Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #1  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Default Cramps = cravings

so im getting my per most likely 2morrow i got home from work and fell asleep i woke up feeling weak with lil cramps n cravings!! i love thai food and spicy food, also cuban food well i was wondering if anyone has recipes for thai food or cuban that isnt fattening cuban ya i know hahah what am i saying but like also fast food junk food that you crave like onion rings and fries n pizza let me know please
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

this isnt very exciting, but healthy and fast. I lived in thailand for six years and could give you a ton of nooodle and curry dishes that, while REASONABLY healthy, still pack a good number of calories, soooo...try a yummy stirfry. i make them all the time: little oil in the pan (or nonstick spray) add some protien, i.e. chicken, pork, tofu, or just veggies, sautee it w/ a little soy sauce, add all the veggies you want (I usually do broccoli, carrot strips, onions, sometimes peppers), sautee it adding more soy sauce and then sriracha sauce (it's a chili sauce, you can find it in most grocery stores, green cap) it's amazing. I put it on EVERYTHING. i love super spicy food. when the meat is cooked throw in some fresh garlic and cook it just until you can start to smell it (about a min or so). you can add anything else at the end like scallions and cilantro.

another good dish that i just threw together the other night is shredded cabbage, shredded onions, stirfried with some soy sauce, a few tspns of hoisin sauce (again, you can find it in any major grocery store) and the sriracha. I added chicken to it too, but it's good w/o it as well.

I'm curious to see if anyone posts cuban dishes. i love cuban food but have never made it!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/142/120

Height: 5'4"

Talking

I know what you mean about spicy food...I love thai food too but I cannot live without Indian food. I found these great Indian entree's by "Amy's". All her stuff is organic, healthy blah blah.. but it tastes great. I buy Amy's macaroni and cheese occasionally too, but I love here Indian entrees. I can cook my own mac and cheese and my own indian eats, but this way I have it all portioned out for me, calorie counted, fiber, fat, sugar, all the stats in front of me so its much easier to not get out of control with it!
I haven't seen anything Thai in Amy's stuff, but I have seen enchilada's and burritos by her, which I haven't tried. OKay, so enchilada's and burritos not Cuban, but I'm trying here...
ANyway I can find Amy's in most grocery store frozen foods section and its worthy trying out... so far I've liked everything I've bought from her... her indian stuff...her mac and cheese...her garden veg lasagna... ALL GREAT!
Good luck on your hunt for healthy ethnic eats!! and let me know if you come up with any others...
SugarHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM   #4  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCchick View Post
this isnt very exciting, but healthy and fast. I lived in thailand for six years and could give you a ton of nooodle and curry dishes that, while REASONABLY healthy, still pack a good number of calories, soooo...try a yummy stirfry. i make them all the time: little oil in the pan (or nonstick spray) add some protien, i.e. chicken, pork, tofu, or just veggies, sautee it w/ a little soy sauce, add all the veggies you want (I usually do broccoli, carrot strips, onions, sometimes peppers), sautee it adding more soy sauce and then sriracha sauce (it's a chili sauce, you can find it in most grocery stores, green cap) it's amazing. I put it on EVERYTHING. i love super spicy food. when the meat is cooked throw in some fresh garlic and cook it just until you can start to smell it (about a min or so). you can add anything else at the end like scallions and cilantro.

another good dish that i just threw together the other night is shredded cabbage, shredded onions, stirfried with some soy sauce, a few tspns of hoisin sauce (again, you can find it in any major grocery store) and the sriracha. I added chicken to it too, but it's good w/o it as well.

I'm curious to see if anyone posts cuban dishes. i love cuban food but have never made it!

this sounds very very yummy
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #5  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

You've probably already done this, but do a Google search for Thai recipes and whatever it is that you're specifically looking for (i.e. Healthy thai recipes, low calorie thai recipes, etc). I typed it in the search engine and a BUNCH of cool stuff came up. And as always, you're cooking it so you can always tweek it according to your plan. Hope this helps.

I feel you on the cravings. When I'm PMSing I want to eat everything in the house, including the 'fridge!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote