Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 12:52 AM   #1  

Default The 5% Club - Four Years of Fitness

So the 18th will be the fourth anniversary of the first Post "The Last 10 lbs Struggle" - oh it would be great to hear from kmh wouldn't it? But all the times with all the great people here have been great, helpful, inspiring. All are welcome - might YOU be 5%??? They sometimes say only 5% of people who lose weight, etc., manage to make those changes permanent. Instead of lamenting such slender odds, we choose to see the possibilities - there are breathing individuals who comprise that 5%. SOMEONE has to be the person on the block who gets it figured out, and keeps it that way. So that is what this group is all about.

I'm not always perfect and I've got about an 8-pound sliding scale to me, but I've come to realize that that is part of a normal life with cycles and changes - and I am thrilled to say that I am truly 5%. This group looked like we were going to quit posting and persevere on our own - but phoenix-like we rose again. It is just a great group of friends who keep at the fitness game and share what we learn - we come to get inspired and to be inspired.

Personally I am always aware of that June 18 anniversary. Don't ask me why. This year it has been my goal to get down to where I was that first wonderful summer, poundswise, and to be the best ever. I am delighted to say, YAH BABY. I am probably 3 or 4 lbs heavier than my very lowest. But if you saw my arms and abs, the muscle definition I have now that I didn't have then, I think you wouldn't begrudge me those pounds. I am wearing tank tops all the time now - I never wore sleeveless tops even in high school or college! And I've always got a new goal before me - I'm convinced that that is a big part of being 5% - always looking for the discovery of something, a new routine, a new great-tasting food, an insight, a breakthrough, a chance.

I don't mean to sound like I am bragging or anything. I am proud of being a 43 year old who has had 2 kids and who comes from a generally overweight tendency to be able to accomplish this - as much my mindset as my physical being. I love to see the accomplishments of others, and this forum has given me plenty of that. I hope that you all - Steph, Catherine, Justy, absmom (the current regulars) will chime in with where they are at at this point in time. It has been a privelege and pleasure to share the fitness journey with each and every one of you (and the 5%ers emeritus).

If you would like to join us, you can be anywhere on the path. Jump in for support, we're here.

More immediately - I'll be covering for another transcriptionist starting Tuesday, until Thursday of the following week, so I imagine my schedule will get messed up a bit. I have some fitness videos to fall back on if I miss my bodypump classes. I tried another class that I had heard about at my club, called "Butt'N Up. The teachers uses many disciplines and likes to use a lot of the fitness gadgets (step as bench, dumbells, rubber band, soft weights, etc) and really has an intense class, an hour and 15 minutes that just flew by. So there is another class in the arsenal.

School is out and I am adjusting to the change in schedule - it means a bit more sleep for me which is great. So far my girls are most interested in taking it easy and hanging around - I'm fine with that for now. We are still planning to look at houses, though the whole process is daunting.

Must work my friends. Take on this day and make it great, and share what's new.

Juno
Old 06-10-2002, 09:41 PM   #2  

Spent the past two weekends shopping for the perfect outfit for the class reunion. I'm driving myself crazy. I finally realized that everyone else will probably be so worried about how THEY look that they won't care what I wear. What counts is that I'm happy and have a good life, right? (back me up here girls).

I'm eating a lot less these days and making myself do some sort of workout every day.

Four years ago when this thread started seems so long ago. Then I was an independent, give-em-**** kind of girl. I'm still the same, but with a DH, busy career and house that has never-ending projects.

In the next four years I want to be comfortable with "me" so I wouldn't even think twice about what to wear to a class reunion!

Swealtering heat up here in MI, but I am not complaining. We're actually getting a good mix of sun, rain, heat and cold.

I am glad to hear that you all are doing well and busy busy busy. Juno - Exciting to be selling the house, but so much work! Steph - your energy amazes me with all those kids around. Absmom - I hope you got yourself a babysitter! You deserve it!

That's all from me girls. Diva dust to you all and happy 5% to all of you on the 18th!

C
Old 06-14-2002, 09:02 AM   #3  

Where am I at right now???? In 6 hours I'll be on vacation!! Yeah! I guess that counts as a fitness step because my goal 4 years ago was to go somewhere and totally bench myself on the beach while wondering how awful I was looking in my swimsuit and getting my sun tanned to a crisp. Instead I will be hiking and hiking and seeing all kinds of beautiful sights while being covered in sunscreen..........

Juno - Hope your week isn't too hectic! Enjoy your summer with the girls (don't you love the hanging out vs. on the go??)

