Old 04-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting Over... with 3FC.

So.
Wow.
I haven't been on the forums in ages. Which is terrible, because it was my number one motivator.

Three days ago I finished my final exams, and in three more days, I will be leaving residence forever. At the beginning of university, I weighed 138 lbs soaking wet, and thought I was a whale. Over the ensuing three years at university, ALL of which were spent in residence, eating cafeteria food and vending machine goodies, I managed to sky-rocket up to at one point 176 lbs.

I was on here DAILY for weeks. These forums became my replacement for overeating junk food, I lived and breathed this place, and in a month, I lost 12 lbs. You ladies were fantastic, you were support, you were great, and I never felt better, or more optimistic.

Then I got a second job. My Tuesday-Thursday+One extra day a week at the gym routine turned into Tuesday and Thursday morning working at my second job. From 8 am until my classes started for the day at 2:30 I worked, all the while fueled by sugar-free coffee, but suddenly.. 3 days a week at the gym turned into one... and then none... and eventually the junk food and sedentary attitude all started to creep back into my hyped-up, stressed-up, panicked and exams-and-final-assignments-ridden life.

Ladies... ladies. I am done my exams. I am done my third year of university. And in a matter of weeks, I will be moving into my VERY FIRST off-campus house and out of residence FOR GOOD (now that I've quit my job as a Residence Assistant, partially for my health and sanity-- no more being paged at 5 am, or eating at res cafeterias!!!)!

My future housemates are all ****-bent on being healthy and happy this summer, and I'm getting myself fueled up and pumped up to get myself back on the healthy train!

All of this being said and done, I'm petrified.. absolutely petrified to weigh myself again and find that I'm back up at 170 after having seen 159 on the scale a couple of times. I remember hearing people on the forums say they were afraid to see the number, and I remember thinking, even saying, "Don't be afraid! Get back on there, get that starting number, and know that you are going to change your habits, change your life and change that number! "
And now I'm staring at my scale and thinking how I can't bear to come back here and delete my weight loss trackers and shunt my numbers back up to the beginning and feel all that failure on my shoulders.
I deigned to measure my waist the other day and it's back to where it was before. Someone should've had a measuring tape to check my height at that point-- it dropped a good few inches as my shoulders slumped in frustration and sadness.

So, today started my new regime, my new "attempt" if you will. Hopefully my last attempt. I'm sick of "attempts," I want things to change, I want to learn to say "no thanks, I don't want to split a pizza with you at 4 am," I want to be able to sit across from someone eating junk and not long to steal a handful of fries.

Also, I want to add this in, as it is motivation--- NOT the reason behind my desire to lose weight (No, before anyone pipes up, my weight loss desires are not based on a guy, perish the thought!).
I was in Ireland for the summer for four months. I was never small, even there, but I was a handful of pounds lighter when I was living there, simply as a result of having had my own kitchen.. and I met a boy. An Irish one. (A pretty one.) And he... is coming to Canada to see me... next month. About 1 month from now exactly. Honestly, I'll never give myself a "I have to lose ___ lbs before Irish Boy arrives!!" type of goal... but my goal moreso is to feel happier, healthier and more confident in my own skin when he arrives, so I can focus more on my relationship with him, and less on my own insecurities.

Doable? I hope so!
So, I'm asking for support, and advice and everything that I know all you 3FC chicas are fantastic at... and a big ol' shout-out to the regulars from a few months ago, who watched my successes, but have missed all my failures. I missed you all!

Last edited by Jelbb; 04-16-2008 at 01:28 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:32 AM   #2  
Jazzercise away the fat!!

S/C/G: 215/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Good luck!!!1
mamaplots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

back

You can do this!

You're not really starting from square one, even if you were to begin at the same weight, you come here bringing all your knowledge and experience from before. You'll be able to use it to help yourself (and all of us) along the way!

So. What's your next step?

Last edited by Lovely; 04-16-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

back!!!
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Hey, welcome back! Don't be too hard on yourself. I am a college student too, and I have had those jobs that take up all your free time, so I know how difficult it can be to lose weight. I used to manage a small grocery store... imagine all the food I had right at my fingertips! Very bad indeed... I would eat a cheeseburger/fried chicken sandwich a candybar and a soda for lunch every afternoon I was there (or heat up a frozen dinner loaded with calories)... so gross when I think about it now. Now that your situation is changing, you can adapt and start making healthier changes. You also have a nice little support group in your future housemates. Welcome back! Check in often, enjoy the journey, and keep us updated!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #6  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

Good for you for coming back, thats the important thing, not what you've done while away! I've had to do the same before, its ok! The important thing is you're motivated again and ready to get back to working towards health and hotness I'm sure living off campus with your own kitchen and with a bunch of girls all wanting to be healthy will make it that much easier to get back to it!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #7  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Hey hey...I wondered the other day where you had disappeared off too..the board is a much quieter place without you..and I know a lot fo us missed your input. It is always so much easier to advise someone else then your self, I do it for a living and fequently catch my self not doing the basic things I advise other people to do all the time. It is much easier to take advice coming from someone else...so here is mine...Get your start weight, know where you are and move forward from there. Or if you really cant face that number right now, take measurments and work with those until you feel you are moving in the right direction. Someone else mentioned already, you know what to do, you were doing it, life just got a little in the way. Make small changes over the next while to incorporate the things you need to do into the life you are going to ahve now that you are moving out to res. And good luck..we have all been there, each and everyone of us as tryed and slipped, some for days some for months and some for years at a time. Focus on the positive that you are back here after such a small slip up..it could have been 10, 20 or 100 times worse, for many of us it has been. You can and will do this and we are here to help.
(sorry this is so long, I dont normally post much but for some reason felt the need to write an essay for this!)
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/175/140

Good luck! And thanks for your story. I'm going to be a Resident Assistant myself next year and I know I'm going to have to have to pretty much run to stay in place as far as fitness goes. That is why I want to lose weight over the summer, so I'll be able to focus more on maintaining later on.
RagazzaChristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #9  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

I had already responded to your pm before I saw this thread. But I just wanted to add some extra encouragement. You KNOW you can do this. You have done it before.... you can do it again!!!! DONT GIVE UP GIRL!!!

:c arrot:
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #10  
I will do this.

I know how you feel!

I met my fiance on-line and he is from England and I wanted to look my best when he came. So...I crash dieted and lost about 20...and then gained it all back in the first month that he was here! (He is on a F-1 visa for school until we are married)

So, my advice is don't crash diet until he gets here...that only leads to bad things.

And congrats on making it back to 3CF. It's a wonderful place!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back. I understand everything you are saying because I've been there. I was at 300 pounds when I graduated from college (I was overweight when I started but hitting morbid obesity at graudation was a shocker). Hopefully like will be easier this time around. You have the knowledge from before, you have the skills from before, and you have the support here. Keep coming back (it works!). Hopefully now your life will slow down a bit and you will be able to stick with things a little better.

Good luck and welcome back!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Hey ladies!
Thanks for all of your support, it's great to be back.

Faerie:
Well, I played an hour and a half of volleyball with my students yesterday and woke up this morning with every muscle in my body aching. Which.. firstly, tells me how out of shape I am... but also tells me that I got something done! I've got boxes to move today, which'll add in some more exercise, and now I've just gotta try and keep myself moving! Ontop of that, I'm doing the healthy thing, I've been eating well for the past few days, and I'm pumped!

LittleMoonRabbit:
Yeah, I worked in a grocery store for 3 and a half years, and man... all that food accessible all the time is just.. bad news bears. Thankfully my job right now has nothin' to do with food!

caroline:
Yeah, I think you're right-- having my own kitchen is probably gonna do a lot to help. I'm a pretty good shopper, my mom got me into the habit. I tend to get healthy food, it's when I'm at home bored that I start craving junk-- and when you live in res, I mean.. I don't even have to leave the building to get it. :P

irishkat:
You're totally right, sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else. And even just having you be like, "Yo. Get that starting number." Totally helped out!
I am at 165.4!! I hadn't even gained as much as I thought I had! Granted, I probably lost some of the muscle weight that I'd been gaining while I was working out every other day... but still, it's nice to know I'm SO not back where I started, you know?

Whoops, gotta go, more updates later!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Welcome "home!"
I know how you feel... I had lost 90+ pounds back in 2003 (from 215 to 124).. and then I married (another "foreigner" here! lol.. my DH is from Holland).. and we had a child.. and I regained to 197. Ick! So, I know how it feels to "re-start". BUT, don't beat yourself up- seriously. The only thing matters is that you're back and doing it!!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #14  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Wow. Can I just tell you I can totally relate.

I dropped 40 pounds last summer. This site was definetly my main motivator. I was here on a daily basis. Then I started my third year of college and between the late nights, snacks, drinking, and dorm food, let go of my healthy ways. I'm a resident assistent as well, I feel your pain on those 5 am calls.

Thankfully despite everything I only managed to gain back 7 pounds, but those 7 pounds feel like 100. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I play volleyball and basketball in college, which has helped. But I want to get back to the pace I was this summer so I can finally get off all this extra weight.

I came back two days ago and am determined to be sucessful this time.

Welcome back and keep up with this site. There's just something about it, the support and encouragement, that really helps. You can do it!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

So then! Awesome job being 165.4 And then starting to move more & having eaten healthy for the past few days!!! Fantastic! Woo-hoo!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote