Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #1  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take 17!!! (May)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I weighed in today and lost 2. I was so thankful. I've also lost a total of 53 inches which really gave me incentive to go to the gym today. I almost talked myself out of going but went and was so glad afterwards.

I'm really worried about the month of May. I have so much going on and food will be involved in alot of things. I'm going to NY with my daughter's school group and I know the choices to eat aren't going to be great. School is getting out and we have cookouts and faculty parties. I am really going to need some willpower to get through the month and not gain. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!
This is wonderful news, what a great day! 2 lbs. WAY TO GO! 53" WOW - fabulous!!! Sounds like May is going to be a tuff one but I know you can do it! Stay focused, make the best choices possible and when you can, PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #2  
Jeannie

Talking

Today was my center visit (via the phone) LOL The manager in the Murfreesboro office is so kind, she is always very helpful and positive. She says that I am where they want me to be but for some reason I feel I am behind. It was recommended that I change up how I take my HNS's through out the day. (BORO ladies, help me out here- I can never remember her name) is it Tere or something like that? (Hard to remember a name without putting it with a face). Well any how, it was recommended- 1 as soon as I get up, 1 mid morning, 1 with lunch, and a 4th mid afternoon! Suppose I will try this! I was doing 1 when I got up, 1 mid morning, 1 mid afternoon, and one later in the evening! Ohhhh BTW I got my HNS's in today (never thought they were going to get here, I ordered them on the 19th)! UGH!! Granted the home brew was not that bad, it was getting a bit old on the taste buds!

So with all being said, I am going to step it up a bit! Since I have been ducking and dodging this weighing of food stuff, I have a scale and am on it dogonit! Changing up HNS intake a bit and am up to 30 min. on the eliptical! Have shut down the gym twice this week thus far and am feeling pretty darn good! Had to put a boot to my boooooty and get it in gear! All have a wonderful, fabulous OP day!

Here is some hugs and joy for you all just because you are all fabulous! You are all winners in my book! Just in case you need it through out the day, here is some Make your decisions wisely!!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #3  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantdieting View Post
I decided to get serious AGAIN and to login to see what's going on with my online buddies...had to search to find TAKE 16! I am SOOOOOOOOO proud of you guys! The pics are great...donuts, shineOn, cargirl, Bomaze, readytobethin....just to name a few of the ones I remember.

WOW...just what I need to hear! I have been off/on plan....yo-yoing...etc. since Christmas. Today I went by the center for WI and products (1st visit in 3 weeks) and I had gained 3 lbs since my last WI. I am still hoovering around a 40 pound loss when I should have reached goal months ago. But that is behind me and I'm looking forward. Thanks namaste for posting this wonderful, encouraging message....can I use it, too?
I've been around about a month on this forum and am enjoying it very much. All here are fabulous! Sooo that being said, good to have you back! Sounds like you did a fabulous job maintaining - so you took a break, you have got to do this when you are ready! Sounds like you have a plan, don't beat yourself up over the past, it is exactly that, the past! We can't change the past but we can decide on a path for the present and our future! You know what you need to do for you! Look forward to reading your posts! Congratulations for taking that first step, getting back on board is the hardest part!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #4  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Nsv

Last night I had a great NSV.

It's finally time to do the big switcharoo. That's when I take out spring cloths and put away the winter ones. Clean out what hasn't been worn and what doesn't fit. Anyway, guess what? Shorts and summer things that were either tight or didn't fit now do. I modeled things that I was unsure of for DH and several things were too big. Even though they are almost new they are going bye-bye today. It was such a good feeling not to have to suck it in to get it to fit. And my muffin-top is a lot smaller.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #5  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #6  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Boomer1, Ms.Gigi, ieducatethem:
Great job with those losses, both lbs. and inches.

3MM:
What willpower...good for you.

OK, for all you proponents of the oatmeal/cottage cheese breakfast thingy -- YUK! I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, but love my oatmeal, so thought I should give this a try. (I have these visuals about some foods, and cottage cheese looks like it has already been eaten once!) I cooked the oatmeal, added the cottage cheese, which looked pretty disgusting mixed in with the oatmeal, then added the cinnamon and nutmeg and nuked it again. Sat down at the table, took one bite and couldn't handle those little cheesy curds in my mouth. Down the sink it went, and I am back to my one egg w/cheese and a slice of cinnamon toast.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #7  

Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
Hope you have a great day.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #8  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantdieting View Post
WOW...just what I need to hear! I have been off/on plan....yo-yoing...etc. since Christmas. Today I went by the center for WI and products (1st visit in 3 weeks) and I had gained 3 lbs since my last WI. I am still hoovering around a 40 pound loss when I should have reached goal months ago. But that is behind me and I'm looking forward. Thanks namaste for posting this wonderful, encouraging message....can I use it, too?
Good for you for getting back OP and back to your center. It can be so hard to get back in the swing of things but you sound like you are motivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post

It's finally time to do the big switcharoo. That's when I take out spring cloths and put away the winter ones. Clean out what hasn't been worn and what doesn't fit. Anyway, guess what? Shorts and summer things that were either tight or didn't fit now do. I modeled things that I was unsure of for DH and several things were too big. Even though they are almost new they are going bye-bye today. It was such a good feeling not to have to suck it in to get it to fit. And my muffin-top is a lot smaller.
Congrats!! What a great feeling that is, isn't it? I took a bunch of clothes to the waterfront mission charity last week. One of my goals is to NEVER buy that size again!

Ms Gigi Interesting about the changing your HNS times. Can you have a 5th one if you like? I guess if you can, you can have that after dinner if you want something else.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #9  
Jeannie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4nmb2 View Post
Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
Deepest sympathy for your situation! I am soo sorry! All is understandable. Welcome back to MRC, yes it is a fabulous program and will help you get to your goal! You have found a fabulous group for support and advice!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #10  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Ms Gigi Interesting about the changing your HNS times. Can you have a 5th one if you like? I guess if you can, you can have that after dinner if you want something else.
She did'nt say anything about the 5th, but I am assuming it would be fine! Figured I would try and back off of the 5th and use it as needed! When those cravings kick in and or if I eat dinner real early and just feel I need something in the late evening!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
just checking in. I had a presentation that I was working on all week and finally got it completed!!! WHOA! Anyway, in the process I missed 8 pages! Angie! I love your pic!!!!!
Good Job on completing the presentation, don't worry about missing pages, just jump back in with both feet! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
Hi everybody. Way to go on all losses. I am soooo jealous. I have been so bad. We are having testing all week at school ( I work at the Jr. High) so there are lots of goodies in the teacher lounge. So I have a little bite of this and a little bite of that and before you know it I'm parked at sonic eating a hamburger. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????
I feel like I have given myself permission to eat whatever I want for the next month. We will be moving at the end of may, and I think something in my brain says "just wait until then, and then you can start back up." But I don't want to do that. When we move back, I want my old friends to see how hard I have been working. What do I do? I'm so sick of this. Cheating, feeling guilty, and cheating and feeling guilty. It is an endless cycle. I want to do this. I need to do this. So what is wrong?
I'm going to plaster my house with signs that say "hey fat ---, don't eat that!!" Maybe that will help!!!
There is nothing wrong with you. I had one of these days yesterday. I don't know why. I just got done with a big lose and yesterday I just couldn't resist cookies, and some recees minis YIKES! But join me today, I am right back on track and I am going to write everything down right when I eat it! It is nice that this is easy to get back to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
WI today and was up 1 pound...Of course, that sucks and blows!!! The counselor did the tanita today and I was holding 1.5 pounds of water. Why in heck does my body hold water like that? She said that sometimes right after TOM women will hold water for a few days. Hmmph! It's been 4 days now!!! I wanna squash that theory real bad!

Now on a positive note. I am now down 40 inches and my bmi went down to 29. I lost 3.6% body fat, which is good. I try to remember the quote about the scale when it doesn't move....(was it donuts quote, can't remember), but I sure am glad to be able to rant to you all. It gives my poor family a little break from hearing it...
40 inches!!!! Wonderful! I hear you about the water. Watch the sodium and water for a couple days and see if it helps, not sure as TOM but it is worth a try!

Quote:
Went to the doctor today to get the results from the lab work that was done last week. First the good news:

Tsh is thyroid stimulating hormone. That was way low. Anyway it's not as simple as increasing or decreasing my thyroid meds. Both under and over dosing can cause the same side effect of hair loss. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist. Bad news is that it's not until June 25th.
Congrats on all the good tests! That stupid TSH can be such a pain. Good thing you went in and had it tested! I am wishing you luck. I know what a pain in can be as they make adjustments to meds and retest you, but in the end it will be worth it when you feel yourself again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Hey y'all! Just checking in -
Hello, enjoy your vacation and then back on task!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
This week has been awful. Off plan like crazy. I'm depressed about cheating but it's been a downward spiral. I'm definitely not weighing in this week. Why am I losing momentum when I'm halfway there???
Chin up! You are doing so great. Remind yourself why you are doing this and then be a stickler for writing down what you eat when you eat it. Do this with me for a couple days and you will be back on track. Forgive yourself because you have done nothing wrong, you just need to move forward!

[QUOTE=mommato3;2178141]There must be something about being "half-way" there. I am really struggling to stay op. I want to and I want to lose the rest of my weight, but I just keep messing up. And it is a downward spiral, just like you said. I can't seem to get out of it, and it shows when I weigh in. I eat off plan, then I feel guilty, and think well, it doesn't matter, I've already blown it for the day. Then the guilt sets in again. I am very tired of this horrible cycle.
QUOTE]

I don't think it is the halfway point but the time of year. Try not to feel guilty, just move forward and do the "I'm not cheating this week" idea. Sorry, I don't remember who said it but it was fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
First, a hug....

Do you remember the analogy about the exit ramp? If you were driving down the highway, and you missed your exit.... would you keep right on driving, cussing yourself out about missing the exit, blaming yourself about what a bad person you were because you missed that exit, only to continue to drive on and on?? OR.... do you get off at the next exit, make the correction, and move on?

It's time to just move on. It's not worth it to beat yourself up over it. Every choice you make, path you take, etc... molds you into the wonderful person you are. Learn from it, and it will be worth it in the long run.

Do you remember where you were the last time you were at your weight? Do you remember how you felt at that time? Where you depressed or struggling? Could there be something that is holding you back, or blocking you? I remember that I got stuck for a moment and had to think back to the time I was at my weight (when my block happened) and I remembered that it was the last time I lost what I thought was a lot of weight. I realized that I was scared that I might not be able to pass that amount. I wrote it down, and really let it process. And when I mean wrote it down.... I did... the good the bad the ugly.... anything that would come to mind, went on that paper. Then I let it go.

Does this make sense?

You're going to be fine..... just hold tight
I love this post. Thank you! It really made me think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I went to WI today and have lost another 2.4 lbs for a total of 28.2. I can't believe I am almost to 30 lbs!!!!!

I have been craving something sweet for the past couple of days. This is unusual for me because I usually like salty snacks better. Anyway, I made the meringue cookie from the MRC cookbook. They were pretty good! Does anyone know how many we can have at the time?
Congrats on your loss! As for the mer. cookies you can have the whole batch as your protein. I was also told that egg whites are a free food so you can make them up and have them if you feel hungry throughout the day for a quick pick me up.

[QUOTE=ieduc8em;2178650I weighed in today and lost 2. I was so thankful. I've also lost a total of 53 inches which really gave me incentive to go to the gym today. I almost talked myself out of going but went and was so glad afterwards.

I'm really worried about the month of May. I have so much going on and food will be involved in alot of things. I'm going to NY with my daughter's school group and I know the choices to eat aren't going to be great. School is getting out and we have cookouts and faculty parties. I am really going to need some willpower to get through the month and not gain. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week![/QUOTE]

Good job on your loss of 2!

I hear you about the May thing. I have 6 grads and 3 confirmations to go to out of state. I am staying with my SIL. Remember that grilling is fab. on this lifestyle. Have you grilled zuchinni and squash yet???? YUM! Most grilled events are great for having protein, veggies....just watch the pasta salads! You can always bring something too. This first cookout I went to I brought the Fiesta Ranch Dip and a plate of veggies. I wasn't asked to, but the hostess loved it and I had food I knew I could eat. I also keep HNS, supps, and some apple chips in my purse just in case. You will do well, just plan ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
First off... Thank you to everyone that commented on my picture. I don't know what it was about that picture but I have wanted to share it with everyone. I even put it on my MySpace!! I fear I might end up being way too vain for my own good.

Today was full of challenges and while I wasn't perfect I think I did pretty darn good. Breakfast was totally on plan (MRB), no problems. But then I went to lunch with a client at Texas Roadhouse. I stuck with chicken and veggies (even asked for them to hold off on the extra salt and butter/oil) and while it was SOOOO HARD managed to not have even a nibble of a roll. Those hot, fresh, buttery rolls.

But then came after work. My friend really needed someone to talk to so I met her at Carino's and caved a little. I had one vodka soda and a single slice of their appetizer pizza thingy. I didn't have any of their fresh bread or the toasted garlic/oil mix. And then I came home and had tuna fish and green beans. I don't really feel like I "cheated" per se but I do know my willpower wasn't as strong as I had hoped it was.

But all I can do is drive on to the next exit and turn around, right? I took all my pills and I drank all my HNS's (maxed out actually) so I have that going for me.

Btw, new favorite thing ever... Mixing my nighttime HNS with a diet soda (sodium free, of course) and blending it up. I love snowcones so it's kind of like having a snowcone without the calories or guilt!
I think you did well. Just think what you would have eaten before you started this. You deserve a great big pat on the back and a hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Today was my center visit (via the phone) LOL The manager in the Murfreesboro office is so kind, she is always very helpful and positive. She says that I am where they want me to be but for some reason I feel I am behind. It was recommended that I change up how I take my HNS's through out the day. (BORO ladies, help me out here- I can never remember her name) is it Tere or something like that? (Hard to remember a name without putting it with a face). Well any how, it was recommended- 1 as soon as I get up, 1 mid morning, 1 with lunch, and a 4th mid afternoon! Suppose I will try this! I was doing 1 when I got up, 1 mid morning, 1 mid afternoon, and one later in the evening! Ohhhh BTW I got my HNS's in today (never thought they were going to get here, I ordered them on the 19th)! UGH!! Granted the home brew was not that bad, it was getting a bit old on the taste buds!

So with all being said, I am going to step it up a bit! Since I have been ducking and dodging this weighing of food stuff, I have a scale and am on it dogonit! Changing up HNS intake a bit and am up to 30 min. on the eliptical! Have shut down the gym twice this week thus far and am feeling pretty darn good! Had to put a boot to my boooooty and get it in gear! All have a wonderful, fabulous OP day!

Here is some hugs and joy for you all just because you are all fabulous! You are all winners in my book! Just in case you need it through out the day, here is some Make your decisions wisely!!
These hugs were needed! Thanks

Glad you got your HNS!

Quote:

Gotta love that! You are doing so GREAT!!!!

Quote:
Don't you hate these tests!!! They spend the whole day doing them numerous times during the year, don't you wonder if it would be better to break it up so the kids don't have all that pressure for 5-6 hours in one day!

Anyway kudos for the great breakfast. Your kids will really appreciate it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4nmb2 View Post
WELCOME! You are going to love it here. Everyone is helpful and motivating. Ask any question and someone will know the answer or give you ideas to solve your problem. I can't wait to see the progress you are going to have!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #12  

3MM ... You had me laughing so hard with your "beggin strip" commercial ... and good job staying away from the bacon (I LOVE that smell!)

Jantdieting .... I'm so glad you're still here ... you've had a nice break, now you can get back with the program. I took a "break" myself, and am now back in ready to finish this off. We can do it!!

MSTeacher ... I feel your pain ... I hate how I feel when things don't go as I had planned eating-wise. I've had a couple things too ... I had a long talk with the consultants, got my plan and ready to go .... came home, got out the cottage cheese to blend with lemon pudding ... and the cottage cheese was rotten .... then I cannot for the life of me find my 3-ring binder (has all of my stuff and menus and hand-outs, and tools from November on ... and I've looked everywhere, called the center, etc............it just has to be somewhere, but I've been missing it since Monday! (boo) I hope that you can put the bad feelings about yourself behind you and get off at the next exit and get back on your course!

Thanks for that visualization Namaste! You look great by the way!!

Jewelie ... you are the exercise diva! I loved hearing about how you have the apple chips with you ... you have done such a great job of making up OP foods for you and your family!

Jeannie ... did your supplements all arrive safely, and are they what you expected? I love your enthusiasm and attitude!

Bomaze, Mirihawk -- we're gonna do this -- we're gonna get to stabilization and maintenance!!

Happy COLD (here in Colorado) Thursday!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #13  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I know the stress TAKS puts on the kids ( and teachers)...you are a really good mom to set them up for success. All the grades would be better if all parents took the time to invest in there kids that way.

Last edited by zackzmom; 05-01-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #14  
Terri

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5

OK, for all you proponents of the oatmeal/cottage cheese breakfast thingy -- YUK! I'm not a fan of cottage cheese, but love my oatmeal, so thought I should give this a try. (I have these visuals about some foods, and cottage cheese looks like it has already been eaten once!) I cooked the oatmeal, added the cottage cheese, which looked pretty disgusting mixed in with the oatmeal, then added the cinnamon and nutmeg and nuked it again. Sat down at the table, took one bite and couldn't handle those little cheesy curds in my mouth. Down the sink it went, and I am back to my one egg w/cheese and a slice of cinnamon toast.

GMA to 4 I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. I thought that I must have done something wrong. I tried it several times because everyone talked about how great it was. I hated it. It was slimey and just plain weird. Now I know I'm not weird.

Last edited by zackzmom; 05-01-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Add me to the list of not liking the oatmeal/cottage cheese thingy....I think it's because I can't stand the texture of cottage cheese at all.
Closed Thread