Old 04-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat 4/21 - 4/27

Hey everyone, Happy Monday.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was filled with studying. No fun but only a week and a half until my last final and then two weeks until my last commitment for the semester. Now next semester starts the following week for me but I will only be doing my internship so life will get a lot better. I decided at like 10 last night to do the extra credit assignment due at 10 am this morning because I figured even if I half - … it then I can some points.

And I only actually put about 2 hours worth of work into it.
I did ok eating wise, although I did end up eating so night time snacks yesterday that threw me over my calorie limit. Not good but I just couldn’t get satisfied. I guess it happens sometimes.

I was happy I’m back down to 168 this morning, for those of you who don’t know after my third trip out of town (in like a month) my weight went up to 174ish. I refused to change my ticker but I’m almost back to that weight.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #2  

Happy Monday! And it is a good Monday indeed because in Chicago it is FINALLY starting to be nice outside!! I cannot wait until I can actually go to the beach... make all of this working out worth it

So I survived my birthday AND Passover seders. I'm feeling pretty good. Next big event isn't until Memorial Weekend, which is kind of nice.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM   #3  
I will do this.

My weekend was kinda hard.

I ate out a lot this weekend and I don't think I even made it to 1,000 calories one day because no one has nutritional facts on their website and I am no good at guessing so I was extra careful.

Yesterday I went off my eating plan and had queso and prime rib sandwich - which then after I went to bed I got up 4 times to re-visit it (No, I didn't make myself puke, it just happened) I think the meal I choose was far too rich and my tummy wasn't use to eating those kind of foods anymore - which is crazy cause I can remember myself eating that before my new life-style and being just fine. I suppose that is just a reminder that my body wants in a meal has changed - so that feels good that I am reprograming my body so to speak.

I know that this week brings a lot of studying which means a lot of time at the kitchen table - which hopefully means I can control my snacking!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was gooooood! The weather is NY has been WARM!! (hot! in the 80's for 4 days now) so DH, Alexis and I have been taking LOTS of walk in the park this week. We have a great park here with a big pond/fountain.. ducks.. it's 3 miles if you go around it 5x.. I love this weather.

So, I started a new "plan" last week. Last time I lost my weight (pre marriage/baby) I used weight watchers the first 1/2.. and then "on my own" the 2nd (eating when hungry, stopping when satesfied, watched portions, etc). So, I tried that this time.. but I think I need more "push" in the beginning, more of a plan.. I felt like I was losing a bit slow. So, I started to count calories last Monday for the first time ever.. and I was down 3.4 lbs today, a week later Apparently, it works very well for me!! So, I'm down 9.4 pounds in about 4 weeks. I'm wicked pleased with that.

RemeberHowToSmile- So glad things will be settling down a little for you soon! Bet that will be nice. AND, a big congrats on getting your weight back down

CookieMonster416- Congrats getting through all the holidays/functions! That always feels nice!
And, I hear you on the weather- for sure. It was SO nice here this week. Pretty funny since we were in winter coats 2 weeks ago with snow on the ground!

Taylor86- Sorry you had a rough weekend It's definitely amazing how our stomachs can change after we change our life-styles, eh? It can happen in quite a short period, too! My nose has changed DH and I went into McDonalds last week.. I had extra calories and he wanted a treat.. so I got a small milkshake (I used to get large- eek) and the smell was gross in there. All I smelled was fried ... grease. And that's a huge deal for me, as I'm a fast food addict to the max. But, I haven't had a burger in 4 weeks. So, I guess the smell was just off for me. Funny how those things happen!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well my life got more complicated. The documents I have been waiting for for like a month showed up today. Not good because I need to have it turned around in 15 days. Not good at all. I e-mailed my prof about the situtation and am waiting for a reply, I'm kindof hoping he will try and pull strings to get my last exam moved until after it is due but you never know. I wish life could be easy.

Cookie - Good job surviving passover and your birthday! That is really hard. My roommate just offered me some moose they made during passover which she then said had whipping cream, egg yorks, eggs, ect. I politely passed.

Taylor - For the first few months after I had my gallbladder removed I would literally gag ever time I smelt grease, I avoided the cafeteria for weeks.

Erika - Good job losing the weight. That is really good. Also good job getting to the park.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #6  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

our weekend was dull, we attended a bday party for a kid that we know and i found out my son likes cake and ice cream(oh joy cause his bday is this weekend)
i saw a picture of myself, i still see me heavier but it didnt help that i wore a slightly baggy shirt that went to my hips and a pair of low rise jeans not exactly concealing
so tonight i'm gonna make an effort to look nice and see if i can get dh to take a pic of me dressed up for once
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #7  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

My weekend... well, my daughter started coughing a lot, which worries me. Two of her teachers called in on Friday because they were throwing up and had sinus infection. One of the kids had the same thing and didn't come to the daycare the same day. Other than that... I'm doing okay, I guess. My neck/shoulder muscle is sore for some reason...I've been doing some stretches to make sure that it's not going to get worse.
I cooked up some Korean short ribs with lots of veggies on weekend...and some soup, too. My bf loved it and my daughter loved it, too...but man, all that sodium got to me, I think...
Well, I'll be back later.. gotta go outside with my daughter for now.

Remember on going back down to 168. I know how trips can be stressful and not really helpful in many ways...but it's great that you are right back on track! =)
Also, speaking of documents... I'm going through divorce right now and my ex is in Colorado. He's the biggest procrastinator ever...When I went to the trial, the judge said that we need Proposed Final Judgment as we agreed on everything. Well, because I cannot afford an attorney, I didn't know this...so I gotta go to one more trial in June. Well, when I called around for attorney, everyoe is charging $500 to write up a Proposed Final Judgment, which I do NOT have. I talked to him and he said he's going to send it when he get paid..well that was for the 15th and I still haven't got it. I have no idea what to do and it seems like I have to go to the trial empty-handed again and not sure how that's going to affect the whole divorce process. I'm just hoping they won't dismiss the case...but sigh... I really really wish life could be easy. :P

Cookie I hear ya about the weather being nice. Here in Detroit area is getting nice, too. I've been taking my daughter to walk this past week every day and she LOVES it... She jumps up and down everytime I say let's go for a walk and she asks for it when she's up from her nap, too. YAY on surviving!!
By the way, your Avatar reminded me of something. I went to pick up my daughter today from her grandma's.(she didn't go to daycare bc she didn't feel good this morning)..I got her this one Elmo toy where it has bunch of buttons on it along with Cookie Monster cover thing where it covers a little snack section. Since we were leaving, she said to turn off the toy, so I did. After I tured it off, she lifts up the Cookie Monster cover, which it makes Cookie Monster laughing noise if it was on. Well, then as she's lifting it up, she makes the Cookie Monster laughing noise over and over and over... I literally LMAO! hehe... Oh, she's 2 years old. =)

Taylor I know what you mean about re-visiting the bathroom. When I went on WW first time, I had a Tacobell after not having it for about 1 month or so..and wow, my body did NOT like it, though. I know you will do great with your controlling the snacking!

Erika 80's!! Wow... I think we are getting about high 60's to low 70's and that feels good. I can't imagine how GREAT it would be to have 80's! Wow! 9.4 lbs in 4 weeks! That's great! I am trying to count calories, too, which is little bit difficult for me because I eat Korean food a lot and it's not that easy to get the total calories of each meal, as I'm unable to locate the label many times..or even locate the calories of ingredients on the internet. But this "push" sounds like it's a GREAT way to go!

Lissa Please post the pictures on here when you get it! You lost over 5 dancing carrots and that's A LOT! I'm sure you will look BURNING HOT! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #8  
Mikey's girl

Hi!! Im just jumping on board, if thats ok...
(lil back ground)
Im cheree, I was on here awhile ago,and left had Marissa, and now Im BACK! I can't wait to get to know everyone because this site helped sooo much before!!
My weekend, was eventful so to speak. Saturday Makayla (my 3yo) was outside from 10 am till 7pm all while I tried to study and help take care of my 9 month old Marissa. Sunday, I had a baby shower and a first communion. and of course studying again. I DID stay on track, and made it to the gym both days,and our nightly walk with the kids!! WHOOHOOO Now Im back to studynig....
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #9  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

back, JustForUs!

My weekend was fine, kinda boring and not terribly productive, but lovely weather.

It's that TOM for me for the first time since I've started my weight loss journey, and I retain water like CRAZY, so this is a big test for me. Don't freak out about water weight, and don't eat everything in sight. I'm going to challenge myself not to weigh myself until it's over. Starting... NOW.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I'd like to jump on board too!
Can't resist after all this warm weather talk because I just got off the phone with my father who lives in Alberta, Canada (I'm in Ontario - across the country), and he's saying that there's over a foot of snow that has fallen in the last 24 hrs. I'm enjoying some nice 20 degrees over here (don't know what it is in ferenheit -- it's warm though). Anyone up for taking a visit to Alberta?

Just a little back info, I'm self-employed in the financial sector, studying to get my CFP (Chartered Financial Planner designation), getting married June 2009, saving up for a home, and wanting to lose the last of a lifetime of weight gain. At my heaviest (during university), I was 215 lb. The first 20 pounds melted off in the year after university as I stopped eating junk and didn't drink as much . Life in general took off the next 10 pounds over the next 2 years. And now I'm making the last conscious push to get rid of the extra weight forever and reach my ideal 160 by counting calories, a balanced diet, and exercise (Herbal Magic program to be specific).

I've found 3FC to be a great source of motivation so far! <-and he's funny.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #11  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppingbride View Post

I've found 3FC to be a great source of motivation so far! <-and he's funny.
I left my computer on and it had what I posted right on the screen. My bf saw it and said HEY THAT'S BANANA'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY DANCE! I told him it's a carrot. hehehe... then he went to Youtube and found the banana one and showed to my DD. She looooooooves it...saying "momma...bamana is jancing..." she's two...so... lol. "Bamana" is her favorite fruit.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #12  

So I've been writing down everything I eat, and sometimes at the end of the day I'll add up my calories and I'll be a bit low. What do you guys do? Because I could just start eating snacks at night to meet my calorie goal, but as a person trying to lose weight it seems like I should just go to sleep and whatever less calories maybe I'll lose more weight (?) I don't know...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #13  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i haven't taken part in this thread in a very long time i think it is time to get back at it. my weekend was very busy. had a wedding on Sat. and Sun. i was helping my mom with some stuff the went to a friends house to help out there. but even with all of that going on i would call it a success. today would fall into the success category as well despite having the remenants of a headache i still exercised for 30 minutes.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #14  
I will do this.

I just need to vent.

Although I have lost some weight and went down sizes I feel unmotivated right now.

I suppose it is the end of the semester and I just want to be done with school - but focusing on weight-loss has been hard and I got myself a cold sore (which is now healing due to tea bags, nail polish remover and abreva) and my brothers wedding is the week before finals.

I haven't made it to the gym since thursday (but I did make my goal last week of three times which I WILL make again this week) and I have stuck to my calorie in-take (give or take) but haven't made meal plans - just counted calories. (And sometimes guessed due to meals out, but stuck to veggie burger with 1/2 the bun and side salads)

I did go off my meal plan yesterday evening for a treat but the meal ended up being too rich and I was up 4 times last night being ill (which triggered a panic attack so I had to tak my xanax) which meant my sleep wasn't that great cause xanax knocks me out but I was unable to sleep because I was sick.

My water in-take has been poor. Very poor. I hardly drink three glasses a day and I know it needs to be more than that so I am filling my water bottle tonight and carrying it with me tomorrow.

I hope seeing my trainer and have a great workout tomorrow will make me feel better- in fact I know it will make me feel better.

I just gotta keep my head up - This too shall pass.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #15  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

the pic will wait a week when i came home it was kids bath time maybe then i'll throw on some makeup too(i sell mary kay yet went to the meeting with a naked face lol)
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote