South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking Phase 2 Food log

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what a typical day on phase 2 is.... I have been reading the book but it is very general... and well... i would like a little more directions! Please let me know what you all do so that i can jump in the wagon!

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #2  
Heidelitos

S/C/G: 186/???/145

Height: 5'4

Today I had 2 eggs scrambled with a bit of LF cheese and a v-8 for breakfast.

Snack was laughing cow cheese wedge on celery

Lunch was tuna salad stuffed in a hollowed out tomato on a bed of greens.

Snack was an apple with yogurt

And dinner will be chicken/shrimp jambalaya (cooked in tomatoes and spices) over brown rice with green beans on the side.

I try to eat tons of veggies, just like Phase 1 but add a fruit and a grain (some days I add 2 or 3 of a fruit or a grain). Be sure to get all of you water as well.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Here's what I had today:
B: spinach and goat cheese omelet, coffee with milk, V8
ate kinda late so skipped morning snack
L: Pistachio, goat cheese, and dried apricot on lettuce with dressing, 7 reduced fat triscuits with a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite Cheese
S: an orange and a latte made with skim milk
Dinner will be: Turkey Breast Picatta over baby spinach, another veggie
If I want a snack after dinner, I'll have a fudgesicle or 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a few slivered almonds and a drizzle of agave nectar

My general Ph2 combo is: 1 - 2 fruits/day, 1 - 2 servings of whole grains/day, and at least 4/5 cups of veggies.

If you look in the FAQ section, there is a breakdown of what you should have at each meal and how many servings, etc. Be sure and look through that section as there is a lot of helpful information.
If you are just transitioning to Ph2 from Ph1, be sure to go slowly, and just add back one thing each week - a grain or a fruit. Lots of us start with oatmeal, or a serving of berries. It should be a gradual transition to full Ph2.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

B: I eat a serving of oatmeal in the morning with my 15 almonds chopped in it and splenda & cinnamon added, plus a little skim milk. Glass of spicy V-8 too.

S: String cheese if I get hungry.

L: Huge salad with all kinds of veggies & SB Ranch dressing - 2 Tbs. Several ounces of turkey breast and 1 oz. of cheese mixed in. Sometimes I sub a 3 oz. package of tuna or salmon for the turkey. Usually have a banana or apples or berries with ff yogurt or SB pudding. May eat this later for a snack if too full at lunch.

S: See above (fruit, yogurt) or string cheese with a little turkey wrapped around it.

D: Chicken breast sauteed in olive oil with a ton of veggies (onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes). A serving of brown rice if I don't eat a grain for evening snack. I also like many of the entrees from this forum, like Taco Bake or stuffed peppers.

S: If I'm hungry I have the Mocha Ricotta Creme or a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a little smear of natural PB (If I don't have a grain at dinner).

Hope this helps. It works for me.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #5  

B - oatmeal with cinnamon, Splenda, blueberries and banana with a glass of milk.

S - yogurt

L - homemade leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup (no tortillas but you could use whole wheat).

S - raw zucchini

D - stir fry with beef, carrot, ginger, garlic, tomato pesto, parsnip, cayenne, broccoli

dessert - NSA pudding
Old 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

yesturday for me was

B- oatmeal with cinnamon & splenda & 1 cup coffee
S- carrots & hummus
L- brown rice with 2 cups veggies & ground sirloin
S- yogurt & fruit
D- sb coal chicken, cauliflower (sb mash pot) & 2 cups veggies
Old 04-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #7  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Due to the fact that you are pregnant, you need to make sure you are getting a well balanced diet. Make sure in your efforts to minimize the weight gain you don't short yourself & the baby nutritionally. I would strongly suggest taking the phase 2 food lists and talking them over with a dietician. Your OB doctor should be able to refer you to one. Insurance should pay for this referral.
Best wishes for healthy eating for you and your little baby to be!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Oh, duh, I feel like an idiot. I didn't even notice that in your signature! Congratulations! But skinnydogmom is right. Although SBD is just a healthy way of eating, you may need more of certain things than the rest of us. Definitely something to talk about with your obstetrician. And I certainly wouldn't worry about losing any weight right now.

Thanks for picking up on that SDM!
Closed Thread