Thread: Magic Foods
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
meowee
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Magic Foods

Hi everybody . . . . . . I'm Linda and I usually post in the Diabetes Forum. However, I recently read a book that so caught my attention that I thought a lot of us could benefit from the information it contained. After some PM discussions with Jennifer of the PCOS/Insulin Resistance Forum, we decided this would probably be the best place for a review.

The book is called Magic Foods for Better Blood Sugar and was written by Robert A. Barnett, Christine L. Pelkman, and Densie Webb. It caught my eye because I was familiar with another book that Mr. Barnett co-authored.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going to attempt a fairly in-depth review by adding to this thread on a more or less daily basis. So I do hope you won't get too bored seeing my cat, Purrecious, and her semi-sarcastic look peeking out at you from my Avatar.

Before we actually discuss the Magic Foods of which there are over 50 reviewed in the book, we need to set a little background information in place . . . so for today's chapter . . . let's discuss the connection between several of today's worst health challenges and roller-coaster bood sugar levels . . .

meowee is offline   Reply With Quote