe store and must have tried on 75% of their new spring shoes - and bought 3 pair! I haven't done that for such a long time. I can tell that my mental 'rewards' are changing. I used to go buy food as a treat, now it's shoes!!

Oops, gotta run and grab my laundry. One thing I really don't like about leaving my house and moving into an apartment is apartment laundry rooms. But is still better than having to beat my clothes down at the creek with rocks! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Last edited by JustStubborn; 03-08-2001 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2001, 01:27 AM   #8  
Juno

Hi everyone.

I do like this new page, it is easier to read somehow, and I like how it loads you up right to your next message. Good job 3FC.

The house cleaning was a very good idea. They did 2 hours and it was very freeing for me. There is still some catching up to do. Eventually I am only going to have them every 2 weeks, but they will come next week and the one after so we can get a good basis and then can maintain. Mostly they concentrated on the kitchen and bathrooms. Funny, after they left I felt like cleaning and did a couple of further projects. It is that daunting "starting" when it's gone on a bit too long that gets me. Did I feel like a queen? No, I felt like action was being taken, and I would say the feeling was energizing not royal - a preferred feeling for me!

The same day the carpet installer came to estimate installation. Now I only have to get out there, pick some carpet and order it!

Workouts are a bust this week - so far anyway. Work is insane and the kids are on a half day schedule for conference week. That always throws me a bit. Food is not bad. I am interested in going through an herbal cleansing, need to look into a good, reputable product.

Steph I can load the page with the lovely mountains but can't seem to get photos. Am I doing something wrong? Have fun on your trip!

Raychel you would be a wonderful personal trainer. I guess asking to feel your muscles takes being an "object " into a whole new dimension, eh? I'm sure he was appreciating you as sculpture however, and forgot that personal boundaries do apply! well at least he asked.

Justy sounds like a great afternoon with your friend. Nothing like the womanly art of Shopping for Shoes. At least in the laundromat/room you can run more than one load at the same time. It's efficient in a different way.

Tomorrow is my book group and it is meeting at my house - the cleaners were timely! I need to get my work done and shop for wine and snacks before my kids get out at the half day (or at least that is my preferred plan). It looks like it will be a fun weekend. OH I forgot to mention...on Wednesdays my two girls are both in a combined ballet I and II (kids) class. Christian, the director and who teaches the class, invited me to join the class for barre! Now stop laughing you guys - you think a 42-year-old woman dropping in on a class full of kids from 8-13 is funny? I asked S and A if they would be embarrassed to have their mom pop in and they were sweet and supportive. Raychel I am trying to get the drift of the head positions for front, second, back. It is harder than rubbing your tummy and patting your head when you are new at it but I want to surprise my reg. teacher on Monday with a better clue.

To work with me--

Fondly

Juno

Old 03-09-2001, 12:02 PM   #9  

Juno: The head positions will come in time and feel like second nature...the basic classes should be teaching you to follow your hand with your head.
Old 03-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #10  
Juno

Raychel - Yes they teach it but it takes so much concentration that it is hard to think about the other myriad positional and movement things - so I am just practicing the head thing over and over and over this week, so it can *become* that second nature. I have a way to go on this. I always *thought* I was coordinated

Have a good day --

Juno

Old 03-09-2001, 05:47 PM   #11  

LOL! I know I know.....nothing like a ballet class to make you realize what a klutz you are...does it to me every time!!

Have a good one!!
Old 03-13-2001, 04:45 AM   #12  
Juno

Hello and happy Tuesday everyone.

I wish all days could be like this. Perfect? No. But I am just at peace in my little cottage. I went for a walk today and took some roads in my own neighborhood I have never gone down. One road was one I have jogged past (it intersects my jogging route) countless times but I have never wandered along it. There are houses and apartments I never knew existed. I have crocuses and pulmonaria buds and spring is going to get here eventually. The house is orderly, as I have kept up momentum from my cleaning people and things are good in that dept.

Raychel how goes the trainer training plan? I ordered the tape from Amazon tonight, after looking at several I went with the one recommended by my favorite personal trainer. I am accepting of my imperfection and not so emotional about it - just learning as much as I can at my own pace. I'll join the little kids on Wednesday, what a journey this little side trail is.

Steph are you back yet? I can't wait to hear details of your trip, the fun you had and the lovely comments you are bound to hear due to your health, strength and vitality.

Justy - I agree that it is fun to see lurkers abound. I wonder if our friends Shorty, Sheryl, Katy and other pop on to read and have no time to log on and talk. I do like the energy that comes from new blood, so to speak, but we have a nice thing going now. I think we are all similar in temperament and optimism.

Catherine - how're the workouts going?

I've been considering over the past few days how my best actually eating/weight loss times comes with keeping a journal of what I eat. I got away from that and I am considering starting it again. Something in me resists, but I can't say what. Nonetheless, it is time for review of basics and some spring renewal. I am even considering re-readint MTC (okay skimming it), just for reconnection with the connection, hehe.

The server keeps aborting, but I haven't lost any text yet. Still, with that in mind I will sign off with all my good wishes to you all - think about what it means to be 5% and have gratitude! We are so lucky.

Juno

Old 03-13-2001, 09:09 AM   #13  

Checking in
Old 03-13-2001, 09:41 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone. I have been trying to post since the new server, but hasn’t allowed me to. You wouldn’t believe the words of wisdom that have been lost!

Raychel – I have been wanting to tell you that I think it’s a GREAT idea to look into becoming certified. It doesn’t hurt one bit. Maybe you’ll fall in love with it, and maybe you’ll hate it. Everyone has to start out somewhere.

Steph – You were NOT what I pictured in my mind at all. But STILL beautiful. You really truly do look great. Hope that you’re having a wonderful time on your mini-vacation.

Juno – my workouts are going well. Planning on cardio and ST tonight. As much as I dislike running, I know that it really helps me out. Running, ST and walking have to be my fundamentals. I’ll supplement with yoga and pilates. I am excited for summer when I can rollerblade again and softball season is right around the corner. I would love to have the discipline to food journal, but I’m not there. I read MTC about once a year to refresh and revive.

That’s about it. Have been doing well with eating. Still planning out all of my meals at night. That seems to help. It’s a no-brainer what’s for dinner. I tend to not eat after dinner, so that’s good.

Still 5% with all of you.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:45 PM   #15  

I'm in a disgruntled mood so I'll try and keep my post short since it will probably be a complaining one anyhow. PMS & Potty Training plus a touch of the stomach flu are making me very short tempered today. Why did I feel I couldn't leave my family for a 7 day vacation?? Next time I won't feel guilty and off I will go.

I had a great time in my short 48 hour break. I must admit that I ate way too much but it was all stuff I wouldn't find around here so I gorged. This one restaurant had the biggest portions of food I have ever seen. Huge waste of food because there is no way you could actually finish it. I swear the one chicken dish I ordered had like 3 chicken breasts in it! I got outside with the green grass and enjoyed the 60 degree weather but there was no sun which is something I really needed. My girlfriend said yesterday was 78 & sunny - BOO HOO!!!

Thanks for the compliments on the photos but the only good looking ones are the kids. DH & I were cute once but age is killing us! My kids are cute though!

Raychel - I do hope that you pursue your training interests because I thought you looked awesome in your photos and would die to have your muscle tone. My hair is owed to Loreal Excellence & the fact that I can let it air dry in the morning. Trust me I have had some frizzie overpermed nasty hair in years past.

Catherine- I was doing great with the meal planning but have slipped up. Back to basics again... I do plan out the grocery list which has really helped on having nibbly foods around. I don't really buy stuff anymore that I used to munch such as chips or crackers. There is hardly any dessert here for me either but today I asked DH to grab me something (PMS speaking not me)

Juno - Oh Oh what is spring??? I left last week and the snow was slowly melting and I could see mud. Yesterday we got 7 inches of snow and we have another huge storm hitting on Thursday. All the states below us are in the 50's but we are just getting slammed. I think I inspired my GF to start taking her walks more seriously because she has no energy & whines about her lack of it. She walked for 50 minutes yesterday and plans to do it again today.

I am off to do more stupid chores...hope everyone has a good week! Steph
Closed Thread