Old 04-28-2008, 11:29 PM   #1  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Default Fiber One Crunchy Fudge Cookies - yum!

I tried out a yummy new recipe tonight...I got it from Fiber One but tweaked it to bring it down in calories/fat....I used of course, No Pudge Fat Free brownie mix...the original recipe states it makes 42 cookies, I could only get 32 cookies out of it....the original recipe also was 70 calories and 1 fat gram, mine is 58 calories (at 32 cookies) and less than 1 fat gram.....now since making the exact number of cookies that a recipe calls for...I'll provide you the overall stats (if you follow mine directly) and then you just divide that by the number of cookies that you get out of the receipe.....
Calories: 1,844
Fat: 26.5
Sodium: 1,785
Fiber: 69
Protein: 39

This equated for my 32 cookies to:
Calories: 58
Fat: less than 1 gram
Sodium: 56 mg.
Fiber: 2.1 grams
Protein: 1.2 grams

Not bad for a tasty cookie...and they aren't too sweet, which is nice

Fiber One Crunchy Fudge Cookies
1 box No Pudge Fat Free Brownie Mix
2 cups Fiber OneŽ original bran cereal
2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup water (if using no pudge brownie mix, i found that I had to use almost 1/2 cup water to get the right consistency)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients with spoon. Onto cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container. Freeze up to 2 months if desired.

I hope you ladies enjoy - I think 2.1 grams of fiber for a 58 calorie cookie is great...and I don't feel bad eating 3 of them!!! Yum, enjoy!
~Amanda
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 AM   #2  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

I'll definitely have to try this one since it combines two of my favorite things (fudge and fiber one -- even though they are on opposite ends of the food spectrum). Thanks for sharing!
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote