Old 04-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Any Suggestions?

I need a new swimsuit! I've been looking online and they are all soo expensive, any suggestions?
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Someone started a thread on this recently and I think Target had the best prices/size selection.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I was very unhappy with the selection Target because they seemed to only have bikini's which I can't wear.

I got mine at fashion bug last year (I think I got it at a buy one get one for a dollar sale and that way you actually get it for half off) or a 40% off sale, they have sales all the time. I haven't bought one this year. I've heard JC Penny has pretty good prices but haven't looked.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Believe it or not, I got my bathing suit from Sears. It is not a place I think of when I think of bathing suits, but they have a good selection. I am a college student, so I do not like to pay much for anything. They have pretty good prices and I believe on got it on a good sale. Also the Newport News clearance has a pretty good selection at some good prices.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #5  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Burlington Coat factory and target but target caters to skinny teens who love bikinis. Although they are cute I simply can't wear one yet.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 PM   #6  
... fabulous!

Newport News online has tons in their clearance area normally... and you can sometimes find coupon codes to use additionally.

Before I went to the south pacific I purchased like 3 new suits because my old ones didn't fit at all but I didn't want to spend alot because I still have so much to drop.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #7  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

I love the ones at Target...I actually got mine at Old Navy this year.
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Oooh, thanks for asking about this, I could use a new swimsuit. My one-piece is too big, and my bikinis are, well, bikinis. I really want a "tankini" for this year, since one-pieces are always too long.

And as much as I drool over every Victoria's Secret swim catalog that comes in, I don't plan on spending $100 on a swimsuit any time soon, I don't care HOW cute it is!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #9  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Well...I wear a bikini and look pretty hot in it at my weight. I think sometimes we just have to get over the scariness of showing some flesh once we have started losing weight. I get lots of compliments and believe me...it was scary the first time I laid down next to a guy at the beach that I was on a date with...crazy ....I know...but that was only a few weeks ago...I lived and moved on....and I swear, you can look great in a bikini....right now I have 2 from target and 1 from Victorias Secret that I bought cause it was only $5.

Here is a set from VS - a tankini...which is what I wore when I was larger.....
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...e=L&rfnbr=3690

Here is a one piece from Target that is available in the stores and got 2 reviews - both 5star - http://www.target.com/Merona-Halter-...e=1&rh=&page=1

And for the sake that Old Navy by far always has great prices...here is a great one there....I know some styles may only be available online...but if you are comfortable with any of these brands...you should check them out....
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=527188062

Last edited by SunshineRunner; 04-23-2008 at 09:42 AM.
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #10  

I am wearing a bikini now as well. I bought one at the end of last summer, and felt suprisingly comfortable in it. It's amazing what my weight loss has done for my self esteem. I am back at the weight I was when I started college, and there is no way I would've wore a bikini then.

Anyway, the suit I have is white, and we are going to the lake for my grad. I don't really want to wear it in the lake, because I don't want it to look dingie(SP?). We are going to JC Penny tonight, hopefully I will find one there. If not, I'm going to look at Target on Saturday. I looked at their online stores and they had some really cute ones, I was just afraid to order it without trying it on, bc I only have a week left for the trip. Thanks for the advice girls.

Mayness: I love VS suits as well!! I just cannot break down and shell out that kind of money for two tiny little peices of material lol. I WILL however shell out the money for their bras, bc it is amazing what a good bra will do for your boobies hehe.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #11  

P.S. This is the one I'm hoping the store has:
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.asp...Id=50455|57437
Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #12  

I'm not sure if you would buy a bathing suit online- but I love Hapari Swimsuits over at hapari.com They have a great selection, great prices, and sooo cute!!!
fitnfunbabe22 is offline   Reply With Quote