South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default 15 pound mark

I am so thrilled...it has taken over two months (that's probably realistic) but I am down 15+ pounds

South Beach is just a totally live-able way to ...well, live

it's a dreary raining cold day but inside I'm
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, Vermontmom! You are almost there!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

AWESOME... congrats to you!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #4  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Keep up the great work!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'-4 1/4"

Cool I'm a mom in Central VT too!

Hi Vermont Mom,

I live in central VT too! I'm just starting to look into SB again after a couple of years of trying other things (that didn't work). I've had a few doctors recommend SB to me because of my blood sugar issues (I think I'm pre-diabetic).

I'm planning to go to good old Price Chopper tomorrow to load up on some foods. Any tips on places you shop or foods you can't live without? No Trader Joes or Whole Foods around here.
Gymrat128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oops, posting again from work

The bigger Shaws and Hannafords seem to have good selections. Of course farmer's markets are coming too! I can actually get fresh local greens at our Co-op now.

from a fellow Vermonter

PS - Congrats VermontMom!!

Last edited by CyndiM; 04-29-2008 at 01:35 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Congrats, Vermont Mom!! Awesome job!
mary83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Congrats on your weight loss. That is great. And you are almost at goal. Keep up the good work.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Congrats vermontmom!! That's awesome!! I like your picture too, its cute, I can tell that you're proud of your body!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #10  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you! Yeah you!

(I said that 15 times!)
noleschick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Thank you all so much!

Gymrat - hello! I'm about 25 miles north of Montpelier (we had snow today!! but it didn't stick)

I'm not sure if what I'm doing would work for everyone..but here it is. For breakfast, I heat a big skillet with about 1 tablespoon good olive oil and let it heat. I then get some Brokkly Wokly (it's packaged fresh broccoli, in little pieces) and measure out about 2 cups, cut it up a little, blanch it, drain, and put in skillet. I then add chopped onion, about half a large red pepper, chopped, about 1/3 package of Cole Slaw mix from the bag (not the kind with dressing; just shredded cabbage/little carrot shred) and a handful of fresh spinach, chopped.

When that stuff has a nice brown, and alot of the moisture is evaporated, I pour in about 1 1/2 cups of Eggbeaters-type product (I buy the Hannaford brand, it's a quart for about $3.50) and stir that about. If I have some leftover chicken breast from the night before, that goes in also. If I don't have some protein hanging around, I'll add some cheese.

The eggbeaters cook pretty quickly, and I just stir it around a bit. I take half out for my breakfast and save the rest to take to work. To me, it tastes just like egg foo yong (sp?) one of my faves.

People at work make fun of me for eating the same thing every day. It doesn't bother me, it tastes great, and is alot of filling food.

For afternoon snack, I bring the 4 cup container of non-fat plain yogurt to work, and take out a cup, and add some Splenda to make it edible

For dinner, I'll have whatever my husband cooked (usually chicken breasts) with green salad, and some cooked south-beach approved veggies.

for evening snack, I have had the Ricotta dessert, or a lowfat cheese snack. I try to have tea in the evening, as it doesn't seem to make me want a snack to go with it the way coffee does.

I have weaned myself from my absolute daily addiction to bread, sugars at every meal. I still want them...but I see how the weight is coming off when I stay away from them.

However...last weekend I strayed, and had a couple 'regular' meals. Even a beer. And even a dessert with ice cream. It was with real worry that I stepped on the scale this morning, and freaked happily when I saw that 159. I last weighed on Friday, and was 161.

Sometimes I will have a can of tuna, mixed with 1 tablespoon mayo (lowfat or sometimes whole) and veggies for lunch. Or for dinner. I love tuna. Husband had baked chicken breasts last night with a little bbq sauce; I thought it tasted heavenly.

I had a friend say that she thought I was limiting myself to too few foods. I said, I'm having more veggies than I ever have had in my life. And everything, except for the yogurt and Eggbeaters, are whole foods. If I am feeling good, have energy and will and desire to exercise every day, I am doing OK nutrition wise, aren't I?

For exercise, I have stepped it up. Most days I do at least half an hour on the elliptical, breathing hard and sweaty the whole time, and then do an exercise tape, that is hand-held weights/strength.

Sorry this was so long!!

ladybugnessa
- love the new avatar!

tdiprincess - I want to get my waist and those hips back, that was 2 years ago; I lost them while I was heavier and I think I can rope them in when I'm 150.

cyndiM - I look at your exercise log every day, it is truly admirable!! and your total loss is to be envied! Is your exercise regimen how you stay at your low weight?

thank you all again for your support and congratulations

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-29-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #12  
Biker Chick!

noleschick - that was cute

Forgot to say, that when I first started, I took Dr. Agatston's book to bed to read, every night. EVERY night. Then I'd bring it downstairs the next day. Just to read, and re-read. It became my bible. I wanted to totally absorb what he was saying, and understand it. Then that helped me throughout the day, to imagine what was happening in my body and my blood.

And it made me start to get mad at how foods have changed, to make them more palatable and irresistible (high fructose corn syrup, sodium, etc.) Especially bakery type products. And it's a conflict of interest to me because from May to October, I'm a pastry chef at a private club
Old 04-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'-4 1/4"

VermontMom,

I'm about 10 miles northeast of Montpelier.

Thanks for all of the info. I have to reread it and make a plan. I didn't go shopping today because of the rain (no snow). I like the idea of having one breakfast and the same snacks most of the time. I think I've gotten into trouble by eating so many different foods, too often, too much.

Keep posting and let us know how you do!
Gymrat128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #14  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay for you -- that is wonderful news!!
Natalie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/Tick/185

Height: 5' 8"

WTG!!!! KEEP it up!
movielover is offline   Reply With Quote