South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy May Day Chick Chat

HAPPY MAY 1st!

Still cold and more rain due this afternoon, but it's May! Warm sunny days ahead!
My new book was in the mail yesterday, so I spent last night reading it. About the only difference I can see so far is that Dr. A really stresses the important of exercise in all Phases, and he explains each Phase in more detail. I only skimmed through the recipes quickly, but I wonder, are they new recipes or just ones from his cookbooks? I'm taking the book with me today so I can finish reading it.

Well, I'd better go see what I can put together for tonight's supper, and I want to get in the 4 mile WATP before I leave this morning. It's an errand-running morning for me before I pick up Maggie at noon.

Have a super day, everyone!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:19 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage!! My book came in yesterday too. Just skimmed it over, but of course my eye caught the tiramisu recipe. May try it soon. Looks like there are a lot of new recipes in this one.

My husband's aunt and uncle are coming to pick up my MIL so she can visit with them for a few days over on the coast, so I need to scramble to get the house straight this afternoon before they get here. I think I'm just going to throw together a quick chicken salad (with grapes and toasted almonds and celery) for dinner today to save time. Love that rotisserie chicken for quickness!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-01-2008 at 06:21 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy May to everyone. Cottage is right - glorious days ahead even though today is pretty cold here. We actually had some snow yesterday!

This morning I go to town for a fitting of my compression stocking. I sure hope it helps the swelling in my leg - at that price, it should! I'll hit a big grocery store when I'm there for fruits and veggies. I'm craving asparagus and hope I can get some from the States. (I don't buy Mexican.)

Donny finished spiffing up the dog garden yesterday so things are really looking good out there. I'm not sure if Hershey appreciates it but I sure do. He will be back later today to start the gardens behind the barn. It sure is great to have the help as I've been very frustrated over gardening the last two years. "I really must cut back" is what I say every summer but then spring happens and I get my green soul back.

When I was a little girl, we used to make paper baskets, fill them with flowers and hang them on neighbours' doorknobs. I think I'll pick myself a wee bouquet today just for nostalgia.

Have a lovely day and do something flowery for yourself.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning... a bit chilly here but going to be a nice day.

DH woke me at 4:30 to tell me he was in horrible pain from a gall bladder attack and had been all night.

anyway at 5 am i gave him two vicodan and 3 benydryl (25 mg each) in the hopes of getting him to sleep. he fell asleep and now i'm not going to work till he wakes up.

oy this being married cramps my style....

oh monthly loss was 4.4 pounds.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

'Morning, Cat. That salad sounds great. I may pick up the stuff when I'm in town.

Nessa, sorry about your DH's pain. Hope it's a quick recovery. Yes, marriage does cramp one's style! And Lady, you got style!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-01-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just a quick hello today. I was on the road all day yesterday and have to be in the car again in less than an hour I hate long meeting days.

I'll try to stop in for personals tonight.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #7  

Nessa! "Being married cramps my style." Oh, honey, I know exactly what you mean!

Ruth, the girls and I always carry on that Mayday tradition! Their grandparents live in the carriage house on the property, and we always weave triangular baskets full of wildflowers and hang them on their door, and the barn doors, too.

Cat, that salad sounds yummy! I have salsa chicken in the oven right now, but I cooked extra chicken just so I'd have it for a salad.

Cyndi, have a safe day on the roads! I hope your meeting isn't too dull!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Flyby for me today.

I SOOOO didn't want to go out and jog this morning. Made every (very good) excuse not to, even though I know the reason was I just didn't want to. But I tied on my sneakers and put on my fleece head to toe and did it. It wasn't my best performance, but I did it.

Now to get these kids getting ready for school...
FluffyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:56 AM   #9  

Now, Fluffy, aren't you proud of yourself for getting out there and just doing it? Don't you feel terrific?!!!

I just finished a 3 mile WATP w/weights workout. The only problem I have is that my hands get all sweaty and it starts to get hard to hold onto the weights! But I'm so glad you gals encouraged me to try those workouts with all your enthusiastic talk, they're great! I can do one of them on the days I can't make it to Curves, or even do a short 1 mile in conjuction with my Curves workout. Now I'm enjoying a delicious bowl of steelcut oats with dried berries and nuts, and I drizzled a little sf rhubarb sauce over it. YUM!!!! After that, I have to get dressed and get myself out of here. I'm off to a good start, though!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #10  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! It is a good morning as the baby slept 6 hours last night -- woo hoo!

I am off to walk with another mommy friend this morning, and then I am hoping my MIL will babysit this afternoon so that I can get a pedicure.

I'll be back in a bit for more!
Natalie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - I looked at the recipes as well, and noticed the same. I was really hoping there would be more new recipes but it seems that they are just repeats from the many cookbooks. Oh well, I like the new exercise plan.

Cat- That chicken salad sounds awesome. I'm definitely craving something like that.

Nessa - Hope DH feels better. With that much medicine, he won't be up for awhile!

Cyndi - Morning! Have a good day.

Nat's Mom - Woooohoo! You gotta love it when the baby sleeps!
Ah, pedicures. I remember those days.

Again, not much going on today. Woke up early when a passing loud truck woke up DS. Going to get breakfast started in a little bit. Probably just something easy like scrambled eggs or something. I also have to write a test for DH's class.

It's a very nice day, and I would like to get to the park later.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-01-2008 at 09:07 AM.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies! It is supposed to be a great day with a high of 75! Good night for grilling out and I just happen to have salmon!

Cottage I may just have to give this WATP a try!

Cat Chicken salad sounds great!

Ruth We were talking this morning that we really need to get our garden going this weekend. I always plant too much!

Nessa I feel for you with hubbies pain! Also congrats on 2 years on SB, I am approaching my one year myself this month.

Cyndi, Fluffy, Natalies Mom and Zeff hope you chicks have a great day.

Me Life as usual but I have to share a NSV with you all. For the last 3 weeks we have had these construction guys working on our block putting in new lights and crosswalks. Well apparently they find me a tad bit attractive because everyone in the office laughs when I go outside because these guys stop what they are doing and start to nudge each other! I maybe pushing 40 but it sure is nice to be the center of attention. Of course I am in a small town and there isn't much to look at! Am I wrong to enjoy the attention?

Alright enough patting myself on the back, you chicks all have a great day!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 05-01-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

It's a special day today! It's cold here, but at least it's sunny, and we have tons of beautiful flowers to enjoy! I just realized that the huge hedge outside my window at work is lilacs! Can't wait for them to bloom...

I hope you're all enjoying a beautiful day and glorying in the beginning of spring! Have any of you ever done a maypole dance? I've always wanted to but never had the chance.

Wow, Cottage, you oughta join us on the reading thread more often! You're a fast reader! I got my book yesterday too, but I'm immersed in the Beck book and Eat, Pray, Love right now, so I haven't looked at it, though I'm dying to. I combine the order with a couple of books I couldn't find for cheaper used--Julia Cameron's The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size and The Food and Feelings Workbook: A Full Course Meal on Emotional Health Looks like I'll be spending my summer trying to get my "head and heart" to diet! There are so many SBD cookbooks now that I would be surprised if the recipes were new. You never know, though... Did they look like they included less expensive ingredients? I know that was one of the complaints for the first book--that the recipes called for very expensive ingredients.

Cat, your house looks so gorgeous, I can't imagine anyone would notice any disarray! DH made a very delicious salad, like the one you described, the other day. I can't remember where I got the recipe, but it originally had pineapple and mandarin oranges in it. We just used chopped fresh orange and mango in place of those. Other ingredients were halved grapes (green and red), celery, water chestnuts (crunchy!), and toasted almonds. The dressing was made with some mayo and some non-fat plain yogurt. We let it sit overnight and it was so yummy! I ate mine over a bed of cabbage for extra crunch and veg.

Oh, Ruth, I'm so glad you celebrated May Day when you were a girl! I've always heard of that custom and thought it was just lovely! If we ever have kids, I think we'll bring back the tradition! Enjoy your flowers. I love what you said about your "green soul"--the same thing happens to me!

Nessa, you are such a good wife! Poor DH...has he had surgery for the gall bladder problems? Does it relate to things he eats? Is there some kind of med he can take for it? Sounds awful! on the loss! YGG!!!

Cyndi, drive safely! I listen to books on CD when I drive--and even when I'm just tooling around town. It actually makes me excited to get in the car!

Cottage, what a lovely tradition to carry on with the girls!!! How do you weave the baskets? I'm dying to know! As for the chicken, the last two weeks, I've been marinating a couple pounds of cleaned chicken breasts each Sunday and then grilling the whole batch. Then I have a bunch of cooked chicken in the fridge to do a variety of things with during the week. This week I used an Orange Cranberry Vinaigrette made by Organicville for a marinade. Have you found these dressings and sauces yet? They are amazing and sweetened with agave nectar!!! I'm so excited to find them! Sounds like you made a great start to your day! Also sounds like it's time to invest in some of those very althletic-looking weight lifting gloves, girl!

Run, Fluffy, run!!! Good for you, girl!

Stephanie, you hot thing, you! DEFINITELY enjoy the attention, girl! It's a result of all your hard work!

to everyone who comes while I'm typing...hope you have a great day!

Me:
I'm thrilled it's Thursday and am already looking forward to a delicious "lie-in" tomorrow morning! I think part of the thrill is being about 99% sure that I'll have the summer off from work! DH and I have lots of travel plans and I'm excited to enjoy seeing family and friends again.

DH and I are going to a wedding in a couple weeks and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. I really don't want to buy anything new. I think I might wear the dress I wore to a friend's wedding last fall--it's brown, which isn't really seasonal, but at least it looks okay. I'll have to get a sweater to go with it, though...all the cardigans I have aren't the right colors to go with.

Off to the gym after work and then off to do the errands I forgot to run after the gym yesterday. Sometimes I think I'd lose my head if it weren't attached... Anyways, I hope everyone has a

Last edited by beachgal; 05-01-2008 at 09:46 AM.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,
Happy May Day!! It has been awhile but yes, I'm still alive. I hope everyone is doing well. The move is over and we are in Germany. Baumholder to be exact. They finally pinpointed DH's orders. Unfortunately, they didn't pinpoint us until we got to Frankfurt. Baumholder is a beautiful area with screwy weather. One minute it is bright and sunny the next it's freezing cold and lightly snowing. Go figure. I don't know if I've gained or lost weight but I do know I've been totally off-plan. My clothes are still fitting comfortably so I have my hopes up. We are finally starting to feel settled here in Germany, of course that's until we move into our home. We are sharing an internet connection with the entire hotel. It's really hard to get online.
Laurie- Belated thanks for the Christmas market info. They sound great. I hope the dollar makes a gain against the euro soon or I won't be able to shop at them.
Kara-My DH is going to be stationed at baumholder but also has to report to k-town about once a week. We are going to be living on the economy in a town called Altenglan which is between both bases. It's about 15min from Ramstein. I've been told the best commissary is at Ramstein so I'll probably be shopping there often. When are you and your family scheduled to come? or are you here already here? I wish that we could live on post. The utilities here are rising like crazy and the monthly stipend for it isn't rising at all. I really didn't think it was that big a deal until a Sargent Major told us that he moved on base because he couldn't afford the utilities. Yikes my DH is only an E6. That housing rule was in effect though so my DH's commander put a memo into housing saying that they needed him to live between both posts so that he can report to either duty station. It really sucks. Anyway hopefully this internet connection will allow me to check-in more often.
Have a great day ladies!
Pohai
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Why isn't this week over yet.

Boy has this been a tough and crazy week for me and I'm thinkin it's all TOM fault. I have been so down & depressed and just feeling weird. This morning I found myself stopped at a green light and running a red one - I mean big time running it. My hormones are crazy and my eating is junk for the most part which between the eating & the TOM no wonder the scale is up 4lbs.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote