Old 04-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Default At home program on or on your own..

I'm going to be restarting on my own. I joined a gym as it was a cheaper option than WW meetings. I have the materials from when I joined in WW a while back so I want to start journaling points again so I can get this weight moving OFF again. I have managed to maintain almost everything I lost by working out from time to time at the gym but I need to step that up to a more consistant pattern and hopefully up the trips to 5-6 instead of 3-5 as goal and ended up with only 2 some weeks.

I really need a good support group to keep my motivated and most important accountable for keeping my journal. I want to lose another 15-20 lbs by my daughters birthday in the end of July. I think that is a doable weight loss, right? I of course have a lot more to go after that for a 130 lb loss I need right now.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 04-26-2008 at 03:15 PM.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/149/139

I am with you, I need someone I can be accountable with. I will do good for the first week or two but then I need the support. I just ordered all new Material because I had no idea how to be on WW.

I want to fit into my favorite pair of jeans by a Wedding on May 16th and then be in shape to run/walk in a 5 K Fundraiser for my Nephew on May 31st in California.

Julie
Colorado998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #3  
Kristi

S/C/G: 171/166/140

I'm doing this at home on my own also. I have materials also from when I had joined WW before but can't see paying for something I already know. I agree that being here is great for a support group and motivation.

Good luck!
pooky1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #4  

Good luck to you both. I started up Monday and had 10 pts left at end of day. I wasn't hungry anymore that night so I didn't eat anything else after dinner either. Today doing alright though I skipped breakfast(had a Mt. Dew and a small(1oz) portion of my daughters giant lollipop though) I wasn't hungry of course now its 12:47 and I'm so hungry. I got lunch started. Dreaded mac and cheese but I'm broke and have to do with what we got in stock. I'll have to go grocery shopping when I can for foods to help on this plan.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #5  

I have been really hungry today, I only have 11 pts left for the day
Will I learn not to be so hungry?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

There is SO much you can do with 11 points! check out the zero and 1 point thread for ideas. you can have a wrap, with laughing cow cheese, turkey or ham, and some lettuce, cucumbers, tomato (whatever veggies you like) for 3 points.

1 cup of brown rice with a chicken stirfry (4oz chicken, broccoli, whatever veggies you like, soy sauce and hot sauce) for 8 points.

some bags of microwave popcorn are only 1 point. Good luck!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #7  

I will have to check out that thread. I think half the battle is having the right foods in the house.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 PM   #8  

0 pt veggies and lots of them. I find that a big salad is very filling.

And yes I agree about having the right foods in the house. You can't be tempted by stuff its its not there. And the whole shop the outer edges of the grocery store is the same.

And those 1 pt popcorns are great for snacking on in evening when you do still feel hungry.

We went out for all you can eat pizza. UGH! But at least I have those flex points if I went over. I have to calculate them yet. So this motivates me to get that done even though I don't plan on eating anything because I'm still full from that big dinner.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 04-29-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #9  

I'm also doing it at home on my own. I know a lot of us doing it this way could use some additional support. Any ideas re: how we can do this or perhaps support one another? I'm open for any ideas.
belchi is offline   Reply With Quote