Old 04-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking At Home Support Group...4/27 to 5/3

Hello Ladies! Since Jeanne is out and about I thought I'd get us started for the week. This was my infamous "fourth week" and I was up the usual 0.5 lb for the week. TOM is not my friend! BUT - - that means that I'll have a great loss next week!

Hope that everyone is having a good weekend!

Drink your water, eat your veggies, and shake that booty!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #2  

Welcome Jana!

I think you'll find lots of support here! We've all lost weight and gained some back, it's a lifetime endeavor, isn't it?

for what you've done and for the rest!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/173/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Jana!

I have to agree that as we age, it gets harder and harder. I've had 2 kids and I'm 15 years older than you. I weigh about 40 pounds more now than I did before getting married. I used to binge eat when I deprived myself. I think WW is so great for that because you can have what you want - just not a huge amount. The counting keeps me in line.

Good luck to you!

Pam
ppturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/149/139

Height: 5'8"

Default New- this is day 1 for me

Hello,

My name is Julie Mannering. I am a mother of 2 girls (ages 5 and 2). I stay at home but teach online classes and run two family business.

I just ordered the Deluxe at Home kit, I am still reading through all the material. I like what I have read so far! I am currently reading the tools for living part which I think can really add to the success of the WW experience. I am very excited about starting this and making a lifestyle change instead of just a diet. I tend to get on a kick and do good for a week or two but them find my interest lost and on to the next Big Thing.

I know I will need support and I hope I can give support as well.

Julie
Colorado998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #5  

Welcome Julie!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #6  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Hello....

Morning ladies,

Welcome to our "newcomers". I agree that you'll find support here. I've been struggling this weekend / week. I was doing really well yesterday but needed some chocolate and then the hubby made fresh chocolate chip cookies and I ate three. I've gained a little weight but won't know for sure until weigh in on Thursday. Take it one day at a time..... I'm going to keep trying and I'll check in later.

Keep up the good work and for those who are struggling just take it one meal at a time.

Last edited by BrianaSalvatore; 04-29-2008 at 08:35 AM.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  

Day 2 for me and I am wanting Chocolate. I have WW Chocolate ice cream bars, (2 points) but I am trying to hold off until later today.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Hello everyone. I'm Melissa and I have a ways to go at 281 lbs. I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter that I have been a single mom to for the last year, I have hopes that I can work on my marriage but I just don't know what the future holds. I just started journaling my points(I do flex) again on Monday. I need this accountability to my food in order to keep eating in a range that will not lead to lbs piling on. I'm also doing exercise and have been attending a gym since Feb. I've already improved my fitness in a short time and I wasn't going as much as I should have been. But now I'm getting on track and making these changes a part of life too as I go because I know the way to keep it off and to get all the way to goal for once in my life it needs to be permanent changes even when the weight is gone. I want to be active and eat healthy foods.

Julie,
I try to leave room for those sweets and things that I don't want to give up. When I did WW before at age 20 I accounted for a daily soda not diet REGULAR and I usually had a York peppermint patty a few times a week at least. For chocolate craving go with FF(fat free) chocolate pudding. I also like to get sugar free popsicles for my sweet tooth(desserts at night) good for me and not a lot of additional sugar for my daughter. I love the sugar free fudgesiciles too.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 04-29-2008 at 11:42 PM.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #9  

Welcome Lissa! Good job on the weight you've lost so far and we hope to support you through a lot more! And thanks for the nice comments on my progress pictures in the other thread!

Julie - - my boyfriend buys me these 1 POINT candies made by Whitman's. They're a joint venture between WW and Whitman's and they are very, very good. I eat one almost every night after dinner because I need that sweet something to tell me that it's time to be done eating for the evening. I have a friend that does the same thing with just regular Hershey's Minatures, although I don't know if they are 1 POINT or 2. Most "fun sized" candy bars are 2 POINTS, I'm a peanut M&M junkie and keep the fun packs around to keep from buying a big bag and eating the whole thing. That's the great thing about WW, there are ways to eat the things you love!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #10  

Thanks, that helps. I will have to look for FF pudding or Popsicles. Can you buy Whitman's at places like Wal-mart?

I know I read this somewhere but I can not find it now that I am looking for it. How do you add the ticker thing at the bottom?

Last edited by Colorado998; 04-30-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #11  

Yeah, we have the Whitman's at Wal-mart here, it's in the card aisle with their boxed candy.

If you click on someone's ticker it will take you to where you can make your own I think. I did mine a very, very long time ago and I just change the numbers now, so I forget how to do it. I know that it gives you a code and you have to copy and paste the code in User CP under "edit my signature". I hope that helps!

I'm trying to drink my water, I'm on my third 8 ounces. I've spent more time in the breakroom getting water and in the bathroom than about anything today!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #12  

Thank you, I am working on getting my ticker- I have one but can not find the signature area in the USER CP section.

I need to drink more water, I am not good with that at all- Thanks for bringing that up- I will drink some now.

I am going on a weekend trip- my husband's hobby is racing cars which takes us out of state all the time for the weekend. I need advice or suggestions on what to do about food. I am a stay at home mom, so we do not each out much- except when we go racing. We are leaving friday and then staying in a hotel and return sunday. I was really hoping to see some type of weight loss, even a pound by monday but I am afraid that with this trip it will not happen.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249/249/150

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone. My name is Jennifer and I am new here. I have been thinking about starting WW, but I am just totally lost and confused. I don't really have time to go to the meetings so I was thinking about trying the at home version. However, I am a complete slacker and I have a feeling that even though I have the best of intentions, I will probably slack off and not follow the plan. However, I am willing to try so I was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly how the WW at home works. Do they give you receipes? Or is basically a fend for yourself type of thing?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

-Jennifer
Matthey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #14  

Hi Jennifer! Jump right in! I don't actually do the at-home program, I just got the books by going to a meeting and do it at home on my own. If you think that you'll have difficulty with self motivation you may want to go to a few meetings just to get started.

Julie - - I think that you may have to be a member for 30 days and have 30 posts before you can do a signature now that I think about it. I'm not really sure though, sorry I wasn't more help

Last edited by Mom2QJandT; 04-30-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: I can't spell :)
Old 04-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Thanks for the welcome Mom2QJandT. You have made amazing progress. I have a friend that has lost 75+ lbs on WW too she is also an inspiration. I can't wait to fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes 18-20s. I'll continue but that will be a milestone for sure.

Julie, If you have not had your account her a month you can't post a ticker because we don't get signature access until a month. Its at the top in UserCP. Hope this helps. I can't wait to post a ticker. I like watching it move. I got and exercise one too all ready to go. If I remember right the FF puddings are 2 pts. I haven't got them in a long time because milk upsets my tummy and I try to stick with soy milk so I make it sometimes myself with soy milk.

Jennifer,
I believe they are doing free registration again(not sure I saw a commercial recently) what I did was go for a few weeks but I knew I'd have the materials and decided after missing a few that I would just join a gym and do this WW on my own. I don't have much info on the At Home plan. I have done meetings and online which was cool but I didn't keep up with it as well as on paper.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 04-30-2008 at 06:48 PM.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote