Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Post A little nervous

Well girls, I just needed to post this to get it off my chest. Worrying about something is not good...and Im a total worrier...so here it goes.

So, I have been happily married for almost three years now, and my husband and I have not tried to have kids yet. We basically decided that since we are both still in college ( I graduate this year) and neither one of us has really a good job yet, and we move a lot, that we should just wait. We are both happy with this decision and have really enjoyed our time together without kids. We just figure we will know when the time is right.

This week has been really nerve racking for me though. I was supposed to start TOM like 8 days ago, based on my cycle which barely ever is off, maybe one day. Today is day 37, and I am like so nervous. Last time this happened was over a year ago, and it must have been stress that caused me to be so late...this time though, I am not so sure, because Im not really stressed like then.

It would be a great thing to have kids, but I just dont think we should have one now. Its so hard, we struggle as college students and having a baby would be like more added stress.

Again, its not like this would be a disaster or anything being that Im married, but I think its just making me a little stressed out.
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #2  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

get a test to ease your worries
and if you are pg its not the end of the world

let us know what happens hun
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Theres nothing to really say....you either are or you aren't...stressing about it won't change anything.

either way everything happens for a reason. Eat a heaping serving of something folate containing (it's needed for spinal cord devolopment, which occurs during the 1st 4 weeks of pregnancy...before most women know they are pregnant) and refrain from alchol just in case.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

What a lot on your plate!

I would take a test, for sure.. asap. Only because if you aren't, you can stop stressing about that part it- kwim?

Our little girl was planned... but even then, it can be scary at first! And they say... if we all waited to have children when we were totally ready, there would be no children on the planet

Either way, it will work out
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #5  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

I can kind of understand your worries. I was once a college student. Not married but I could barely take care of my kitty let alone a child and I had a scare. I worried myself sick, then thought that was morning sickness!! I didn't stop or sleep until I eased my fears with a test. I put it off b/c i was terrified. I suggest you ease your fears by taking a test and don't put it off b/c you'll just stress yourself out longer! Good luck and in the long run, if you're pregnant, it will be one of the biggest blessings of your life! and if you're not, it will be something to laugh about down the road!

Last edited by net knee; 04-26-2008 at 10:49 PM.
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #6  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

When I was in college I had a scare and rather than get a home test I went to my Obgyn, who worked at a Family Planning centre. Hearing the test was negative was enough of a relief to bring on my cycle that very day and it helped take the stress away from the questions of "did I do it right?" for the home test.

Either way, a test will give you answers and you can go from there.

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 04-27-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #7  

*hugs* I had the same thing a few years ago. Turned out I was late due to stress. Missing your TOM because of sever stress is not unheard of, trust me! Go and take a test. You'll feel much better. And if you don't trust the results (like I didn't) go and have a blood test done. ^^
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

yup, the stress of the missing period...pretty ironic! You're a couple days late, you start stressing that you might be preggers, and then teh stress keeps Aunt Flo at bay for even longer, so then you REALLY get stressed, and so on , and so on...
get a test!
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Have you been sick recently? One time I had the flu and my period ended up being 10 days late. Drastic changes in diet or exercise could do it, too.

But I agree with everyone else -- take a test! It's a simple way to ease your worrying (or, free you up to worry about other things ).
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

The two times I've had similar scares, I've run out to get a HPT as soon as I realized what was missing. And you know what? Both times, the day after I took the test (which came up negative), TOM arrived. I feel like if I ever need have a TOM I can just pee on a stick and like magic it will appear!

I'm in a similar situation, married but not financially secure and whatnot. If we have a baby, it's not the end of the world, even if it's not when we decide we were ready... If you are pregnant, you'll be okay one way or another! But take that test to ease your mind in the meantime!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #11  
I LOVE my furbabies!

S/C/G: 216/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I feel like if I ever need have a TOM I can just pee on a stick and like magic it will appear!
This made me smile! It's so true!
net knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #12  
I will do this.

I have had scares before, too.

I was late just because of the stress of thinking I was preggo. and then I thought my breasts were tender so I would squeeze them and then they would hurt because I squeezed them - not because I was preggo.

I also believe that all I have to get my TOM is pee on a stick and it will magically appear.

But all I can do is echo the advice of others and get a test done. It is the only thing that will ease your mind.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote