Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #1  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default FitFlops

FitFlops

Does any one have them & do they work? They sell for 50.00 and Bath & body works carrys them. Just wondering if I would be wasting 50.00. Here is the detail on them if you have not heard of them.

Get a workout while you walk! Every step you take in your FitFlops™ improves your core muscle strength, absorbs shock on your feet, knees and back, and strengthens and tones muscles in your feet, legs, buttocks, stomach and back. Half sexy streamlining, half muscle-toning trainer, the FitFlop is the shoe to have this summer. FitFlops load your leg muscles more so you get a workout while you walk. Every step you take while wearing FitFlops helps tone and trim your thighs, calves and glutes via a uniquely built multi-density midsole. In fact, they are engineered to absorb shock, lessen joint strain and recreate the gait of barefoot walking with a powerful new built-in micro-wobbleboard workout-enhancing effect.

http://www.thefitflop.com/
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #2  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114209

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139788

Here are two discussions on these shoes. Hope this helps in your desicion.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #3  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the links!!! I did a search to see if there were already threads started about them, but I think I searched for "flitflops" instead of "fitflops."
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #4  

I don't know if they "work" but I sure like wearing them. I even feel like my posture is better. You definitely feel like you're getting a bit of a workout but it's nice because you're just walking!
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/150

Height: 5'7''

I have a pair, no clue if they really work but they are beyond comfy. I wear mine all the time!
Scarletbegonias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #6  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I'm not sure if I understand what the point of this shoe is. It recreates barefoot walking? is that the point? Micro-wobble board? that sounds like it would give you long term hip and back problems.
people who wear them, what do they feel like? This is just too strange
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

I've had a pair for about a month. I don't know if they're doing anything. MY rear and legs are definately firmer and leaner than they were two months ago, but I think that's more likely due to the treadmill and Fluidity bar.

I wear them anywhere I can get away with it, though, because they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. When they wear out I'll definately replace them. I don't feel off balance or anything when I wear them, but I can tell that they position the feet (and therefore the body) differently than my $2 Old Navy flips do. The heel also feels better supported. I've had no hip or back pain at all.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote