Old 05-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Uncontrolable Hunger. HELP!

So i woke up a little late today and I wasnt very hungry so instead of a big breakfast all i ate was a chocolate muffin top (vita-tops) so it was fairly healthy. BUT i am at work a few hours later and have been so HUNGRY all day! All i have left here is a string cheese and peanutbutter(which is my boss') I have eaten a string cheese, 2 bottles of water and 2 tbsp peanutbutter. I still feel as though i havent eaten in a week. When i get off i am going straight to my nephews b-day party. Of coarse burgers, hot dogs, cake, icecream. HELP how do i fuel this hunger and not stuff my face with junk.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

I HATE those days. Most days I'm ok, I eat until satesfied and don't let myself get hungry very often. But, there are "those" days where I feel like I could eat a HOUSE and still be famished.

If it's truly a real hunger, is there a vending machine at work? Some pretzels, or a trail mix, or some crackers... or... any type of somewhat healthy food to get your hands on? Just so you're not "starving" when you get to the party?

Good luck, and have fun at the party
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

Thanks. No vending machine. No nothing except for a pizza place next door. So i will try to eat as healthy as i can and tell that cake NO
Old 05-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I have days like that and after MUCH intense scrutiny of my journaling, i have found that most of the days like that have the common thread of a low protien and low fiber breakfast. If i eat a healthy cereal or even oatmeal...i am STARVING the WHOLE rest of the day. Even though those are "healthy" breakfasts. I HAVE to have a high protien, high fiber breakfast and then it is like it sets my pace for the day. The one that works the best for me is Special K protien plus cereal. It has an enormous amount of protien and fiber.
I know this doesnt help with your problem today, but just something to think about in the future to AVOID days like today.
Good luck with the Bday party.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:41 PM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Can stop somewhere, between your work and the party, for a salad? That will fill you up a bit and then even if you the bad stuff, at least you will eat less of it.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #6  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

when i feel hungry, i will have a glass of water and then wait 20 minutes. if i am hungry after that time then i can figure it's real hunger and eat a snack. sometimes if you are hungry it's really thirst and you should drink water-- are you having your 64 oz of water a day? also, i find gum helps. it's a great way to keep your mouth busy without blowing your whole day of good eating.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #7  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I know it's not the best for you, but on those days where I feel like I can eat the entire fridge I have myself a diet soda I know. The bubbles fill me up and the caffeine gets me through till dinner.

Some days I catch myself thinking about what I can eat that doesn't have calories.. "This napkin looks nice" Those are the days where I know it's ok to have a soda.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

protien and fiber help me when I am extra hungry.
South Beach has these drink mixes that are individual that have protien and fiber and taste good.They are in stores near the crystal light and koolaid .
Just mix one in a bottle of water. Grab any protein you can. Also I add
a Tablespoon of Benefifer to a drink like propel or crystal light and that really helps. I cannot tell it is in the drink so it is not like the old grainy fiber.
You can add it in soup also. nuts will curb hunger but have calories as well.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #9  
*Courtney Rae*

Thanks for all the help ladies. I did okay at the party. I had a burger with no bun and no condiments besides mustard and some pasta salad. And 1 scoop of icecream. I told the cake no and sunday i was back to eating a much better breakfast
Old 05-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #10  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Way to go with saying NO to the cake,, I had the same problem yesterday and did just like you and had NO Goodies..
Congrats on your decision. I bet you feel good about what you decided to do, Don't you?

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #11  
*Courtney Rae*

feels great because i didnt lose anything by saying no. But man was it hard i had to walk away and not watch everyone enjoy it
Old 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #12  
Changing for the better

Great job!! Staying healthy when everyone else around you seems to be pigging out is so hard to do....but you did it - and didn't let yourself get off track.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote