South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Humpday Chat

I'm using my coffee both to wake up and warm up! It's freezing both in the house and outside. We turned off the heat last week, thinking we wouldn't need it again this year.

Not much is on the schedule today. I have to stop at the grocery for a few groceries on the way home from Curves, and I have a load of whites in the washer. The girls have ballet/tap after school. SSDD.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Where the heck did April go?

We're cold here this morning at 34ºF but the sunrise is looking good and it's supposed to go to 50ºF later. Donny came and raked 3/4 of the dog yard yesterday - even cleared off the remaining perennial beds out there - and I may do a bit of gardening this afternoon when it warms up. Donna comes this morning to deep-clean the guest room so I'll be hanging out in the house with her giving directions about where to put some of the stuff I've stashed in there. Hersh and I do pet therapy at noon so I'll try for some sitting down and sewing time this morning too so I still have afternoon energy.

Hope your last day of April is a good one. I guess we can officially say it's spring! I think I'll change my avatar a day early to celebrate!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cold here too...in the low 40s (cold for here anyway). Yesterday it did warm up and today it's supposed to get to 80.

Cottage, have fun at the grocery store and at dance class.

Ruth, sounds like you have a busy day planned!

Nothing special happening here. MIL is still visiting and I plan on grilling tilapia this afternoon. Yesterday we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant that has a great patio outside under a big oak tree. We sat out there and ate and had a margarita. I had a grilled Mahi Mahi salad that was great. But then I needed a nap when I got home. I'm not a nap taker and it made me groggy, then I couldn't go to sleep last night and am dragging rear this morning. I didn't make dog food last night like I should have and am having to smell boiling chicken livers this morning. gross.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-30-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the reminder, Cat. I used the last of my good dog food this morning and need to make another batch. I know what you mean about liver! Quit showing me those pictures of LA and NO! I intend to get there one of these days but want to go now when I see your pics.

Gotta jet!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #5  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Cottage....have fun at the grocery...can I give you my list as well!?!? haha...

Ruth...I agree...where did April go to!? It's funny that you say it's going to get "warm" at 50...and we're in the 40's this morning and it's cold to us!!

Cat....you have to be talking about Caretta's!! I was almost there last night, but ended up having some friends here instead....was much easier for me to resist the chips and salsa...but I know Cinco de Mayo is coming up and there's no backing out then!!! Was just watching the news and saw the weather forecast for the weekend....bye bye jazzfest!! Stinks that both weekends have had bad weather!

I had the best of intentions of getting on the elliptical this morning, but that isn't happening. I did a different program on it yesterday and this morning I"m realllllllly feeling it....so I just did a few crunches and lunges and am calling it done for the morning!! Now it's off for my hour drive to work...which isn't bad because it's a country road most of the way....actually kinda pretty!

Have a good one!
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. I'm feeling down and out. I'm running out of stamina to keep it together and I don't know how I'm going to make it through these next couple weeks. This morning I realized that when Tom gets back from his class, we only have three days until we leave for Germany. So, not only are we going to have to get readjusted to having him back in the family dynamic, but we are going to be in major stress mode getting everything packed and THEN we're going to have to fly over to Europe to a base neither of us has ever been to and THEN we're going to have to be rational enough with each other to look for a house and decide whether we can actually afford to buy one, if we even find one, or rent, which we really don't want to do and THEN we're going to have to unpack all our junk that we haven't seen in a year and a half. So I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I just want to go hide under the bed.

So if somebody could please pray for us, that would be really super.

Thanks, gals.

Kara
Old 04-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy spring... it's cold and sunny today... it's spring.

offical weigh in 219.4 down .4 for the week.
thanks for all the compliments
I got the new SBD Supercharged book... reading it. other than adding exercise and adding references to studies that back up this WOE, nothing much has changed....

Kara does it really pay to buy a house? don't you move every few years???

hey Mandyleigh... have a great day I can't wait tomorrow is May 1 and i can go back to the gym!

morning to Cottage and Cat!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, sipping my coffee and bracing myself for another crazy day. Tomorrow I'll have to be out of here at the crack of dawn to get to Norfolk for an afternoon meeting, then turn around and come back home that evening. I am looking forward to next Wednesday when most of the craziness will subside for a bit and I just plan to veg. At least I will try to get a couple of loads of laundry hung outside today so that I'm not behind on that when the weekend rolls around.

Nessa, I am glad he's putting some science into the new book. The bad reviews I've read about the old SBD book cite lack of supporting evidence for his claims, and the inconsistencies and typos that I noticed myself that have always bugged me. I hope that all gets cleaned up in the new book. I really believe this is a great plan that works, and it bugs me when I hear people trash it when they don't understand it or haven't actually given it a chance. I was reading a post the other day in another section of the forum by a chick who had tried SB and decided she hated it and it didn't work for her. She was only on it for a few weeks and she posted her menu for that day, which included Lean pockets, Lean cuisine, crackers, 2 pieces of toast, and a Sunny D. Anyway I always have to remind myself I don't own SBD brand stock and it isn't my job to defend Dr.A, I just wish people would give it a chance before they decide it's a bad plan. And I know it's true that different plans work for different people. Wow, did that turn into a rant? That post really bugged me.

Hang in there Kara. Sometimes you just have to let go and ride the wave until you get to the beach. You guys will be settled soon. Can't offer any prayers but I'll be sending you all the positive energy I can gather! Some day you will look back and remember the crazy times fondly...

Okay, gotta go walk the kiddies and get to work. I'll try and pop back in later.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-30-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone.

I got out for my jog this morning - yesterday I took a day off because too many joints were aching. It was 23* when I left! Brrrrrrrrr. My eyes were tearing, but the rest of me got warm enough very quickly!

Got a good report at the doctor's yesterday. My weight has fluctuated so much, there wasn't much significant difference, but my lean muscle mass went up 6 pounds, and my BMR went up as well. All well and good, but I'm not eating as much because my appetite went down now that I'm exercising. I'm one of those people majorly affected by hormones, so when I exercise, things stabilize quite nicely that way.

I notice less jiggle in my wiggle lately, and even tried on some new clothes yesterday and was encouraged. If I could only lose some in my chest, I would be quite happy. I have to get and XL to go over my endowment, and the rest of me is only a M or L. By the time I get over my boobs, I look like I"m wearing a sack. Well, that's how I've always been,e ven when thin, so I doubt it's gonna change. If breast reductions were covered by my insurance, I would certainly get one! (now that I"m done feeding my babies, that is!)

Well, talk to y'all later!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Chicks, not alot of time this morning as the boss is already making a list of todo's for the day! Thought I would sneak in real quick since I haven't posted in a few days but have read and kept up.

Kara to you, I have also thought you were a very strong and organized woman, I have every faith you will take on these next weeks with everything you've got!

Nessa Love the new do!

Gotta run, the world needs me (ok my little corner of the world needs me)!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Hope everyone is staying warm. I woke up this morning to a balmy 32' - it's supposed to warm up to the low to mid 50's, so I'll be carrying my coat out of work.

Well, I'm quite sore this morning. I got home late last night, got on the treadmill, and walked 10,000 steps. Just about 4 miles, in 1 hour and 18 minutes. I want to get it down under 1 hour, but it's going to take a while. My legs don't hurt, just my ankles. They are quite sore... nothing a little Advill can't fix though

COTTAGE - we don't 'heat' our house with a normal furnace. We have a wood burning furnace with a blower. So we actually started a fire the last 2 nights. What happened to the summer weather we were having? I miss it!!!

CAT - Your dinner sounds yummy - have any left overs you want to ship up to me?

RUTH - Have a Great Day!!!

Mandyleigh - I feel your pain - literally! I hope it gets easier (for both of us!!! )

KARA - OMG!!! I'm so sorry Is there any way you can get out for a little while, have a massage - just so you have some "me time" so you can regroup and think?

NESSA - YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Schmoodle - Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Fluffy - Congratulations on stabilizing everything. You've got to feel so much better for it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #12  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Cottage - here's to a warmer morning. Have a great day!

Ruth - Cleaning lady? Lucky. Have fun in the garden!

Cat - that salad sounds delish! You make your own dog food? Now that is dedication

Mandy - Carettas is awesome. Hubs and I try to get there every time we're in the area.

Kara - what a rough time. You will be in my thoughts. Keep it together, girl!

Nessa - great job!

Schmoodle - I read that same post. It bugged me also. I wanted to step in and say something, but I figured it was better for me not to. All we can ask for is that each of it gives this diet the best shot we can. I agree that it works, but sometimes the structure of the diet doesn't work for people. Usually the case is that they aren't ready to lose weight or diet, though. Have a great day!

Fluffy - oh, how I wish I had your problem You might be better off buying the bigger size and then having it taken in to fit the rest of your body. Maybe not with everything as that could get quite expensive, but with the pricier pieces in your wardrobe. Show off that body, girl!

TDI - I had a good time talking last night as well. We'll have to do it again. It seems like we're the only late night beachers here

Not much on the plan for today. SSDD. I have a few things that I want to tackle today, and I want to get to the park with DS. I think DH might be golfing this afternoon.

I better get going on breakfast. Hubs wants omelettes and he has to leave by 9:30.

Mare - we simulposted. Just about 4 miles? Wow. I thought it would be more than that. I think it's time to dig out my pedometer and strap that puppy on.

Last edited by zeffryn; 04-30-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks. It is cold and damp here and I am feeling crappy. Swollen glands and it hurts to swallow, my nose is stuffy and I have a terrible cough. My day is quiet and the little boys are playing cars nicely so I may curl up with a blanket and read while they are playing at my feet. Hope you all have a great day. Take care and I will pop in later if I feel any better.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies!!!!
It's good to be back from my conference!

Cottage - Have a great day w/ all that you're doing. Have fun at your daughter's dance class.

Ruth - Enjoy your time with Hersey today. I'm sure that it's got to be rewarding for both you and your pup.

Cat - Sorry to hear that you're slow moving this morning. I hope things pick up for you.

Mandy - Good job already planning for Cinco de Mayo. Good thought process. Have a great day!

Kara - Hang in there!!!! Sending out a prayer for you and your family. I know it all seems like so much, but just like everything else in life, you have to take one day at a time and trust that God will direct your steps. Sending peace your way!

Nessa - LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!! You look great! Keep it up!

Schmoodle - You keep on cheering on Dr. A. The program works for us around here, so let the nay-sayers be. We know it's good!

Fluffy - We've got to remember that it's not all about the scale. Thanks for reminding me.

Stephanie - Your little corner of the world is just as important as the whole world........Way to be there for it!

Mare - Good job on the treadmill. I don't think I've ever stayed on one for that long. Keep up the good work!

ME - So I'm back from my conference, and I've got to say that it was really a waste of time. Don't you hate it when you go somewhere that you have to, thinking you're going to get some good info, and really they rehash the same thing you heard last year. Not fun! I did my best to stay OP, but unfortunately at times it was impossible. Breakfast the first day was continental. Dry muffins, danishes, and fruit that was not ripe. I had 1/2 a bran muffin and some blueberries and strawberries. Lunch was better, but for dinner w/ went to a teppan grill and I had some fried rice. Overall, if I wasn't on SB I'd feel like I had done pretty well, but I hate that I had processed flour and white rice. Oh......and I also indulged in some beer and wine. But I got home last night, cooked a fantastic dinner, and prep'd my lunch for today. It already feels good to know that I've planned for today and it's TOTALLY OP!!!!
Also, just wanted to share, for those that read on Saturday, the car was fine. We just needed to replace an O ring. It ended up costing less the fix the problem than it did to fill up again. Gas Prices SUCK!!!!!!!
Have a great hump day!
ENJOY!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #15  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Zeff & Lc - You posted while I was posting......
Zeff - Enjoy your omelet....hope you get to enjoy the park!
Lc - Feel better!!!!
Closed Thread