The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default shameless plug.. maybe? re: biggest loser

I have never watched biggest loser before.. until last night. Wow! Did these people lose this weight in 4 months? That's insane! And not one of them has lose skin? wow.

My husband is a geeky guy and his company knows someone who is the manager of the pink team (or something like that...).. Ali.. the winner. They did a web site for the pink team. www.gopinkteam.com

Out of the 3 finalists - I think Ali is going to be big. I think she is going to be an excellent motivational speaker. I was shocked at her results!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

They said on last night's show "it all began 6 months ago" so I think they lost it over that period of time (still amazing), and they also said they were only at home 6 weeks, so that is a shorter time than usual to be home before the finale. It is very motivating, but you have to realize normal results are going to be slower because we can't commit full time to working out...Jillian said on the Today Show that it was 8, sometimes 10 hour days working on this, so obviously with that kind of commitment and time amazing things can happen. BUT what we accomplish on our own is amazing as well.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Once I heard them mention "5 months" on the show, and then at another time they mentioned a number of weeks (I forgot the number) but did not correspond with 5 months. So I don't know. It definitely was much longer than just the number of weeks the show aired in.

Thanks for the link.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I do know the finalists had a much shorter time at home this time (6 weeks) than usual (10 weeks).
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Also, many of them do have loose skin. It's hard to notice at the finale, but I have heard that some of the contestants get a body tuck following the show. I would think it would be mostly in the stomach anyway. You notice it during earlier weigh-ins when they wear sports bras instead of the tanks.

And yeah, they're working out a minimum of 4hrs a day to pull those numbers. Not bad if that's the only thing you have to do the whole time you're there. Haha.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
Once I heard them mention "5 months" on the show, and then at another time they mentioned a number of weeks (I forgot the number) but did not correspond with 5 months. So I don't know. It definitely was much longer than just the number of weeks the show aired in.

Thanks for the link.
I think the show runs for 13 weeks, but its been publicly stated by the contestents that they sometimes weigh in every 2 weeks and some times twice in one week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charbar
And not one of them has lose skin?
If you look at Mark's armpits and Roger's jowls you might think otherwise.