South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Cluckings

In a word, Ugh! I have a terrible case of indigestion and feel like crap. What a great way to start a new week, eh? Another lesson learned the hard way, you'd think this veteran SBer would know by now.

Anyway, I'm forcing myself to get over to Curves this morning and get back to my regular routine. And, of all things, I just made a big crockpot full of chili as per Jake's request. But I think I'm going to coddle my tummy with yogurt.

I hope your day is starting off better than mine!
Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

OOOOO, Cottage, no fun on the tummy thing. Hope the yogurt and Curves helps and you are all back to normal!!

We had a great weekend. Picked up MIL from the airport, (my husband had to get beignets while we waited and I had a coffee) then swung by their old house (which burned a couple of months ago) then on to the Quarter. Ate at a great place called Murial's on Jackson Square. (Kara, don't miss Murials while you are here!) Got a bunch of pictures while there so you can see how cool it is.. I splurged and had some escargot and a fantastic grilled shrimp/lump crab/asparagus salad. Then we went over to the French Market and did some shopping. I got a great tie dyed dress and a silver cuff bracelet and a fleur de lis thumb ring. Then we got caught in a storm for a while, so had to hang out strolling in more stores, which formed a lot of condensation on my camera from the air condition, so the last couple of shots are "weird" since my lens was all "foggy"...so I turned one of them of the workers at Cafe Du Monde into "art".

Yesterday, I took my MIL to one of her favorite stores that they don't have in Houston and she got her shopping fix taken care of. All in all a great weekend!

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-28-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Must be the Monday blues! I have just finished washing my kitchen floor since Hershey has "a digestive problem". Great way to start the day.

Cottage, I hope your day improves.

Cat, I just love looking at your pictures. Good work on the "art" shot recovery.

Rain and cooler weather is predicted for the rest of the week so I'm glad I got some garden stuff done last week. I'm hoping to find my seeds this week and get going on planting when it dries up a bit. I can see the blue plastic box and its label as clear as day but have no idea where I put it! I may have to buy more seeds!

Hersh is off to the vet this morning for her last boosters and then we may pay a quickie visit to Harry. After that, it'll be home for some cooking and sewing - it's sort of an afternoon nap day too!

What's happening chez toi?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage - Hope your day improves soon!

Cat - I love your pictures. I'm thinking about bumping LA up on our winter bird trip list

Ruth - Cold and rainy here too We really need the rain so I won't complain much but I would like it if it goes away by the weekend.

It's a long week here. I have trainings/meetings two days in a row - one on the western side of the state and one way up north. All that driving makes the week challenging because it really aggravates my disc problems. Gotta remember to make myself workout when I get home even if I'm achy (if I write it down maybe that will help!).

My greens are starting to pop up in my cold frame. Soon I will have fresh mustard greens I swear I am more excited about fresh greens than I ever was about chocolate. How weird is that?!

Have a good day no matter how dreary your weather!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Cold frame! I want one. I just made a note for next year. I guess we should start a garden thread again so we don't bore the non-gardeners. I love mustard greens!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday morning chicks!
Glad to have that crazy weekend behind me, but a good time was had by all. We ended up with 17 kids at DD's party, nobody got injured, no fights or tears, and DD was very pleased. Today is her actual birthday and she wants to go the Chinese buffet for dinner. Then we'll have a cake for her on Friday at pizza night with my family. Jeez, these birthdays just go don't they?
I've got a big meeting next Tuesday which I'll be working all week to get ready for. I thought I had a trip to White Sands, but I have canceled so that takes some of the pressure off. Otherwise, all the normal stuff going on around here!

Happy Anniversary cottage!
Cyndi, I know just what you mean. I can't wait until my mom's asparagus is ready. And strawberry picking will be here soon. The day the Farmer's market re-opens will be like a holiday. I've never been so excited about produce before!
Glad you had a fun weekend with MIL Cat. A weekend with my MIL would be anything but fun!
I guess your hands will be buried in the dirt all week Ruth, but be sure to stop by and say hi to us!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #7  
My inspiration!

S/C/G: 288/288/150

Good morning ladies! Well, today is my big start.

I already have a question: Is Sugar Free Coffeemate OK to have in my coffee? It is a staple of mine!

Otherwise, I weighed in and need to add it to my avatar I guess. I look forward to a good week!

I hope everyone's day gets a little better.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi Natalie's Mom, don't believe we've "met" yet. Good to have you around and good luck on Ph1! I googled the ingredients for your coffeemate and they are:
Vegetable Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Coconut or Palm Kernel and Canola, Hydrogenated Palm, Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Safflower), Corn Syrup Solids (Adds A Trivial Amount of Sugar), Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative) (not A Source of Lactose), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Dipotassium Phosphate (Moderates Coffee Acidity), Mono- and Diglycerides (Prevents Oil Separation), Salt, Sodium Aluminosilicate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Non-nutritive Sweetener), Yeast.

so I would stay away due to the unhealthy fats, among other things. It's important to get in the habit of reading ingredients to see if they are beach-friendly. You'll get the hang of it.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-28-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ha, Schmoodle we were googling at the same time...
I'd stay away from that stuff! Try some skim or lowfat milk instead.

WATER, CORN SYRUP**, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN AND/OR COTTONSEED OIL, AND LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (A MILK DERIVATIVE)***, MALTODEXTRIN, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, COLOR ADDED, NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, POLYSORBATE 60, CARRAGEENAN, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (NON-NUTRITIVE SWEETENER).

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

I consider Coffeemate to be Frankenfood but here's a thread from the FAQ where it was discussed.
I use skim milk or evaporated skim milk in my coffee. We should be avoiding highly processed foods as much as possible.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm back and feeling much, much better. Exercise is theraputic!

Cat, your weekend sounds so much fun! You are making me really want to visit New Orleans some day!

Ruth, we're having the same weather all week, too. Where did Spring go? I hope you can locate those seeds, but you know as soon as you buy new ones, the old ones will magically show up! Take a nap for me this afternoon, too, if you don't mind. Today is my long day, so no nap for me.

Cyndi, I share your excitement about fresh, home-grown veggies. There's nothing in the world like them! My dad's rhubarb is about ready to be picked, and we've been enjoying fresh asparagus and spring onions from his garden already. The girls and I are going to plant some lettuces in their little plot this week, and see what else we can plant now, too. I hope all that driving isn't too hard on your back. Do you have one of those lumbar pillows that you can use, they really help a lot.

Schmoodle, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DD, and thanks for the anniversary wishes! I'm glad the weather held off on Saturday for your trip to Hershey. Did you go on the factory tour, then? Do they still take people through?

Lauren, good morning! I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Coffeemate is a big no-no, sorry. There are too many additives and transfat in it to be healthy for SB. Try adding some unsweetened almond milk to your coffee, it's really yummy!

I'm all caught up on cleaning and laundry today, so I think I'll make a few meals for my freezer stash this morning. There's a new recipe for a cheesy butternut squash bake that sounds good, but I want to make a few changes to the recipe. I want to bake up a batch of BB Brownies, too.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning my friends.

it's raining. yuck. scale hates me this morning 221.
just working today... did not get to work till 7:30...

cottagebythesea by the time i want to tell you feel better and have a good workout your done. have a good rest of the day ok?

femmecreole if we can manage that trip next summer you must meet us at Cafe Du Monde... my favorite place in the FQ... and yes I WILL eat the beignets! I love the FQ I will look at your pictures when I get home!

Ruthxxx ah the vet... we spend so much time there.

CyndiM i can't imagine eating mustard greens.. what do you use them for?

Schmoodle i love chinese buffet. my son's birthday is tomorrow. he's going to be 24. oy.

Natalie'sMom welcome dump the coffeemate. get some fat free half and half and some sugar free syrups. works like a charm.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone. Am I the only one that LOVES Mondays? Why? Because my day is MINE - I can keep my schedule because everyone goes back to school and work. I get a lot done, and don't have to listen to arguing.

I got my run in today, IN THE RAIN. I made it up the Mean Hill without stopping, which is a first. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple days, might do that now. Just to peek?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Back down to 144!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #15  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyK View Post
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!