Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default I did good, kinda

Ok so last night I UBER hungry.

We didn't much in the house so the boy and I went to the store. There I bought cheese dip, chips and a candy bar. Oops.

On the way home I took three bites of my Baby Ruth and threw it out the window. (The candy bar, not the wrapper...go earth!)

It just didn't taste the same.

When we got home I was still hungry and made myself a small helping of dip and chips and put the rest away.

I was heading for a binge and I resisted. I had a few tastes of everything and put it away.

I am really proud of myself. I could have eaten that whole candy bar, the whole bag of chips and entire thing of cheese. But I didn't.

Sure I coulda been perfect and not had any - but I didn't. I had some, I had a treat - I went over my calories - but I could have done much worse.

I also have been way hungry lately and nothing - not water, not protein, not even working out has settled my roaring tummy. Have any of you ever had that? What did you do?

How could I have been better?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

It is always hard when you have cravings but you showed some good self control.

I find one key to eating healthy is not letting yourself get hungry, I know that sounds weird but I try and eat on a schedule so I am never hungry. I find that when I get hungry it is harder to feel satisfied without binging. Oh such is life. I would say try and increase your protein and fiber, that will make you feel fuller longer.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #3  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

That's awesome that you had self control...go Will Power!!! Anywho, whenever I'm really hungry and I'm short on calories, I'll usually reach for something fibrous and low in calories. I'm partial to oranges, carrots, and celery in times of utter hunger. I don't feel bad about eating that kinda stuff, cause at the end of the day it's healthy and may put me over by like 4.7 calories...I can live with that.
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #4  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
On the way home I took three bites of my Baby Ruth and threw it out the window. (The candy bar, not the wrapper...go earth!)

It just didn't taste the same.
Good job! I've done the same thing. For awhile, starting before I started going on a diet, I've been having a craving for snikers. Well. one day I stopped by a gas station on the way home. (this was after I started diet) I picked up one with almond because it had less calories than the peanut one. Well. I had a bite and I almost gagged and if I wasn't driving, I would've spat it right out of my mouth. It just didn't taste the same... which got me surprised. =) But I guess that's a good surprise!

Well...you did great on resisting the binge! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Yay nice job Taylor!!
I've been really hungry lately, too. Right now, my stomach is growling and I went for an orange -- i found these seedless navel oranges that i sometimes can't finish because they're so filling.
BUT, just so you know, last night, i was hunkering down with a bag of pretzels and ajar of Nutella. I am celebrating similar to you -- at least I didn't eat the whole thing.
s
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:40 PM   #6  
I will do this.

So I spoke to my trainer about my hunger. She told me to up my calories....this confused me because I think it will trigger a over-eating.

So, being a calorie counter she told me to think of it this way:

Breakfast+ snack = 500 cal

Lunch + snack = 500 cal

Dinner + snack = 500 cal

Which will put me at 1,500 with 100 to 200 extra to work with if I feel like a treat once in awhile.

Looking at those number I can say I have not been eating enough - not anywhere close. I would count my calories for breakfast and snack and it was over 350 I would feel as if I went over board for those two meals.

It's weird for me to say that I haven't been eating enough...but I am so happy that I have seen my problem and easily fix it.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #7  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

I know how you feel. Today someone offered me a pizza puff and part of me wanted it. The other part didn't want to be rude and decline. When she walked away I took a bite and then threw the rest in the trash. Funny what we think we need that we don't
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

What's a pizza puff?
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #9  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

a pizza puff is like sausage or beef and cheese in a fried doughy type deal
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Raising your calories should make you LESS likely to overeat... when you're really hungry, you want to go to the store and get chips and dip... but when you're satisfied, it's a lot easier to resist them (certainly not EASY, just EASIER, lol). Just make sure you're adding healthy calories, and not junk, which won't help with the hunger.

Some times I'm just hungrier than others... usually it corresponds to my TOM, but sometimes I'm just randomly STARVING for a day or two! I usually just eat a bit more, closer to my maintenance calories, and accept that I won't lose much that week. Much better than being so hungry that I binge and GAIN weight.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #11  
I will do this.

Yeah, I need to raise my calories on the good stuff like whole wheat, protein, veggie and fruit.

I had no idea how little I was eating. I guess I thought that's just what you do when you diet - eat as little as possible. (For me that was 1,200) Guess I was wrong.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #12  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Yeah, I lasted at 1200 calories for about... 3 days. I'm eating closer to 1600 now, and it's much more sustainable.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #13  
I will do this.

Yeah, that's my goal too. And by reaching 1,500 by the time my last snack is done is gives me 100 calories to play with if I am watching a late night movie and want popcorn or something or not if I am not hungry
Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #14  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Your signature says it best: "This is not a diet, it's a life-style. This is not a race, it's one step at a time. This is not about next year or tomorrow it's about today." You're living your life and life has chips, and moments of "I NEED CANDY STAT" and other.. you know, life-things! You did awesome, you stayed in your head and said "Okay, I can have a small amount but no more." and you stopped when you knew you should and not when you were feeling ill from too much. I think you did awesome!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #15  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Yeah, that's my goal too. And by reaching 1,500 by the time my last snack is done is gives me 100 calories to play with if I am watching a late night movie and want popcorn or something or not if I am not hungry
Ooh, have you tried Orville Redenbacher's 100 calorie Smart Pop Kettle Korn? Aside from having the longest name ever, it's AMAZING. I love it.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote