Old 04-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default I fell off

Ok, so with my brothers wedding slowly approaching I am getting more and more nervous about seeing everyone - finals are coming up - and my anxiety has been awful.

The last 4 days I have been off my life-style. I haven't been as bad as I use to - but it hasn't been great.

I am missing my mom horribly because I know she would have loved to be here for the wedding - I am nervous because I am know I am the biggest girl in my family - I am nervous because my fiance is English and this is the first time he has met the WHOLE family and because of his thick accent no one will understand him and they will ask stupid questions like "Do you know Prince William?"

I know if just need to take a deep breath and realize it's only one day outta of my whole week and it's going to be a good time..but it sucks I am still grieving about my mom. I am really going to miss her this weekend and it's almost killing me inside - I just can't imagine how my brother must feel. And I am drowning all my sorrows in food and I feel greasy and bloated.

I need to get back on my plan - I have wonderful wholesome food in the house and a family that loves me and stuffing myself is only going to make me feel even crappier.

I know I have gained some weight back - probably a lot of water weight so I just need to get back on the horse and not be too hard on myself.

Any suggestions about getting water weight and bloat off by friday?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #2  
Taking Care of Me

S/C/G: 252/221/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now.
For the fluid retention, stay away from sodium and drink LOTS of water.
I do hope you have a good time at the wedding.
chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

drink 90 oz of water one day 120 oz the next and then 90 oz. on the 3rd day. that will purge it. and go exercise cardio everyday till then. lean protein and veggies no carbs and i promise itll come off by friday
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

good luck with your wedding i hope all goes well with that.
One quick question how do you all get those weight trackers on your post??
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #5  
Reformed Quitter

S/C/G: 302/267/155

Height: 5' 8"

Just remember that you are already someone else's goal weight and you are the most beautiful YOU there is!

I understand missing your mom... but your job now that she's gone is to ENJOY each day and this time around the wedding FOR HER because she can't!

Enjoy your brother's wedding and enjoy your boyfriend and the reactions to his accent. Honestly, most people will envy you the Hugh Grant type boyfriend and the comments and questions may just be their way of covering for their jealousy!

Don't be so hard on yourself and just enjoy. Life is too short so enjoy every day - the slips and the victories!
CABunnyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #6  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time. Just remember that your family loves YOU and that you are working hard to change your bad habits and form a healthy lifestyle. You are doing it for yourself and your family will be proud of you. I'm sure that your mom would also be very proud of you. She wouldn't want you to be sad.

Also, people will probably be jealous of you because you have a cool English fiance.

Just try to think of how good it feels to do something for yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and say, "I am doing this for me."
Gracenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

I have a Dutch husband, so I understand
I'm so sorry you're having a rough time right now I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a mother... I imagine that is SO hard on you.

Try not to beat yourself up about the past week. It's ok- I promise. I'm sure the majority of us, if not all, have had 'fall off' moments. I had a few days last week, myself! What's important, THE most important, is not falling off for good. Dust your wagon off, and hop back on it We're all here for you!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #8  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika79 View Post

Try not to beat yourself up about the past week. It's ok- I promise. I'm sure the majority of us, if not all, have had 'fall off' moments. I had a few days last week, myself! What's important, THE most important, is not falling off for good. Dust your wagon off, and hop back on it We're all here for you!
I SECOND that!
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

I wish I could say something magical to help you feel better. I cannot imagine how difficult missing your mom will be

You're the biggest girl. So what, hun? So what? You're going to look stunning in that outfit that you've chosen.

You know your family best, but I'm sure that not every single one of them will ask if he knows the hottest prince in all history of the world... *sigh* I mean...>_> Ahem. They may find it difficult to understand everything he says, but I could say the same about people from this country. (For the life of me... as much as I love cajun accents... can't understand a word.) I think for the most part people are patient and interested in people from other places. Brace your man beforehand. Just let him know that your family finds it "funny" to do <insert thing here>. You apologize in advance!

Now the food. You know what you have to do. Get the junk out of the house. Pick up something easy & healthy (an apple!) & enjoy it.

We've ALL been there. I was there recently! My wagon is very beaten up. But it's still moving forward.

As for getting the bloat off. Drink enough water during the day. Get back to your food plan. And exercise. Go for a walk. It helps relieve stress, too!

And ya know what? More !

We are HERE for you!

Last edited by Lovely; 04-29-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #10  
I will do this.

Thank you all so much for the support. It was just so hard going shoe shopping without, it's going to be hard getting my toes and hair done without her too.

I know she wouldn't want me to destroy the great steps I have made - but I also cannot be too hard on myself either. This week is going to me an emotional test for me and I am going to give it my all.

I picked up my water bottle again today and I am planning on walking with the boy to get his hair cut just to get outta the house and air in my lungs again. And after my greasy breakfast after my night of drinking (happy hour for a friends birthday that lasted a tad too long) I came home and shared how I was feeling with you then defrosted some chicken for a healthy dinner.

Other times when I have attempted to lose weight I always failed because I had a bad day and always reached for food because it never asked questions - just comforted. I know now that I have a fantastic support group here on 3FC and have a wonderful opportunity to share my feelings with people instead of a cheeseburger.

This site is so wonderful and all of you are such beautiful people. I cannot express just being able to share my feelings - the good and the bad - has been such a great opportunity. Just being able to share what is in my heart with such wonderful women (and men!) and getting heart felt responses in return has been such a blessing for me. Thank you.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #11  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Seriously...does he know Prince William j/k

Like everyone else said....pick up the water and chug...if you get sick of plain water, I opt for Aquafina Flavor Splash water ( love the grape - yum!) to give me a change between plain water. Keep your diet low sodium for the rest of the week....

Oh...and on the beauty front...you already showed us those kick butt shoes and purse....the poor bride is going to have trouble once you walk in the room Keep your chin up and keep checking back...stop stressing out!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I got off the wagon and I haven't been here for awhile and I noticed my current weight back in February, and I gained like 16 lbs since then! UGH. I know how you feel. It's coming off slowly but it's just one day at a time. good luck.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:44 AM   #13  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Excercise... It makes you feel great and it's a posative way to lose weight rather than just hoping you might eat less over the next few months.

You'll feel better soon hun and it will come off

P.S We find those prince william questions more funny than embaressing!

Last edited by Spoz; 04-30-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #14  
I will do this.

We? Where are you from? Chris from Leigh kinda by Manchester
Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
We?
She probably meant "we" like the royal "we". Pun intended. All the British
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote