Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again.....#176

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:30 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

Hello ladies how are all my friends today?
I am getting my hair cut today and an associate and I are going to sort through all the genealogy boxes we were given.
I sold 4 books yesterday. We are getting lots of comments on the book. All good so far.

Hope all of you have a great day I'm off to get a shower and eat breakfast. My blueberries are getting ready I picked a bowl full the first of the week.

Catch you all later.

PHEW....I actually did it! I brought Mary's post over here so you all wouldn't miss it!

I am having a great OP day so far. Only used 3 points so far and its 10:30. I am starting to actually feel hungry so I will go get a piece of fruit and some tea or water when I get done here.

oh Dear....now that I over taxed my brain starting the new thread I can't remember what anyone said on the other thread!

I will start fresh here! If you asked me a question then ask me again...I'm not ignoring you..just have a case of CRS. I do remember something Tina mentioned. The chicken flat bread is new and someone on another board called McDonald's headquarters to get the nutritional values and it came out as 10 points each. I haven't seen them here yet but haven't been to mcdonalds in a while now so who knows if its here yet!

I am planning on taking my test on Saturday since John is off this weekend. Hopefully I can still remember all the little do dads of algebra by then. My brain is kinda like a colander. If its useless information I don't retain it. I have lived 42 years without having to use algebra to get by or make money or survive so to me its useless information!

Ok I babbled enough for now! I need to get out of here so the little guy will go to sleep!

TTFN Michelle
Old 06-06-2002, 01:33 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Its me aaaagain!!!

You will be proud of me! I finally broke out the Leslie Sansone Walking dvd's that I bought a few weeks ago. Well maybe a month ago by now! I did the 1 mile workout. I thought it would be too easy but let me tell you...OUCH! Its 18 minutes long and not really that bad but when you haven't exercised in a long long time like me you can really feel it! I didn't get the weights they have but I used my 1 lb walking weights. You don't HAVE to use the weights if you don't want to. It just helps burn the burn that much quicker! And if its quick its for me!! I will have to do the 1 mile walk for at least a week maybe 2 before I go to the 30 minute 2 mile walk. There is also a 49 minute 3 mile walk too! You really don't need much space to do it either. Just right there in that little square in front of your tv. Only thing today was Andrew woke up just before I finished and he kept getting in my way. Then at the cool down part HE wanted milk so I had to do my walking into the kitchen and keep my feet moving while I was pouring milk into a sippy cup! I'm really glad I got those tapes because it is something I can do and it was actually fun and fast! I would highly reccomend them if you are looking for an exercise video.

I also have had a great op day so far too. Last night I picked leaf lettuce from the garden and washed it. Then today I put them in a bowl and poured a little balsamic vinegar on them and shook them up and left them on the counter. While I was fixing my lunch I was munching on them. Then this afternoon each time I walked into the kitchen for something I grabbed a piece or two. And all for NO POINTS! This is progress!!

Ok enough of me now...Baylee...overtime huh? wanna share the money with me???? Water exercise is great. I miss the pool at the Y now. We stopped our membership when I got laid off. I would use the treadmill for an hour then into the pool I would go for a half hour. It was so relaxing and refreshing!

About the financial aid thing again...I just need to clarify this. THe form I mailed for fall 2002 is that good for winter 2003, spring 2003 too? and summer 2003? And then I fill out another one for fall 2003?

OR

The one I filled out for fall 2002 is good for fall 2002 and I have to fill out another one for winter and spring and summer 2003?

I know...I am such a pain! This is all new to me!

OK TTFN my little baby boy wants some attention!

Michelle
Old 06-06-2002, 06:53 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I'm here for half a minute. DH got home and the oldest is gone to school and the youngest flew out to St. Louis this morning so guess who's alone? You guessed it! Him and Me!

Michelle: Great job starting the new thread! Thanks. * As for the financial aid; the FAFSA form you filled out this spring is good for Fall 2002 through this time next year. If February or March of 2003 you should fill out another one and that one will be for Fall 2003 through the following Spring of 2004. I hate to quote Spring, Winter and Fall so much because it's confusing. The semester names of Spring, Winter and Fall don't necessarily coincide with the seasons of Spring, Winter and Fall so that's why it becomes confusing. Think of it as the 2002-2003 school year and the 2003-2004 school year. That's how FAFSA determines it and it's a little easier to understand that way.

Mary: It sounds like you'll be getting those books sold little by little. It's still a big job. Let us know what kind of cool stuff was in the geneology boxes.

Malia: I love to be outside, but my family doesn't enjoy it much so we're pretty much housebound all summer long.

Baylee: You hit my situation square on the head. I'm on the go and in a hurry all the time and it's just so much easier to grab quick, 'junk' stuff to eat than it is to plan ahead and make a meal when I get home. The funny thing is I could slow down, there's no one pushing me to do all this work, it's just like I'm adicted to it or something.

I'm gonna run. DH is sitting by himself in the family room. I'm sure he'll be asleep any minute if I don't go roust him! See ya later.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:12 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hey hey, what's up today?

I can't believe this is the first I've even LOOKED at the computer today...been busy getting ready for our camping weekend. It's probably better that I haven't been here so much...I could SWEAR that I am getting (or have) carpal tunnel syndrome. After being on line for a while, my hand falls asleep...and there's pain in the wrist and up my arm. I use the computer all night long at work too, so I may have to start limiting the time I spend here...not STOPPING, mind you...maybe just get my fix all in one shot instead of every time I walk past the computer! I CAN'T leave you guys!!!

2cute, so sorry about your sister, you sure have been hit with the family woes this year! I'm sorry. I wish there was something that I could do or say. Just know we're here when you need us!

Michelle, that Leslie Sansone tape sounds good...I may need a "back up" for the days I am simply too tired to get to the gym...will check out her website. Good luck on your test.

Tina...Great job baby stepping...it's the only way to do this. When we look at the BIG picture, it just seems impossible...one step at a time...slower, but definitely surer!

Baylee...I sure was snoozing when you posted that...but not for long. DH and I hit Costco to stock up for this camp-out...geez for what I've spent so far, I could be staying a night in a 5 star hotel!

Mary...that chicken wrap sounds good...I may have to check out Micky D's once again, haven't been there in years.

Thin...Oooh, get out the bath gels and rubber duckies...honey's comin' home! Have fun, you incorrigible kids!

Malia...I am so ready for some body surfing! The ocean is still a wee bit too cold for swimming, but I look forward to a good day at the beach...I'm planning on going with my sis Monday, weather permitting. (we wanted a day BEFORE school gets out!) I hope you feel better. Some restful time in the garden should help!

Lucky...party girl! Come back and tell us about your latest adventures.

Back to packing for me...I'll stop in tomorrow before we leave...we're going down to Maryland, some place on the Chesapeake Bay...pray for good weather for me!

I am thankful for each one of you, for what you bring to these boards and for letting me know that I am not alone in this journey.

Have a great night!
Old 06-06-2002, 08:01 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

There were 300 some odd books in the genealogy boxes a lot of then real thin pamplet style books.

7 boxes of files and notes we have to sort and file. some old photos one of the lady made in 1928.

a diet I will have to copy and send to you its cute.

I sold 5 books today.

I'm tired but I did cook dh a god dinner.

be back later
Old 06-06-2002, 09:01 PM   #7  

Guess what, I have been raking!!!!!

I have to read all the posts but it is starting to storm here and I have to get off this computer.

Last year I got hit by lightening (the computer) and it fried my modem.....

As Kat posted, I have been doing it my way and think that's the best way but have been stalled. I find when I read something we should or shouldn't be doing and I don't or do do it I change my plan and it messes me up. Oh well, I will figure this out. I am leaning towards the "menopause" way of eating since that will be here for me soon....

Byyyyyyy for now...Hope my plants survive.
Old 06-07-2002, 12:33 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

This is very discouraging....no one has been here since 9 pm last night!
Old 06-07-2002, 01:41 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

I'm here! I'm here! Well, I won't be for long, we're leaving around 4:00, as soon as my son gets home from school...it will take us about 3 1/2 hrs to get where we're going. The rain seems to be gone, but the sun keeps going in and out...when it's out, it's gorgeous! Cool and breezy, perfect for camping...I don't want it too hot or too cold...hopefully it will be just right! Fingers are crossed.

I have been packing our food, and I must say I am well prepared for this venture. I filled a big Tupperware bowl with watermelon and cantelope chunks and strawberries. I have veggies cut up and ready to nibble. A big garden salad already made. Baked beans instead of potato salad (even held the bacon!) I made mini muffins to have in the AM...using fat free Krusteaz muffin mix. Brown and serve sausage patties for the guys for breakfast and a small package of the 'lite' version for myself. WOWs Tostitos and salsa. Don't get me wrong, there's burgers and dogs too, even the fixin's for S'mores...but with lots of good stuff to balance it out, I'm sure I will be fine.

I hope everyone has a grand weekend! Good weather for all, I say!

I'll be back Sunday night...see you all then!

Old 06-07-2002, 01:44 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Baylee...we must have posted at the same time...MMMMM! That stew looks GOOD! Will definitely try it when I get back!

bye bye!
Old 06-07-2002, 08:47 PM   #11  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Hi everyone

Hello all,

Yes I have been hiding. I have been doing terribly the last 3 weeks. I have probably gained about 6 pounds, but don't know for sure, since I haven't gone to WW in 2 weeks. I am going tomorrow, despite the fact of a major gain. I feel terrible, but on the bright side, I have stayed OP for 4 out of the last 5 days. I even started walking again. My sister-in-law joined WW last week, so I am hoping to use her as motivation for myself. I just don't know what the heck is going on with me, but I need to snap out of it.

I will try to check in this weekend with my official gain amount.

Susie
Old 06-07-2002, 09:34 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Hello!!!

It's me......it's me! Your friend from Tennessee!! I am here! 4 days OP and counting!! Things have been pretty good so far. I am staying strong. I had some really good chicken salad for dinner. I made it myself. No special recipe. I use one can of chicken breast meat, drained (the size of a tuna can) one stalk of celery-chopped, one half of a medium onion-chopped, 1/2 cup water chestnuts-chopped, 1 tablespoon lite mayo and 2 tablespoon light ranch dressing. I also add a little salt, pepper, garlic salt and chicken seasoning. I mix it all together and eat it with some low fat Triscuits and a bread and butter pickle. MMMMMMM! So good!!
Nothing real exciting to report..............got up, went to work, came home, went to the grocery store, came home-fixed dinner, and hopped on the computer real quick before I go to bed. I know, boring.........boring...........boring. But someone's got to do it, right?
My in-laws are going to Daytona, Fl. in July and have invited us to go along. That in itself is enough to give you a headache, but we will have our own hotel room and we will be bringing our own car, so it shouldn't be too bad. Last time we all went, we went in the SAME car and stayed in the SAME room and we had to come back a day early because the arguing was too intense. For some reason, when we get into that type of a situation with dh's parents, they seem to think we are their youngin's and think they can tell us what to do and that doesn't fly with me! So, as long as we have our own living and breathing space, we should be ok. I called my boss to give her plenty of notice that I would need a couple of days off, and of course she gave me grief about it. I told her I needed to know for sure, because reservations had to be made. She told me "tenatively" yes. What is this "TENATIVELY" about?!!! I am telling you this right now girls......and you better mark it down, when the time comes, if she has me on the schedule........I will quit. I am so tired of this bull crap I can't stand it. I have been there longer than anyone except for one person and everytime I have asked for time off, I have been told no, and I am sick of it. I work too hard and am too good of an employee to be treated in this way. This woman is driving me crazy. Her first response to me when I told her today was, "SO, YOU EXPECT ME TO MAKE UP THE SCHEDULE ONE AND A HALF MONTHS IN ADVANCE?!!" I type that in all caps because she raised her voice to me. Ok, I'm going to stop talking about it now, because it is making me ill. If the Lord is willing, maybe I will have another job by then and won't even have to worry about it.
Well, sorry I had to run my mouth for awhile, but who better to run it to than you guys? I'm going to hop off of here for now, but I will talk to you tomorrow! Thanks for listening to the rambling. hehe....

Tina
Old 06-08-2002, 07:57 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hey where is everyone? Sleeping in I guess.
I have to work today 9-12 and then have a genealogy meeting with elections.

Hope all have a great day talk later
Old 06-08-2002, 08:34 AM   #14  

Algebra, ick, Michelle….Good luck, I hope some of those colander holes plug up for you long enough to ACE that test.

Baylee, I just don’t know what to do about the dieting issue. I believe the best way is the one I mentioned, Menopause guideline one, but would like a jump start. I have vacation in a week so until that is over I probably won’t really diet anyway. Have you had any of the storms that came through this week. None here, but no rain either.

I know it’s easy to spend a lot of time on this computer. I have a list of things I want to look up and learn about, answering my email and posting here can take substantial time out of the day. Maybe I need a “daytimer” for my computer time!

I painted and mowed last night so when I get home from work today I will probably do some cleaning. My sisters and their families are coming for a week, starting the 15th, so I have a lot to get done this week.

Summer always gets slow on the boards. Hang in there, everyone will return, eventually!
Old 06-08-2002, 05:00 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down It's me again............

Waaaaaaa............. Where is everybody? Well, I know Michelle is taking her test, 2cute is gone to see her sister, Thin is probably working, Kat is camping...........man, I need to get out and get busy! Actually, I have been up since 6:00 am. I worked from 7-3 and then me and dh went to our local hardware store.....fun fun fun! Actually, I do have something planned for tonight.........me, dh and the boys are going to the drive in. I am taking fat free pringles, (not in a popcorny mood today) diet coke, a couple of sweet escapes and maybe a pickle or two. Not sure......but I will be ready to combat all those big fattening items that are oh so available at the consession stand. Nachos, pizza, corndogs, icecream, cotton candy, all types of candy bars, <<<YOU STAY AWAY FROM ME EVIL DOERS!
I would also like to report I have now been OP for 5 whole days! Pretty good huh?

Well guys, I'm gonna hope on out of here for now! I mercifully, have tomorrow off, so I may actually get to stay up a little late tonight and I'll try to come back!

Tina
Closed Thread