Catherine - Your attitude is right! You find something you feel good in...no one else will care (except to note how astonishing you are!)

Absmom - As a child care provider who is surrounded by kids all day my advice is GET A BABYSITTER AND ENJOY SOME QUIET TIME. I didn't do it when I first had the kids but 6 years later I realize that is one of the best ways to recharge myself. Go for it!

JS - I'm wishing you a wonderful week and I have this vision of the ex-BF sitting at home bawling his eyes out because he realizes he is stupid (maybe he is having a pity party with your ex-dh and they realize how DUMB they are). You deserve the best!

Okay I have to throw all the shower stuff in the bag. I'm off to enjoy time with my family, my sister & boyfriend, mom and dad plus 4 dogs trashing my mothers $$$ house. What else is family for? This is the first time we will all be together in one place - yeah!

Wishing you all a Happy Anniversary! I wouldn't be this happy without you all!

Love, Stephanie
Old 06-14-2002, 05:23 PM   #4  

Hi All -- Happy Friday and 5% Anniversary!!

It's been a tough week - Made it through the in-law visit relatively unscathed, but realizing that this was my only time with DH for another 2 week stretch was a little too much to bear. The hormones are raging girls! I did manage to get to the gym 3 times this week, which I credit for holding me together and today I got the best news of all, when a potential new employer for DH (just a mere 3/4 mile from the house) called to schedule an interview next Friday.... DH was ready to just come home and wait tables this week as well so we're both really excited. We've had a couple of disappointments so we're both trying to not bet too much on it, but its really tough... Good vibes this way please !

Juno - I can't tell you how much I look forward to being 40. You seem so together - like things in your life just click. Don't get me wrong, your schedule is crazy - but you always seem to make it work for you and your family... all while living so healthy... Your fitness is a gift to yourself, not because you need to impress anyone else or "package" yourself. Its all quite refreshing and I look forward to a time when I can finally get my body back and work towards a similar peace.

Steph - ENJOY your vacation --- You of all people need to rest and rev up for what I would view as endless days of organized chaos! Thanks for the advice and support regarding DD. I've actually found a few things that are working these days on the disipline front. Leaving places she wants to be seems to be the most effective. I also have to remember not to push her... She's still two and needs a nap (whether she wants it or not) Forcing her to lay down for an hour has improved her mood dramatically in the p.m. Of course she still has her moments, but at least this week I am happy with her progress/attitude... What will I do with 2??? 14 weeks til I find out (YIKES)...

Catherine - Find something that looks good and is comfortable and have a good time. I think you are right about what everyone else is thinking... though I have to say that at my reunion I forgot about all the dread/anxiety within minutes of locking eyes with old friends and had the best time! Enjoy!!

Well I am off to try and whip some dinner together for the DD without going back out to the store... Have wonderful weekends!!

Cheers!
Absmom!
Old 06-16-2002, 11:09 AM   #5  

Happy anniversary to us all! Can you believe that it's almost 4 years already!!

I've been thinking about that a lot in the last week. Thinking of where I was 4 years ago, everything that has happened in all of our lives and the amazing support this group has been through it all. We are a fabulous group of women!!!!

Juno, kudos on wearing tank tops lots. I love being able to wear them again - and being able to show off the muscle definition. What a great treat to yourself and proof of how well you're doing. How nice for your girls that school is out already. School here is in for another 2 weeks.

Steph, I hope you are having a great time on your vacation - you deserve it!

Catherine, I ditto absmom, find something comfortable and go and have fun at your reunion. I went to mine a couple years ago and was worried about the same thing. Most of us ended up being in jeans and had fun just being together again.

absmom, my fingers and toes are crossed that DH's interview goes well. Hang in there girlfriend, you're doing great.

One of the things I'm working on this weekend is planning my July holiday. I've actually booked 2 weeks off from work which I haven't done in I don't know how long. I will be going to my parents' for part of it because of my Dad's bday but mainly I want to spend the time roaming around the province and spending time doing what I want. So far I've booked some time at a mineral spa - including a full body massage! My poor desk here has paper and brochures spread out all over it right now as I'm deciding where I go next. Should be fun! It's my first vacation per se being single so it's a bit scary but pretty exciting knowing that I'm on my timetable and not doing what someone decides we should do. It's a good thing I still have holiday time to use because there's more to do than time will allow this time around!

I heard from the ex-BF this week. Would you believe he's already involved with someone else - and that he called so I would know that. I made the comment to him that this proves that his heart wasn't in our relationship. His response? "Well, you figured that out." Sheesh, makes me incredibly glad that he's out of my life!

It is hot and sunny here today so I'm off to my balcony. Have a great week everyone!!
Old 06-26-2002, 07:34 AM   #6  

Good morning all!

Well, the interview went well and DH got a verbal offer on Monday. We're anxiously waiting for the mail so that we can sift through all the details. The start date isn't until August, which makes me nervous about something catastrophic happening (office burns down, war, the usual), but I need to keep it together and just think about the positives: we get to go on vacation at the end of July, we get to collect this quarter's bonus and DH can finish a certification program that his company's already paid for... Six weeks...

I've been feeling pretty tired, but with spurts of energy that come out of nowhere... I have not been to the gym in a week though --- a first since I started back in Jan 2001--- and it distresses me a little... However, I have managed to do a lot of yardwork and we've been swimming and to the zoo so I haven't been sitting on my butt (too much). I have nearly 3 months to go and know that I can't start feeling like this now... What will August be like if I'm already starting to feel tired and winded?? Oh well, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and make sure that exercise stays a part of my life... Yoga Mama is on its way...

Looking forward to the 4th - DH will be home for the week, my sister's putting on a family party on the lake, and I'll have lots to do to keep my mind busy. I know the summer has kicked in -- my computer time has definately fallen off considerably and it looks to be the same for everyone else... BUT whereever you are and whatever you're doing keep thinking 5%.... I do everyday - it is my goal in life - weight, attitude, relationships, family...

By the way Juno - I am taking a PERSONAL DAY today --- My first in a VERY long time. From 11 to 3 I'll be getting a pedicure and going to buy some shoes for a wedding in July. I think I may even have time for a latte at Borders... I can't believe how giddy I am just thinking about it... Why haven't I done this sooner? Money well spent....

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
Absmom
Old 06-28-2002, 02:49 PM   #7  

I've worked all week but I'm still in a vacation mood (that's good, right?). I think this summer I did a good thing by taking plenty of vacation time (and some is unpaid) to just have a good time. So far it is the end of June and I have had fun and accomplished some big tasks. We have a new playground (a huge one) in our neighborhood thanks to the efforts of a few families. We got to spend extra money in equipment because we did the labor and put up a huge park. We have 4 slides (3 really tall ones!) and all the kids at the park are so happy. Very nice to be a part of! That was a big workout. 8a.m - 8p.m. in 97degree with 100% humidity. Great end to a vacation!

Todays week has gone smoothly and I can't believe it is Friday. I am sick of the outdoors so this weekend I am probably hiding from the sun & heat. DH wanted to stain the deck and I told him to forget it and the deck can rot before I stand out in this heat and work again. I'm going to watch videos, play a computer game, and enjoy inside activities with my kids. I'll go out for a bit but we have a million outdoor actitivies planned next week including the beach so that's all I need.

No personal notes this time but I think of you all often. I hiked tons in CO and a sad thing was our dog suffered a stroke on one 6 mile hike but has recovered quite a bit since we got back. Our kids hiked 6 mile hikes up in the 10,000 ft. elevation - I'm a proud mom. I heard very little whining about quitting so that was a good sign! We had a great vacation, enjoyed being together with more family and even enjoyed the 16 hour car ride there and back. I'm just in a good mood this summer

If I don't get on before the 4th - everyone have a great holiday! Happy Independence Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enjoy your freedom!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:52 AM   #8  

Hi Juno, long time no talk This is wyndyc from Saskatchewan, I used to belong to this group a couple of years ago. I have let myself go and am at an all time high but I am still an Avon Rep. Menopause has been a real pause in my life but I am over the hump and heading back to reality. (I hope) I'm sorry I don't recognize any of the other names. Congratulations on the 4th year. I am so happy to see that you have kept up your exercising and it sounds like you are really looking good girl
Old 07-05-2002, 01:35 AM   #9  

OMG!! Hey there Wyndy - wow great to hear from you. How is Salt? Is the laundry off the treadmill? LOL! Steph is still here and going strong, and others have come and gone. The group is great - though it isn't really an everyday thing to post anymore. I really think that it's because (a) life is really busy, but mostly because (b) the wheel has been invented and it is more part of our lives - speaking for myself anyway. The journey continues.

I have been doing great in food and exercise - except this week, with the holiday and my older D's birthday celebrating - I have hit the wall somewhat. I feel that a week 'off course' is fine as long as I get right back to it and don't let it go longer than a week. That is where I am at right now. Just got home from a July 4 barbecue (always with the same good friends), the parade was damp and the fireworks (we have 'em on July 3 in Juneau because it gets dark so late that they do them at midnight) were in a bit of fog, but it all was good. I do love this holiday.

Many hugs to you all - I'm on the fly and back to work - clinics open on Friday - so I must switch my brain to "work mode." DD#1's birthday is tomorrow, but her slumber party (and trip to rock-climbing place) will be Saturday. Busy day, but I love to celebrate and spoil my girls on their birthdays. I love the family stuff, I really do. Both Saturday and Sunday should offer moments enough to get a good workout in.

I am really going more and more with weights. Body Pump I love, and there is a workout at my club called "Butt'n'Up" that is an hour and 15 minutes - lots of different "toys" or workout tools and an overall light workout with lots of weight, much of it aerobic. The other day I used a videotape. Using tapes doesn't come too naturally for me, but I have 2-3 of them now and will try to get myself more in tune with using them - versatility ya know.

abs good work on the personal time. It is a good lesson, and one I must relearn again and again.

My next 'gift to myself' that I want to get is a Palm Pilot or other organizational device. As everyone knows, I'm organizationally challenged, and this seems like a sweet tool. Anyone have and use one? I'm not sure how it relates to fitness, but I'll bet there are applications for that available, too.

Well, happy Independence Day!

Juno
Old 07-07-2002, 12:09 PM   #10  

Hello everybody!

Wyndy welcome back! I know you won't recognize me but I was a lurker when you were here before. Good to see you again!

Steph, glad to hear you had a great vacation. 16 hour trip! Yikes. How's your dog doing now??

Juno, how did the bday party go? Palm Pilot's are wonderful things. I don't have one only because I still prefer my paper and pen daytimer but a couple of the guys I work with have them and frequently extoil their virtues.

absmom - fabulous news on the new job for DH!!!! Everything signed, sealed and confirmed?

I am officially on holidays now. I took 2 weeks off so don't go back to work until the 22nd. I have never taken 2 weeks off in a row before so this will be quite the experience for me. Thankfully I have a wonderful summer student in who is at least covering some of the basics for me otherwise I would be scared to leave the men alone for that long! So in the spirit of doing something special for myself, I have a night booked at a natural mineral spa - and a full body massage! (Wyndy, you'll know the spa I'm at - the one in Moose Jaw). Then I'm heading to my parents' for a couple days then slowly working my way back home. Right now the plans look like I'll be away from home for about 1 1/2 weeks which is long enough for me.

On the giggly side of my life, I started seeing someone this past week. Who knows what the end result will be but in the meantime we are having fun getting to know each other and just spending time together.

I suppose I should get off the computer and get busy. It's slowly sinking in that I probably really should pack today since I'm leaving in the morning. :-) Hope everyone has a great week!!!
Old 07-07-2002, 09:00 PM   #11  

Hello, women!

It's been a long, long time since I've checked in with you all and I barely recognize the board (I mean all the bells and whistles). In fact, if you're reading this, I've successfully posted, but as I'm writing it I'm not sure what's going to happen...

I am so glad you're all still here and plugging along. Hello to all the people who've joined on in the last two years, when I was last a regular poster. It's great to see everyone is happy and healthy. I still love that this board isn't about acheiving perfection but enjoying the journey and supporting one another along the way.

I'm here today because I read an article in the New York Times magazine about the myths of low-fat/hi-carb eating, a topic that's not new by any means, but looked at the politics behind it and explained why it's been supported by goverment health agencies for decades. Anyway, I've known for years that way of eating didn't work for me, and was practicing a balanced protein/fruit/veggie diet with a little brown rice now and then (oh, and a glass of wine here and there) and felt great. And I want to get back to it.

What's my problem? The same as everyone's these days: TIME. My career is still all-consuming. To catch you all up: you may remember I worked in tv commericals. Then I changed jobs and became a web producer at a large company (which was the worst year of my life). Then I went to work at my husband's little web design company. I think that's the last time I checked in here.

Last September biz was slow and dh took a job at another company. To his surprise, I decided I wanted to take over our little design shop and run it with my long-time design partner. Due to what I can only characterize as insanity and sheer will, we've made it and are becoming quite successful. Now our problem is that we have too much work and I'm in the midst of the exciting, yet daunting, challenge of growing the company.

The bummer part is that I have even less time now for healthy eating and exercise. Anxiety and other stress-related problems are getting to me, as are my now flabby muscles and an extra 8 pounds.

But I don't care. If I can rebuild a web company in these bad economic times I can exercise three times a week, right? And I can get to the grocery store once a week, right? I don't care about being the best athlete, and I've never cared about being super-thin, I just want to be healthy. Diet-related health problems are popping up all over my family tree and I want to avoid them.

So there it is. I don't have a grand plan yet. That's the goal for this week: come up with a realistic plan. For me, it means planning my whole life, but that's okay.

I'm so glad you're all still here because I really need you now!

love,
shorty

Last edited by Shorty; 07-07-2002 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:31 PM   #12  

Good evening everyone. Glad to hear that you're all doing well.

Absmom - I'm so proud of you for continuing to make it to the gym on a regular basis. Are you switching to yoga at the end of your pregnancy? Did you do that last time too? Congrats on DH's new job. A lot less travel stress. I hope that it works out great.

Steph - I'm so jealous that you got to spend that time hiking. DH and I hiked in Yosemite on our honeymoon and it was just spectacular. We had the awful temps and humidity here too. I'm all about warm weather, but goodness!

JS - I got giddy just hearing about your new relationship. It's so much fun, isn't it? Hope that you're having a fabulous vacation. I'm am sooo jealous about the full body massage! Good for you!

Juno - I hear that there is a program that you can buy for your Palm Pilot that relates to fitness. I enjoy my Palm and think that it is a worthwhile investment. Mine just burned out and I'm at a loss during my busy season. I would check out which applications that it has that suit your needs.

Shorty - I remember when you made that leap in to the web world. And YOU GO GIRL for taking the bull by the horns and making it sucessful. Keep communicating with us. Glad to hear from you again.

My class reunion was OK. Nothing too excited. Not many people changed too much and I am very thankful for the life that I have. I wouldn't trade mine for any other's.

I have been spending all of my time out of work either on the yard or in the garden. I'm starting to see the fruits (literally) of my labor. My strawberries are done, but now snow peas, zuchinni, and onions are in season. Next up are beans and tomatos. Then I believe squash, cabbages, peppers, and corn. Kinda exciting, but a lot of work.

Still playing ball one night a week. I'm doing well defensively, and the ol'girl can still swing a bat! The rest of the week I walk, run (need to start training for the 5K), riding bike, but not as much rollerblading as I wanted to. The hills are just too dangerous around here. But I am impressed with the upper body work out that I get from pulling weeds and landscaping!

Talk to you soon!

C
Old 07-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #13  

Hi all--

I really thought I would post before this. I've been thinking of you all!

Welcome back Shorty! I was in Portland a couple of months ago for a weekend, and I thought of you - regretting that we weren't in touch because it would have been fun to see you for a nonfat latte, hee hee.

downside of life: I am way overbooked. I think I want to get out of the basket sideline - it is so fun but just too much. However, I seem to have a flair for it (I'm very low key, no sales focused anyway) and so people keep requesting me for it. So, no plans to abruptly stop but I think I will cut back on the mailing list and sort of "downsize myself" (hey that's part of what 5% is all about anyway...)

Upside of life: Strength training is fantastic. I went up on the weights at body pump yesterday and am doing things that seemed like only the buff women and men could do when I started. I go to another ST type class too. I am not getting as much cardio as I should.

Abs let us in on the new job update. How are you feeling in the pregnancy? My second one was a little bit more symptomatic for discomfort, of course my second baby was 1.5 times the size of the first!

Steph the hiking does sound incredible. I live in hiker's paradise and still fail to hike like I should. I hope your positive slant on life is continuing.

Catherine - I was asking everyone in sight about the palm. Then a friend said "I know a lot of people who have them, but they don't seem any more organized than other people." Deflate! But then, I went to costco and played around with the Pocket PC - wow that is fun! $600 though so must really consider if it is useful enough to warrant the $$$. Maybe I'm hopeless at the organization thing. Maybe I should search for the web site "3 Disorganized Chicks on a Paper Diet." I am probably qualified to be the webmistress of that one.

Justy a new guy sounds great. It seems to me that you should just enjoy the single life for a while. Why rush into anything new when there are so many fish in the sea?

So - that's it for me today. I could prattle on and on but these doctors keep wanting to drone on and on into my ear.

What are you going to do for yourself that you don't do normally? Here are some ideas:

light a smell-good candle (unusual in summer, do it for you)
do your nails
give yourself a facial
set the timer and do a 20-minute stretch
call a distant friend you have been thinking about
buy yourself a flowering plant like an african violet and put it where you will see it a lot.

Okay - let's face life.

Juno
Old 07-17-2002, 09:24 PM   #14  

I've gotten on a few times lately and was so excited to see that Shorty & Wyndy had posted - however as excited as I was there was no time to type! I was thrilled to hear from both of you! And as always I love reading the rest of the groups posts!

All is fine here. Middle of summer and I long for the days that I wanted summer to be around forever. However as a daycare provider......the school year is so much calmer for me. We are all having a good time but they will be ready for school sooner than the school will be ready for them. I have next week off and some time off in August which I am just keeping out there as my golden reward for living through another summer of 10 kids. One of the girls here had tonsilitis which got me in the form of that nasty throat thing I had last fall. So it wasn't fun working through the week with a temp of 102 every day. I was wiped but I made it. The last time I was sick was the throat thing in the fall so this seems to be my downfall. IF anyone has a sore throat I am not going near you!

We go off for a short camping trip next week which I am looking forward too. Not much in the way of hiking just because we had a dog health scare on our CO trip that she is just now recovering from. We need a few days by the lake just to soak up the fresh air blowing over Lake Superior (I'm sure water is too cold to soak in!).

You all will be proud of me. I can now eat smaller portions. Not a big deal for everyone but it has taken me quite a long time to learn how to do this. I think I'm doing good and I think it's more of a habit now vs. being a horrible thing I was battling with every time I ate. I eat what I want but I've learned smaller makes me full. Part of my beast conquered! Fitness is all fine here and I am just trying to push myself harder.

Juno - My DH wants me to get a Palm Pilot but I am addicted to my paper lists. I have a legal pad for the day and a notebook for week and future plans. I can't stand computers for that other stuff and I justify it that I use the computer for everything else so I don't like to check in on it. Stupid but paper works for me Overbooking life isn't fun - you deserve the financial rewards but the burnout will get you. Life is for fun and not work! (This coming from someone who is interviewing two little kids for fall to make her life harder but $$$$ a big boost)

Catherine - I am such a poor gardener this year! Why aren't you my neighbor to come over and inspire me with your baskets of fresh veggies. I am even so lazy at weeding my flower gardens this year. I have been lax in the yard because that is a project we are conquering next year. Last yard improvement because we weren't happy with what we did a few years ago. We have lived here 6 years and are so thrilled with how big our trees have grown since we moved here!

Shorty - Great to hear from you and I know that you will find a way to schedule in that good health. Your body deserves it. Your company deserves a tip-top Shorty too! I think it is all about balance. I am jealous when I read that these people who have 10-15 hours a week to workout and I am squeezing in four 40 minutes workouts but hey that is what works in my life. I'll take whatever I can get so I can be the spunky 100 year old that my great grandkids are afraid to visit!

Wyndy - Glad to hear that you are still hanging out in Sask. How are the food allergies going? I had some odd ones and I can tell you that as my health as improved from eating better and exercising - my allergies are barely ever around. It is amazing. Even my mom commented in CO how she never heard me sniffling. I was always sneezing and sniffling. Not one sneeze even when her animals were around. It feels great!

JS - I hope you are enjoying your two weeks off and don't feel like it has flown on by. A new romance -yahoo! If I ever get the urge to be single I'm heading your way because you obviously know how to meet men. If I were single I'd probably be dateless. DH is just stuck with me now (poor him!)

Absmom - I am hoping that your life has settled down and you are gleefully looking forward to DH working near the house. I can imagine what a relief that is. I'm glad you took a personal day. One of my daycare kids grandmothers told me the other day that she thinks I am always so happy because I really seem to make time for myself and still have a happy family and thriving business. All I need is little snippets of me time. I've been sitting here uninteruppted while typing and doing bills for 45 minutes and just jamming to music. So rare without someone bugging me!

I need to log off and balance my checkbook though. We just bought carpeting for the whole upstairs which will be a horrid task in Aug. Last big $$ project is my roof and then something like a tornado will hit my home. That would make me mad.

Okay, I'm outta here!

Stephanie
Old 07-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #15  

I'm going to try the Quick Reply window. Maybe I'll post more if I don't think I need to write Anna Karenina - LOL.

My challenge at the moment: I just realized I am terrible at sucking in my gut! I was concentrating on this while working last night and it even sort of makes me breathless. And my abs are pretty toned I might add - though a 'gut pouch' is one my least favorite physical attributes (blessings?) when I am being self critical. Anyone have insights about this seemingly-natural and easy thing to do. Where is Raychel and her fount of info?

Juno
Closed Thread