Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #1  

Default Frozen Yogurt Portion Control

Hey guys! So I'm REALLY excited because I found this new food market called Low Cal Corner a couple of blocks from my apartment. Unfortunately, they do not have the nutrition facts for their food (which I think is rediculous since they call themselves "Low Cal"...) But they do have a sign that their fat free frozen yogurt is 10 calories an ounce. This means that if I want a dessert of 100 calories I get to eat a large!!!

I also ended up getting a big container of it so that I could keep it in my freezer for future desserts. My problem is, does anyone know how to portion control frozen yogurt? I keep a food journal so want to be able to estimate how many calories. For cereal and liquids I use measuring cups, but how do you guys measure ice cream? HELP!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

A portion of frozen yogurt is usually 1/2 a cup. I use a measuring cup to measure out my ice cream and frozen yogurt. Sounds like a nice low calorie snack but I wonder how many carbs are in it. For it to be fat free and that low in calories what kind of sweetener is used in it?

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-25-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

no good advice here, just a terrible flashback to the Seinfeld episode where Elaine starts going to some fat-free yogurt place, and then everyone tells her she's gaining weight...turns out the place lied. Clearly that wouldn't happen! But it's just funny -- Seinfeld is playing live around here so I've got those old episodes on the brain...

i guess to answer your question, though, I agree with shy -- a serving seems to always be a half cup...small as it may be!
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

You know, half a cup sounds like not much. Pop it in a blender with 1 cup of fat free milk and you have a yummy milk shake. Pop in half a banana and you have two servings of dairy and a serving of fruit lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote