Old 04-22-2008, 03:21 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default yikes! i'm getting impatient!

i started my new lifestyle on march 11. as of today, i am down 30, and my goal is 100. today i'm feeling impatient! its like, i want to be done and at goal so i could stop being anxious and making sure that i am losing every day! blerg!

do any of you guys feel this way too?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #2  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

All the time! Just focus on something else... like the fact that you lost 30 pounds!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Yum 30 pounds in just over a month is a lot. It's more weight that I have lost in that time peroid. Don't get impatient it takes time. Realize that shows like the biggest loser (although I love it) isn't normal they are under the supervision of doctors and trainers, they do things like lose water weight by drinking deuritic tea.

If you are losing that fast you may want to consult a doctor because it is generally recommended 1-2 pounds a week.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Jumping Jehosaphat! You lost thirty pounds in just over a month? You go girl! However, like RememberHowToSmile mentioned, that an awful lot of weight to lose that quickly, and you may want to ease back a bit so you don't cause any harm to yourself.

Since you're doing so great, you probably don't need my advice, but I would recommend that you not weigh yourself every day. It will just tend to make you anxious about your weight and that won't help at all. Once a week should be often enough. I certainly wish that I was at my goal weight too, but I know that it took me several years to pack this weight on, so I should be willing to spend a year or so taking it back off.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 04-22-2008 at 09:14 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/163.0/150

Height: 5'9

jayohwhy- great job on the weight loss so far!! try to remember that it will probably take a little while to get the rest off. stay on plan and stay focused and you will be there in no time.
jean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

WTG on the weight loss, that is an incredible amount to have lost! I am going to ditto what the ladies before me said, its normal to lose 1-2lbs a week after the intial few weeks of a new plan. I really believe the longer it takes to get the weight off the more chance you have of keeping it off forever.
Its taken me a year to lose what I have lost so far, but I have been having a month every now and then of maintaining the weight lost, for me its adopting changes for life. I too get impatient but i didnt get fat over night so Im not going to lose it over night! Good luck
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #7  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Ugh. I hear ya! The worst is realizing how easy it would be to undo all the good you've done. Your weight loss has been stellar though! Just try and focus on the fact you have done really, really well and try and enjoy the new lifestyle you've created for yourself . I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of non-scale victories over the course of your weight loss and you'll be feeling like you've lost a lot more than the scale shows!
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #8  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

yeah, I've had plenty of moments where I just want to be able to wring the fat off of me and get to living...like everyone else said though, you have done awesome so far! I mean, pick up a 30 pound weight and realize that you used to have that on you, and not that long ago!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I think I get that impatient feeling every day. Just today I put on a pair of pants I've never worn because they were too tight and it's just like "darnit, just a couple pounds more". BUT, I put a little shirt on that I notice the difference in and suddenly became ultra feminine in my suit and feel wonderful about myself today. It's a head game.

I would suggest saying something positive about yourself *out loud* at least once a day. There is a lot of power behind words and once you say something it can't be unsaid, so in effect you are actually building a field of positive energy around yourself that will keep on getting stronger each day.

I swear, it might sound hokey but it works! Try it for real and you'll begin to notice a difference physically and mentally!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

30 pounds in one month? That must be some kind of a record......most of us can't make that claim. It is just not possible to go to bed fat and wake up thin.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

It took a long time to build up (i think) so it takes just as long to reverse.
I wish I could say I've lost 30, well I did only start a couple of days ago though
Congratulations by the way
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #12  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

It's taken me 4 months to lose 42. You're making QUICK progress!
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #13  

Way to go!! 30 pounds is awesome!!

Sometimes when you start to get impatient trying to lose weight, it is like being pregnant and waiting for the baby to come out.... just take one day at a time, and soon the feeling will be gone! I agree distract yourself with a good book, or something else you love to do

Bertie
fitnfunbabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote