South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Clucking - May 3 & 4

Good morning. The deck chairs are wet so bring your Beach towel to sit on while we have coffee. It's gray out there but coffee will help us rise above it. The robins are singing beautifully this morning.

Saturday is full with an afternoon birthday BBQ starting at one and the morning to be spent making devilled eggs as my contribution. I hope to get a chance to clean the inside of my car. A bag of topsoil leaked in the back seat! There are times when I wish I had a kid around to bribe for jobs like that!

What's going on with you? Sit and chat a while.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wonderful Weekend Chick Chat

Cheers!

I have the entire weekend to myself!!!!!! I don't know yet just how I'm going to spend it, but I do plan to enjoy it!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #3  

You beat me to it again, Ruth! Speaking of cleaning out cars, you just reminded me that I should vacuum out mine today, too. The girls ate banana bread in there the other day, and there are crumbs all over the place.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #4  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Well, it'll be a busy weekend -- we have parties to attend each day. This morning grandpa is coming to take my 2 year old out for a few hours, so hopefully the baby and I will get to take a walk on the nature trail behind our house. I am sending DH to the store!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:31 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...storming here...thunder and lightening all night long and tons of rain. So much for jazz fest today. Guess I'll go to the grocery store instead this morning and if it clears up, we may go to a restaurant out on a river close to here and see if they have music this evening.

Looks like I might get to go on another swamp picture taking trip tomorrow, so that is something to look forward to.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning ladies!
2 days back at work and I'm already back up at the crack of dawn on a saturday about to hit the shower and get my buns moving!
I found out why I've had a hard time (one of the reasons) staying away from a lot of sweet/salty foods. VITAMIN DEFICIENCY! So I have some horse pills to start enjoying and we'll see what happens. Going to see if MIL can meet me at the grocery to shuttle my food home!
Ruth your deck sounds like heaven! Oh Cabana boy!
Cottage: Enjoy your day!! You deserve some spoilage!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

leaving for richmond just waving hi as I drive through!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Ruth - Sounds like a busy weekend. I'm still waiting for the coffee to help me rise above the drippy, damp, cold weather outside. Might need another pot

Cottage - Enjoy your weekend! What a treat.

Natalie'sMom - A nature walk sounds like fun

Cat - I can't wait to see the new pictures!

KO - Which vitamins or was it more general? My chiro has been urging me to get the Vt D test but I haven't gotten around to it. I was up at 5, just out of habit. I miss the days when I could sleep late any day!

Nessa - No waving while driving Or surfing the net either!

We were going to make a quick run to the coast but discovered the forecast had changed and it's raining there too. It's just not worth the drive when it's both cold and rainy. Looks like it will be chores today. That's not bad since we both have other commitments tomorrow. It's just dull.

I'm trying to get myself back on track. I did great for 7 months - no real OP eating, not even tempted most days. The last week or so I've had a tough time though. I'm not eating off plan so much as eating too much when I'm not even hungry. I have a history of bulimia in my 20s and binge eating forever so this concerns me. I suspect it's being close to goal and maybe a little self sabotage. My binges were always very private so I'm hoping that putting it out here in front of everyone will help me get back on track.

Kara - bet life is very busy right now. You are missed around here!

Here's to making the most of drippy damp weather!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies, just stopping in quick to say hello.

I have to get the house cleaned and then we are going to DS track meet and who knows what....looks to be a beautiful day, I have the windows open to get fresh air in the house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #10  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cyndi - What is making your chiropractor think you are vit. d deficient? It is one of the hardest vitamins to be deficient in, as you almost have to try not to get it.

Anyway, good morning chicks. We had some horrible storms last night, but it's really beautiful right now. I bought some ww graham flour and I think I'm going to make muffins with it for breakfast. Hubs wants salsa eggs as well.

We have to take both our cars to get the oil changed and mine needs an alignment. After that, we're going to Men's Warehouse or somewhere similar to get a sportcoat for an interview that hubs has this week.

I'm hoping to rally our friends and their son together to go for a hike at a nearby nature preserve. Maybe have a picnic afterwards.

Have a great Saturday, girls!

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-03-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Zeffryn - Do you have a source for your info? I'm really curious because I've been reading and hearing a lot of info about Vitamin D deficiency lately, all saying that most people are deficient. I assume there must be another side out there somewhere so would like to hear more
Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned.

PearlRose
Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #12  

I'm back from getting groceries, and just made reservations at a tea room for my mother and I for this afternoon. That will be her Mother's Day gift from me, since I'll probably be spending next weekend at Monica's.

I'm interested in hearing more about Vitamin D, too. My Gyn strongly recommended I take it every day along with my calcium.

All of a sudden there's all kinds of sirens and horns going off, we don't live far from a firestation. Somebody's weekend is getting off to a bad start.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:44 AM   #13  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning from the Old Hen.

Another beautiful day in So. Calif. It got up to the mid 80's yesterday but is supposed to be a bit cooler today. Now if I could just get my buns in gear and go exercise. Such a lazy bum I am.

Today, I have to drive about 100 miles to the high desert to watch my DGS play in his soccer tournament. If they win today, they come back up tomorrow for the championship. But it probably won't happen. Soccer with 16-year olds is pretty rough and some kids in the team have that macho attitude that causes problems. The game starts at 2 p.m., but I am meeting my family for lunch first, so I have to hit the road in about 2-1/2 hours.

Yesterday, I went for lunch to an old barbeque place that just changed ownership. Had a big cobb salad. Therre was enough for 2 or 3 people, but I don't like left-overs, so I ate the whole thing. I thought for sure I'd done some serious damage to my program, but I only gained .2 lb. this morning. Today, I should do much better. Then I had a diet Dr. Pepper - so good - but they make me so hungry later, and by dinnertime, I was famished. But I just had a big piece of chicken and called it a day.

I got some Vit D pills at the drug store. I also take Vit B-12 and a bunch of other vitamins. My holistic doctor always gives me a B-12 shot when I go see him.

I was hoping to download the new SB book into my Kindle electronic book, but it hasn't been put on Kindle yet so I'll wait. I don't need any more paper books in my place - I'm overwhelmed with all the low carb cookbooks, etc., I already bought - and I rarely do much cooking as I live alone and my tastes are pretty plain unless I go out to eat.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay dry, Cat.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I'm interested in hearing more about Vitamin D, too. My Gyn strongly recommended I take it every day along with my calcium.
I started hearing about it in the winter. I'm one of those people who get a bit testy by February Now though I've been hearing more about the connection to general aches and pains, arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc and deficiency. Some current research indicates that because most of us don't get outside enough and use sunscreen when we do (as we should!) we aren't getting the D we need. Apparently those of us who were/are obese also need more D because it's fat soluble. I love research so I've tossed in a few links if you want to read more. I tried to stick with sites without an agenda (like selling more vitamins!).
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0125223302.htm
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/review/s...7vitaminD.html
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/fe...ough-vitamin-d
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Natur...pplements.aspx

Yes, I am a geek. Why do you ask
Old 05-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Mornin' Ladies! I'm terrible about taking my vitamins. I'm sure that I have lots of deficiencies...maybe at the store I should check something out. Like most of you today I'll be cleaning and grocery shopping. I also need to get a new pair of shoes and a new bra. Good times! Tonight I think dh and I are going to scrap the concert that we were going to go to and go see a movie instead. I hope everyone here has a lovely weekend!
ENJOY!
Closed Thread