Old 04-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #1  

Default > FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #4

Hi!
We needed a new thread.

Congrats to everyone on here because we are here.
Jen,
I missed you!!!!
TERRI

STATS of The Biggest Loser contestants.

ALI is in the lead!
Ali –weight at end of week 14 = 146 weight lost = 11 final weight = 135#, episode % = 7.53%
Starting weight = 234#, overall loss of 99#, overall % = 42.31%

Kelly - weight at end of week 14 = 191 weight lost = 13 final weight = 178#, episode % = 6.81%
Starting weight = 271#, overall loss of 93#, overall % =34.32%

Mark - weight at end of week 14 = should be 182, but BL listed as 181 weight lost = 12 final weight = 169# according to BL, episode % =6.63%
Starting weight = 285#, overall loss of 116#, overall % =40.70%

Roger - weight at end of week 14 = 234 weight lost = 15, final weight = 219#, episode % =6.41%
Starting weight = 363#, overall loss of 144#, overall % =39.67%

Last edited by points; 04-09-2008 at 10:30 AM.
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

My girl Ali!! Go Ali!! Wow, the women did it again last night - unbelievable. We may have a woman winner after all. Ali has lost the most of any woman ever - 99 lbs.! Roger got a little break there didn't he - he knew he would be the one to go and now with the little twist of having America vote, he might just pull it off and stay. We'll see. To be honest, I thought the 3 finalists should have been Ali, Mark & Roger, but Kelly did do really well yesterday. They are all looking good!

Hi Jen! I missed you too. to be honest, I'd rather have it behind me then in front of me (stomach),

Hi everyone just popped in to remark on TBL.

Be back later, have a great day!

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Dianne! I totally agree! The 3 finalists should have been Ali, Mark & Roger!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #4  

Kelli could kick it into high gear and amaze us. I remember Julie and Holly amazed me at the finale last year. If Mark came back the girls would have a better chance but I like Roger. He is a Bama boy. He could shock us like Erik
did 2 seasons ago.
They all deserve to win. I would like Curtis t win the at home money. I loved him. He lost 1oo already when they came back. Mark just beat him.

You can vote 100 times on the nbc site.
Terri
Old 04-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HI
TGIF! Joe is picking up Brandon and Matt, they'll spend the weekend with us. They're growing so quickly. I'll see if I can get some pics this weekend and post one.

Joe and I have booked our very first cruise! We're sailing from New Orleans (my favorite place! we'll be there for 3 days) to Cozumel, Belize and Guatemala, a 7 day cruise.
It's not until next Feb., so we've got a bit of a wait. My brother and SIL are going as well; we always have a great time when we travel together and I"m looking forward to it.
Now to lose some weight......

All of you are doing so well. I read the posts every day and am slowly but surely making changes. It's not as easy as it used to be, that's for sure.

Es and Sandy, hope all is well. Hi to everyone else!
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 04-11-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #6  

Good mornin' everyone:

Hi Jar - who's your favorite for the win on TBL? Mine, in case you can't tell is Ali.

Jen - Very exciting about your 1st cruise- you're gonna love it. Willie & I are going to Honduras, Cayman Island & Cozumel in September with my son and his girlfriend. We went to Cozumel on our first cruise. You have lots of time to prepare. The ship usually has a walking track and a gym. I always looked at the gym, but never used it, lol.

Hi ZoeGirl, Es, Ruthie, Sandy & Shy : How is everyone this beautiful day?

Tonight we are celebrating Alana's 25th birthday - I'm leaving early to prepare. Her actual birthday is Sunday, but she and Sal have weekend plans to celebrate so everyone will come to our house tonight.

If I don't get back here, everyone have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-11-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #7  

Jen,
I know you will have a wonderful weekend with the boys. I know my kids loved when they spent nights at relatives. Only in Ohio though. (
I know you will enjoy that cruise. So exciting.

Dianne,
Happy birthday to Alana. 25 already. wow!

Terri

Last edited by points; 04-11-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #8  

Hi ladies...well I was hoping for 172.8 this morning, but I was actually at 173.2...OH WELL!!! I'm trilled. I am almost down 20 lbs from the holidays and almost 12 since back on weight watchers.

Jen, how exciting...and you have plenty of time to prepare for it! Maurice and I have talked about taking a cruise one day. Maybe I should book one for next year...it would be extra motivation.

Well, work is calling so I'll check in with ya'll later.
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Monday Morning!!

Hello everyone

Sorry I didn't post my weigh in on Saturday. We went and didn't stay for the meeting because Greg and I were leaving town for a golf weekend with friends, 3 other couples. We went to Oklahoma and played 2 rounds of golf
(36 holes!) and stay over night. We didn't get home until Sunday around
6pm. I was POOPED!!

My weigh in was just "ok". I lost .6 - at least I went DOWN. Last week, losing 3.4 probably made this week a little less. Jenna only lost .5 I think so we both were a little low but again, we've both been losing each week -with the exception of that one week that I remained exactly the same. I'm happy with the results we've had.

The bad news: the weekend didn't find me in a very "points friendly" environment. As a matter of fact, it was pretty bad. But, we all have those little "falls" and today, Monday, I am back on track and going to do great. I will eat my daily points every day and just consider my flex pts gone. Obviously, MORE than just my flex points are gone but I can't just eat nothing for the next 5 days. that wouldn't be good......

Dianne ~ I have been told that gaining .2 is the sam as maintaining too. I think you can honestly say it is. The very first thing I do when I walk into the WW meeting.....PEE

Shy ~ I wear the exact same clothes to WW.....it's my "weigh in uniform".

Ruth ~ I can relate to you what you said about not wanting to put makeup on or fix your hair. I was saying that same thing to my friend over the weekend. When I feel fat, I don't want to wear sandals, don't want to wear capris, don't want to shop for new cloths. I just feel like I look like a moose. But now, even though I'm still "fat", I feel better and can actually wear those things and although I still don't want to shop, I feel so much better with about 15 pounds lost. (Jenna and I have lost about the same)

Jen ~ great to see you here again!

Hi everyone else.......gotta run and do a few things around the house. I just LOVE having Monday's off!!!
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #10  

Yay!!! Ali my girl - 1st Biggest Loser Woman!!! And Bernie - $100,000, so great. Alana, Sal & I had a Biggest Loser Finale party last night. They brought over healthy snacks and ff popcorn. It was fun. Everyone looked absolutely fantastic and all had so much to be proud of.

Just coming in to say Will be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #11  

YAY Ali. I did feel for Kelly though when she came out the audience went nuts and Ali kept saying how she would be the first female biggest loser.
Kelly looked like she was hurt. Of course she always looked hurt. LOL
I thought they all looked great. That was fun.

Dianne,
What a good idea with the Biggest Loser party. FUN!!!

Zoe,
Still going down. Great to you and Jenna. You are still losing.

Ruth,
Only .4 away. You are doing great.

Britts is now in a size 10. She is so happy. She is in her 150's and so happy.
I hope you all have a great middle of the week. I was thinking the weekend was here.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #12  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Brittany must be thrilled! Good for her. You've been a great inspiration to her as well, always focused on healthy eating and setting a great example.

Dianne,
That was a great idea for the BL finale. How are the newlyweds doing? Joey and Iliana's 2nd anniversary is next month! They're so good together, I'm very pleased that they found each other.

Have to get ready for work, see you later.
HI to Es, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth, Rennie...Susan where are you? ...and anyone else I may have missed.

~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi Buds!

It's Thursday and I'm off today. Yeah! I have some things to do but will have some free time too.

On the BL issue ~ am I the only one who didn't want Ali to win?? I mean, sure, finally a girl won but I was SO wanting it to be Roger. Ok, I'll admit, the before and after's of Ali are amazing. I mean, she is so skinny !! But then, Roger looks amazing too.

So I will sit in my corner, wishing it was Roger but secretly enjoying that it was finally a female.

Terri ~ congrats to Brittany!! That is my own goal, to get to my size 10's again, like I was 6 yrs ago.

Dianne ~ A BL party, how much fun is that!?!?! I wish I would have thought of that.....we have so many friends that watch it too. Like when we had a Survivor party a few years ago. Geeze, they do it for football, why not for our fav's too....

Hello everyone else.....have a great Thursday.
Talk to you's later!
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #14  

Thanks Diane and jen. britts is so excited.

Jen,
Congrats to Joey and Iliana. That is so cool!!!!!

Zoe,
I wanted Kelly or Roger first. I thought Ali was a little too sure of herself (even though she was right) before she weighed. She kind of counted Roger and Kelly out. They all deserved it. I hope she can keep it off. She had a lot of frozen yogurt out when she talked about eating.
Paul is real sick. He had pneumonia and then appendicitis and then had to have some of his colon removed. They say he lost a lot of weight because of this. If I see a pic. of him I will let you know.

Today is Brandon’s 17th birthday. Where did the time go? He will be a senior. We are going to a Chinese restaurant tonight. I will eat nothing fried. I will fill up on veggies.

Bruce is going to Scotland in Sept. and he wants me to go. I think I will. I have 5 months. I want to be comfortable so I am stepping it up.
I will get my sister to come down to supervise. I don’t want to lay it all on my daughter. She will be working and going to school.
Have a great day.
Terri
Old 04-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #15  

Good day Ladies:

Terri: to Brandon - wow 17! Holy Moly, I think I remember him being 9 or 10 lol. Congrat to Britts, she's doing great. I am now in size 10 and hoping to stay there! I can go so easily from 10 to 12, lol. I felt a little bad for Kelly, but not too much, lol - I have to say that her constant crying in the beginning really turned me off. Mark's constant crying at the end did too, lol!

ZoeGirl: I wouldn't have minded if Roger or Mark won, but I just think that Ali was sooooooooo focused and really wanting this (and not so much for the money) and I was happy that there was finally a woman loser - it only took 5 years

In truth, they all (including the ones at home) did a fantastic job. It makes me think, how can I not lose 10 lbs. when look at them! Then again, I'm not doing the kind of exercise they did and for 6 to 8 hrs. a day!

Jen - congrats to Joe and Iliana on their 2nd wedding anniversary, cool. Are they planning on any little Joey's??? or Iliana's??? My newlyweds are doing well, they teach at the same school so they spend a lot of time together. I took Alana on a shopping spree for her birthday and we were actually alone - I couldn't believe it, lol. It was fun. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself 'cause I don't get to spend alot of time with her, but that's life, isn't it? I thank God they live close by and didn't move to North Carolina like they first spoke about!

Es, amiga, come out, come out wherever you are - I really miss you
Hope you're feeling well.

Hi Shy, Ruthie and Sandy - how are you guys doing?

Willie and I have been walking a track at the local college every night (except BL night of course). So that's been helpful in maintaining at least. I'll see tomorrow if I've lost anything. Couldn't be much - I haven't been doing so great eating wise, but I'll get back on track. I really only need to lose about 2 lbs. for the ww goal, but my personal goal is about 9 lbs. away.

Well, gotta run - have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-18-2008 at 12:43 PM.