Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Talking Back In Kindergarten #42

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-22-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Chickie's!

I am sorry, I am too lazy to paste and copy post over to here.

I did look at the Devils Pool link Sassy, it looks awesome! I wouldn't do it though. lol

Walked 2 miles yesterday afternoon! I still need to get some shoes, these old Keds are making my legs ache.

Didn't make the PTA movie after all , just pooped. Gab and I crawled in bed at 6:30 and read books. Turned the lights off at 7pm and it was still light. I remember as a little girl my mom putting us to bed when the sun was just setting. Thought she was nuts. lol Gab went to bed right away, she must have been tired. When I picked her up from school she was crying. It is national turn your tv off week (something like that) and she said the teacher said the class couldn't watch tv. lol. I said, "we can watch movies though!!" so , we have watched Enchanted 8 times.

Ate some wheat pasta w/ sauce for dinner and crunched my ice with what teeth I have left. I know I need to stop munching ice but I am addicted.

k- better get for now! Hope you all have a great morning!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:04 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...7:00, man that is early. Lately I've been getting sleepy by 10:30'ish and am back on my schedule of getting up early...feels good to not waste away in bed most of the morning. Actually, I like wasting away in bed, lol. What time do you guys get up when you go to bed early? WTG on the 2 miles, woohoo! Enchanted is definitely a good/cute movie.

SASSY...you should have told DH to take that ice cream back where he got it, lol. Ice cream actually sounds good right now, lol. Oh man...there is no way I would do that! No freakin' way! I am scared to death of heights and I would be so afraid of falling over.

MINDEE...did the neighbor not have any pliers, or a screwdriver or something to turn the water off from the tub? Geez, louise...that's crazy letting the water run til the hubby got home.

FRANCIE...how are you today? Still celebrating that BD that's coming up?

HIYA JULES...thinking of you!

HIYA SUE & KATY

Such a beautiful day today! Supposed to rain tomorrow and Thursday though...that's fine, I'll take it-like I have a choice I did my exercise for the day...110 minutes and that feels good getting that done and out of the way. I normally like to break it up but today I was all gung ho and just did it! Put some plant food on the flowering shrubs and roses and now getting some laundry done and my computer time. Will work on the candles later...those things are going slow...thank goodness I have time. It's a pain in the arse getting the name and date to show so I do a few and stop, lol. Once I get them wrapped I have to glue a flower in the center and they will be done and done! I kind of like ths colors and am so glad that I was able to get the wedding day scent. Anyway, hoping to get some reading done too. I started The Memory Keepers Daughter and it is good but the words are small, yikes! Anywho...

Have a beautiful day ladies!

Here's what I'm working on...

Last edited by FrouFrou; 04-26-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in while I have a split second.....both Brandon and Marissa are awake right now.

nothing really new on this end.....another nice day around our neck of the woods! Brandon has his hearing test tomorrow, and in fact they already called to confirm his appointment with the doctor tomorrow! I can't believe that four years ago today I was sitting in my hospital bed wondering when I was going to meet my little boy!

I too, took a look at that link that Sassy posted! It looks like it is nice and relaxing, but you won't find me anywhere near it!

SusieQ~ National turn off your tv week? I didn't hear anything about that...I guess that is why mine is usually on Disney from the time I get up at 7am until noon when I watch the news. Then I watch what I want to watch while the kids are napping. Then usually at 5pm, we turn on Monster Jam, and they watch monster truck racing. From 6pm to 7pm, we turn on Rachael Ray, then from there we go back to the speed channel for Pinks and Pass Time. Then the kids start heading to bed, and I can watch what I want to watch again!

Cristina~ I am not sure why she had to wait until her husband got home. But he was only some place around the corner because when Tommy went to go upstairs her husband showed up. THEN Tommy went to go upstairs to keep an eye on the maintenance guy like the office manager told him to do, the lady upstairs wouldn't let him in! (which I find really odd and am wondering if she is trying to keep something hidden) Right after she moved in, her husband showed up and she called the cops on him saying that he threatened that he was going to get a gun and kill her. Mind you, she didn't press any charges, and let him stay in the apartment when she left to go get her daughter from school! She told the office manager that she was in the process of leaving her husband and getting a divorce, but yet she is having him inside the apartment not even two days after she moved in!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #5  
RosieKate

TV Turn off Day 2...and we're still in it, folks!

We tell the kids if they make it until Saturday, we'll buy them each a new book. This year, it hasn't been much of a fuss with them..it's a busy week in general so they haven't been missing it too much. Here's the link to the group behind it.
idk, I think it's good to try it now and again, it shows them that there are other ways to feed their brains ....but to each their own. I'm no zealot, but I've known a few who believe tv rewires their little brains and makes them hyperactive. I think if it's on 24/7 then maybe, but a few shows here and there are not going to hurt them.

Susan
- I hope to see Enchanted soon..it looks so cute! Yay for the 2 miles! I woke up with a stuffy nose and didn't do anything today

Cristina - the candles look great! The Memory Keeper's Daughter is really good. I cried twice in that book - maybe you can figure out where? I just saw that Lifetime made a movie out of that book and it looks good, too. Maybe I can get the IL's to tape it off their cable for me.

Mindee- Hope the plumbing get resolved soon - otherwise get out your buckets!

HI Sassy, Jules, and Sue!

Well, MIL and I are off to see the Yarn Harlot tonight. She's a blogger and really funny. She makes knitters do crazy things - should be a very entertaining evening. And now we are off to DS' piano lesson then to Supercuts for his buzzcut. I hope this stuffy nose doesn't turn into a yucky cold...last thing I need right now Have a great afternoon everyone!

Old 04-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Hey all,

Colorful post Cristina!! I love the candles, I like doing creative stuff like that. We sleep til 7am....lol, today we were up at 6:30 though.

Mindee- We don't watch that much tv. I let Gab watch SuperWhy in the morning, it teaches sounds and such and she loves that show, otherwise it is mainly Clifford and Arthur or Animal Planet.

Katy - Yes, Enchanted is cute. The songs are running through my head constantly......"How will she know that you love her, how will she know???"....la la la la.....omg. shoot me know. I like the chipmunck, cracks me up.

Hi to MIA's Francie, Jules, Sassy and Sue!!

Going to do laundry and get Gab to swimming. Finished In her shoes and cried at the end....*eyes roll*,,,I am pmsing.

Mixing pink lemonade and orange juice together.....trying to pretend will get me tipsy...lol...it is so yummy, I like the taste.

k- that was my inspiring post!! Dancing results tonight!! Yippeeee.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hello Ya'all

ARGHHH! I hit a key and lost everything I just typed!!! GRRRRRR! I hate when I do that! lol.

What a day or night or whatever......I woke up late, DH just sat out in the living room and let me be late. GRRRR! I know I am an adult and all of that, but like I told him, I wouldn't just sit in the other room knowing full well that my spouse was still sleeping and would be late for work. Anywho.....lol

Lets see.........I got my shift I wanted. Sun - Wed - Week 1 and Sun - Tues Week 2 -- 9 pm - 9:30 AM Starts May 10th. My boss has been by my cube every evening this week so far and he's been unusually nice! Freaking me out!

Here is the Devil's Swimming Pool to those who haven't viewed it yet.

Cristina and Suzy Q -- No way I'd do it either. lol. I'm a big lol. Suzy Q -- I go to bed when its still light out. Sorry, just had too. lol.

Hope everybody is doing great.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #8  

just popping in before I have to go and frost some cupcakes! I got some dinner finally and finished up the cupcakes....Tommy just got home from Lodge too.

Katy~ I agree with you on letting the kids watch some shows here and there, as long as it is not on 24/7. The kids get to watch what they want to watch, and then it is time for mommy and daddy to watch tv.

SusieQ~ Any plans in the works with McD this weekend? What channel is SuperWhy on? I will have to go and look to see if it is on here in MI. There is a program on here called Word World. It is a show that helps kids put words together so they can see what the words look like and then it takes shape of the object it is making.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just stopping by to say hi real fast!!

Katy~The movie on The Memory Keeper's Daughter was just okay. They seemed to just hit on the major stuff really, and some of it changed a little bit. It was too short for me, lol.

Sassy~I showed Fonzo the pics to the Devil's Swimming Pool..and he thought it looked awesome!! We totally wanna go to it now, lol.

Anyways..today is Fonzo's last day of leave, which is why I've been MIA lately. Just been spending as much time w/him as possible. We found the On Demand & Pay Per View buttons on our DVR, and we feel totally stupid that we forgot all about it, lol. So last night we watched Bouwolf (spl?)..it was weird. Not at all what I expected it to be. Today we finally watched I Am Legend, it was pretty good. And as soon as dinner is done, we'll be watching The Borne Ulitmatium. I also saw a TON of movies that I wanna watch when Fonzo is gone (ie..chick flicks or movies he doesnt wanna see, lol).

Anyhoo..I'm rambling. I'll catch up w/everyone tomorrow morning.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #10  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~Natiaonl Turn Your Tv off week?!?! But then I would miss America's Next Top Model and Law & Order!!!! Nooooooooooo...lol. I dont believe in such a thing.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #11  

Francie~ I was wondering where you were at! I forgot that Fonzo was on leave this past week. The last movie I saw was Flicka, and I DVR'd that at the end of February! And I just watched that about a week ago! I do have Walk The Line on my DVR now, and on Saturday I am going to DVR the movie Crash.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:55 AM   #12  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee~Crash & Walk The Line are good movies. I dont think I'll watch Flicka because its an animal movie and I dont watch those anymore, lol. I think the next movies I'll get will probably be...PS I Love You (although, I'm still unsure about it..because I read the book and all..), Becoming Jane, Waitress, The Jane Austin Book Club, American Gangsters & Into The Wild. I've been wanting to see those movies for awhile now.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #13  
RosieKate

HI Francie - sorry I forgot to say hi in the last pot - thx for the word on Memory Keeper's Daughter...I'll eventually see it, but I won't run right out. I liked both Crash and Walk the Line very much. If you want a funny, raunchy spoof of Walk the Line ( and other biopic-type movies) Walk Hard is very funny. idk if it's on demand yet or not.

Mindee - Enjoy the birthday parties...I can't remember when you said the bds were , but Happy Birthday to Brandon and Marissa!

HI to Jules, Sassy, Susan, and Cristina!

Another busy day on tap. Had a long and interesting visit with the homeopath yesterday, should have some remedies for Leigh in about a week. Harlot was great, too. MIL laughed alot and we had a great time. There were 400 knitters there and I don't think either of us has seen that many knitters in one place before...and we were all knitting on something. It was a great opportunity for people-watching.

Today I go for a massage and take L to the "therapaws" counselor, for what will hopefully be only one visit - she's spendy. Funny sidenote - my son is extremely jealous that his sis gets to see a therapist that uses dogs in her practice. He said "Why can't something be wrong with me? She gets all the fun!" Homeopath affirmed my gut instinct that L's food issues are genetic, but that doesn't really help for coming up with a solution to her severe food aversions. It just means rewarding or coercing her to eat new foods will do absolutely no good. We'll just have to see how this all plays out. I'm so glad I have a massage this morning- I need it!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Katy~Omg, I've been wanting to see Walk Hard for awhile. I think we may end up buying it the next time we go to the store. I like John C. Riley. Cant wait for his new movie w/Will Ferrell to come out.

Well..Fonzo leave is officially over. He left for work about a half hour ago. All is good though. Well sorta. I gained back 3 pounds while he was on leave. It was mostly my fault. I gave in to emotional eating, and stopped exercising (except for the occasional walk every now & then). But I've decided that once he leaves..I'll go back to exercising and eating right. I'm gonna get all my dvds together and do one for every day of the week. And if I dont have enough, then I'll just rotate them. I want to look somewhat hot when I visit him this summer. We'll see what happens.

Well..I woke up too early..so I'm gonna go read until I fall asleep again. BBL
Old 04-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

A quickie because I am distracted. A friend wrote an email and mentioned a tiff we had 4 years ago. I mean, that was not a good time for me. I don't want to chat about 4 years ago. lol

Mindee - SuperWhy is on public tv here. It is a realy cute show and Gab learns a lot from it. I don't know about plans w/ McD, need for Gab's dad to take her for me. Is it birthday day today?????

Cristina - How many candles do you have to do? You do so good on your exercise!

Sassy - lol..........omg , if I was there I would have waken you up!!

Francie - Sorry about Fonzo leaving, it is sweet that you were able to spend time together

katy - I am living for the weekend!! lol Suppose to be in the 60's, thank goodness.

Watched American Idol last night. I think it will be either Brook or Jason leaving tonight. I think it will be #1 David Cook #2 David A and #3 Carly in the end. I really like Carly though.

anyway - better get...............
Closed Thread