Thread: Chicken recipes
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #29
Nori71
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Made a great Easy Chicken Alfredo of sorts tonight. I followed the sauce recipe below with the exception of adding minced garlic. I had "real" parm cheese, and didn't grate it into the blender, but added it to the sauce afterward. Fairly low in calories compared to the original version. Whole family loved it. I steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and topped it with thin slices of red bell peppers at the end. Everyone loved it. Definitely not the rich, buttery, creamy stuff you'll get at Olive Garden, but we thought it was great!.

INGREDIENTS:
8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 3 teaspoons minced onion
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain, and set aside. (I boiled my veggies with the pasta at the same time.)
2. In a food processor, place the milk, flour, cottage cheese, garlic powder, onion, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
3. Transfer the blended mixture to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix in the chicken, and cook until heated through. Serve hot over pasta.

This was the posted information - I didn't double check it and of course I added lots of veggies: Calories 498 (26% from fat) | Protein 41.3g | Fat 14.9g (sat 7g) | Carbohydrate 49.1g | Fiber 2.1g | Cholesterol 79mg | Iron 3mg | Sodium 634mg | Calcium 301mg

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." -M Thatcher

Mini Goals: 5% Weight Loss (288)|10% Weight Loss (273)| No longer morbidly obese (245)
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote