Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #1  

Question Beelean Extreme, dangerous or not?

Hello there.

I've come across this product, Beelean and Beelean Xtreme. It's a pill, all natural that's supposed to really help burn pounds and inches, etc. As a rule, I don't trust diet pills, but this seems somewhat more legit.
Anyway, my concern is that BeeleanXtreme has 25mg of Ephedra Extract. Now I know Ephedra is effective and dangerous, and that the FDA banned it's use in 2007.
The company kinda sidesteps the issue and says
"Ephedra Extract is legal to sell in all 50 states and is not subject to the FDA final rule on dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids."
Nonetheless, there seem to be a bit more warnings on the Xtreme bottle as opposed to just Beelean EF (ephedra free).
The testimonials in various forums seem to praise the product, but the fact that i couldn't find anything negative isn't very reassuring.
Would you say that it might work; either of them? More importantly, do you think there's a risk in using the ephedra, or rather, ephedra extract product?
Thank You.
Drugchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #2  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I will warn you, there is something in my (and my fathers) genetics that makes us go insane when we use ephedra. We see things, we pick really serious fights, we hear things. Its really bad news. We turn into different people. I hurt myself really badly fighting with an electric fence before I found out ephedra would have that effect on me.
Now it doesn't happen to everyone, and in all fairness the DMT in 'tussin will make me trip really hard, so I may just be sensitive. However, I would never ever even consider something with ephedra.
HTH
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, looking at the ingredients, ephedra isn't the only one I'd be wary of. It is sad that manufacturers can make up a pill, regardless of dangers/side effects AND the fact that there hasn't been any that have been proven effective, and market it to the masses without blinking an eye. One reason I stay away from pills.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #4  

Thank you both for the replies.

I'm fairly certain i'll be staying away from the ephedra product (Beelean Extreme); not worth the risk.
But can I ask what other ingredients in Beelean were a cause for concern? There didn't seem to be any to me and I'd like to know for future consideration or before i make a decision to buy it.
And also, have any of you tried the product, or know someone who did, perhaps? I'd love to know if it worked, or how it affected you. On that same note, has anyone tried any diet pill that they think worked for them? If I could have the names so I could check it out, that'd be great.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #5  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

do a google search on it and you will most likely get all kinds of reviews.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

When I looked at the ingredients, they were for the extreme version. The other version seems less concerning but here is some information on some of the ingredients.

Chromium seems the most concerning
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...um_Picolinate/

Garcinia
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...%28HCA%29/

Hoodia (basically it doesn't contain real hoodia, but what does it really contain?)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Diet...odia_Gordonii/

Also some of the other ingredients act similar to regular medicines. If for some reason you can't take aspirin, you shouldn't take this pill at all. If you are on blood pressure medicine, you shouldn't take this pill as well.

Personally, I do find it difficult to trust my health to diet pill manufacturers. Time and time again, it has shown that they do what is best for their pocket not your health. When I looked up White Willow Bark, there was a mention of a woman who died from taking a diet pill since it acts like aspirin and she had an allergy to aspirin. Unusual and rare? Yes but really it isn't worth the risk as many people have died/had medical issues over various diet pills throughout the years, while even taking the normal dosage.

Last edited by nelie; 05-02-2008 at 09:43 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #7  

Gotcha. That was very informative, thank you. And as usual, I did decide not to go with the pills. Guess I'll give the whole exercise thing another try.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #8  

Default Beelean

I am trying it out now. I have only had it for two days though, so only time will tell if it works. I got a couple of free samples that have 6 pills each.
I did some research and there are some dangerous things put into this pill, like chromium, but chromium is something our bodies need anyway, just not too much. It has been proved that chromium had bad effects on lab mice dna, but they were given WAY larger doses than is even practical for a human to take. I have a feeling anything else that is dangerous in this pill isn't given in large enough doses to really hurt someone, unless you overdose on them. If you want to try it out, it's not hard to find where to get a free sample. They even have a myspace page that sends them out to you even without paying shipping. That's how I got mine. I will post again next week or so when I can see how it's going. Good luck with everything!
queenbubbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #9  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

The ephedra ingredient in any products that you can currently buy on the market are not the same as the ephedra that was taken off the market. Ephedra alkaloids which were the effective (and possibly dangerous) ingredient are banned. These companies are taking advantage of the consumer by marketing ephedra extract -praying on those of us that are desperate to lose weight- with an unproven ingredient making people think it is the ephedra that was removed from the market. Don't waste your money you will lose weight because you are dieting and exercising.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote