South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 05:49 AM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Friday On the Beach

NO WAY I'm starting The Friday thread?

where are the earlybirds???

off to get ready for work
Old 04-18-2008, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Zippity Doo Dah Friday!!!!

Plenty of sunshine headed our way today, it's going to be in the 80s!

Today will be interesting, the girls have off school and are going in different directions. Maggie is going to a playdate and Audrey has a birthday party to go to. I'll be rounding them up around 3 to take them to their grandparents', where they'll be spending the night. I'm not sure where I'll be all day.

Survivor fans, what did you think of last night's episode? Cirie was right, it was the perfect opportunity to vote Ozzie off. He certainly wasn't expecting that!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #3  

You beat me to it by a minute, Nessa! Good Morning!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:57 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

Good Morning.... MY FIRST TIME! wow....

i don't want to go to work... off to shower and weigh.... I FEEL LIGHT TODAY

i got up wrapped brians legs (after putting on his cream) and now i gotta go to work...

bri's legs are going to be ok in about 6 weeks with wraps and massage for the fluid... the itching... LOL my husband has a yeast infection... there is a god... I told him "imagine what that feels like INSIDE.....

so no kids for you tonite Cottage??
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post

so no kids for you tonite Cottage??
Audrey and Maggie are my little sweethearts that I'm a nanny to. My own kids are both married and out on their own, so Jake and I are empty-nesters.
Your poor DH!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks.

Nessa - Glad to hear things are looking up for Brian. What a relief!

Cottage - It's warm here too, though not that warm. Hope your plans include enjoying the sunshine

Ruth - the hummingbirds are coming. Look here: www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

It's my weekend already. Yesterday I put in for Fridays in May too. I love having three day weekends. Of course it will be really hard when I run out of days but for now I'm enjoying it

I have my to-do list ready to go - planting, cleaning, laundry and as much outdoor exercise as I can fit in. I'm loving exercising outdoors - walking and cycling. It's a very nice change from the treadmill and tv!

I hope to get to the ocean tomorrow. If everything goes well at the vet (and we assume it will) we are going to get out early tomorrow and head for the coast. I love the ocean!

Have a good day.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept in until 6:15 this morning and it felt really good. I think I am hard-wired to sleep for seven hours! Hershey was waiting at the door with her legs crossed.

CyndiM, thanks for the hummer map. I have a note to put out my feeder next week in case the little flying jewels show up early. Usually they show by Mother's Day.

Nessa, isn't it a thrill to start the daily? Hope Brian's leg heals fast. I had a little giggle over a guy with a yeast infection.

Cottage, I'm wishing you another great Mary Poppins day!

Sunshine and 77-80º in the forecast for today and the weekend. That means a good turn-out for the Syrup Festival unless everyone stays home to rake their lawns. By the way, I have no trouble avoiding pancakes, syrup and sausages at the event. If you spend two days at a hot grill cooking the darn things, they lose their appeal. Since I can't stand for very long this year, I'll be working on another project during the festival: we are registering children with the Ontario Police just "in case". I'm the official grandmother presence, complete with rocking chair, cookies and story books.

I plan to take it easy today but may clean off the patio if the rest of the snow is gone. If it gets really hot, Hershey will be wanting her wading pool out there!

Have a great TGIF!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

I'm at work! got here at 7 so i will do at least one hour over maybe 2 to make up for yesterday! eveyr little bit helps.

scale said 221... twice. even. WOW! 19 clean days under my belt....

do this plan the way it's intended and IT WORKS....

May 1st will be TWO YEARS ON THE BEACH and tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary of having my gall bladder out!

wow.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning chicks, and TGIF!!!
Work today as usual, then I'm supposed to meet a friend for some shopping this afternoon, but I may cancel because I don't want to get stuck in traffic and be late for my grandmother's birthday party tonight. She is turning 93 years young! I forgot to buy laundry detergent last week, so my laundry mountain has been growing all week, and I want to get started on that today too. It's a nice day so I can line-dry. We should be sunny and in the 80's today!

Nessa, you ARE the early bird today! And you are evil, enjoying DH's yeast infection! Hopefully no kids for me tonight. I always try and pawn them off on the grandparents on Friday nights. Happy anniversaries and on the weight - now go change your signature!
Cyndi, according to your report, they are arriving here NOW! I will keep an eye out. We used to have lots of hummingbirds around our deck at our old house, and I loved to watch them.
Ruth, hooray for the good weather! Enjoy your grandmotherly duties. When I cook pancakes for the kids I don't have any trouble staying away from them either.

Re: Survivor, I looooved last night's episode. I never thought I would be rooting for Ozzy to be voted off, but I was so glad to see him go. I hate it when a player starts thinking they've got everything wrapped up. And you'd think by now they'd realize that's the quickest way to a ticket home. I loved seeing Amanda's reaction (sh*t, there goes my ride to the end of the game!) It also bugged me how he was with Eliza last week. I thought she was playing a good game and was sorry to see her go. I don't know why everybody dislikes her, but she sure must be annoying around camp when the cameras aren't rolling. It was stupid of Jason to trust them, but I still would have been really mad if they'd double-crossed him.
At this point I don't know how I want it to turn out. Cirie sometimes bugs me, but she's got an amazing social game. I DO know I DON'T want Parvati to win...
Old 04-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It's Friday! and I feel great and I look great. Got on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and after 5 weeks being at the same # the scale moved - I lost 2.2lbs. Still not back to my weight before my world crashed in Sept/Oct but I'm getting closer. I looked in the mirror this morning and boy can I see a difference - Finally!

Nessa congratulation to you for stick with your plan - your right it does work when you have a plan & stick with it. Hope your dh is better soon

Have a great day Cottage & Ruth

Schmoodle 93 years young - thats awesome

Cyndi enjoy your long weekend

Today I am having lunch with dh and of course it's friday family night and dinner will be at chilis (my grandfathers choice) Tomorrow I am thinking of spending the day with my grandmother at the mall & lunch and then me, dh, a friend of ours & her date will be going to the Martina McBride concert. Sunday will be just as busy with church, grocery shopping & dh's softball game - I do plan on trying to check in over the weekend but seems sometimes the time just gets away from me.

Have a great day!

Hello to those not yet here.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Nothing like starting your morning yoga with an earthquake! I am up at 5 every morning and was about half way through my yoga when my windows began to shake. My first thought was wow it wasn't windy when I took the dog out! Then the rattle got worse and I looked over to one of my tables and everything on it was shaking. My second thought was that is some train going through! Breifly the thought of earthquake crossed my mind but I quickly shook it off only to find out later is was a 5.2 centered about 70 miles from us! Not too often we feel that sort of thing here in Indiana!

Survivor was almost as earth moving as also! I was cheering so loud! It is about time these people (and I mean on any reality show) actually follow through with a game changing plan!

Hope all you ladies have a great day, I have to get my behind in gear, it is yet another busy day!

Last edited by Pacergal29; 04-18-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 AM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Gonnabe congrats on 2.2 gone!
Old 04-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Stephanie glad to know your safe - did you have any damage

Thanks Nessa it was tough being stuck for 5 eeks but I kicked butt and made that crumy scale move.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

No damage here, it truly did shake the house like I have never felt before. I remember the one we had back in 1987 but I was in Michigan at the time and didn't feel it nearly like this one. There are times when 70 miles seems like it is far away but when it is the center of an earthquake it is pretty small. Especially when you take into consideration it was felt clear up into Wisconsin and as far south as Tennessee! Hey just an exciting start to my morning!

The news coverage here is almost funny as it has been nonstop since it happened.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I'm late checking in this morning...had a rush for a client I had to finish before I left for school. First class coming in in just a minute...

So, a friend is coming over to sit out on the patio and party this afternoon. Husband asked me to pick up some beer on the way home. I'm not nuts about beer and the calories are out, so I was thinking...I wonder how good Crystal Light and Malibu rum tastes? Pretty sure the rum is a no-no, but I'll just consider it my "cheat" for the month.

I did a little cheat last night. My husband wanted brownies, so I ate a little while we were watching Survivor last night. Tasted great...going down...then it hit my stomach and I was so nauseated that the brownie came back up again. I know, TMI, but it amazed me that one little brownie could make me so sick. I haven't had one in a year.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-18-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Closed Thread