South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #1  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Default Tantalizing Tuesday

Morning all...am I REALLY first this morning???

Cold here. Got down in the low 30's, so we had to hustle last night to cover all the new babies in the garden.

My son's duck decided to "peep" late into the night, husband snored and I didn't get much sleep. ugh. Come on, coffee!! I fixed a huge frittata yesterday, so at least we have a quick breakfast today (and enough for tomorrow too.!)
Old 04-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Terrific Tuesday Beach Chat

Coffee's on! Come pour yourself a cup and let's sit and chat for a bit.

I just put some chicken breasts in the oven for Chicken Divan for supper. I'll put together the casserole when I get back from Curves. I'm going to try to attack that WATP workout again, too. I'm determined not to let it get the better of me. I had a terrific day of eating clean yesterday, I'm going to fit back into my favorite jeans in no time! Last evening little Maggie handed me her half-eaten dish of ice cream and said she had enough. I stared at it, wanting to eat it so bad. Instead, I offered it to Audrey, and she eagerly gobbled it up.
So one clean day under my belt, I'm hoping today will be another good one.

Good morning, Cat! Yep, you were here first today! Thanks for getting us started! It's cold here this morning, too. We were in the mid 30s overnight, but it's supposed to gradually warm up all week and be in the high 70s by Thursday!!!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-15-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fffffffrosty here this morning so no coffee on the deck. Sunshine and much higher temperatures are in store for the rest of the week though - maybe 70 on Thursday!

Yesterday I looked in vain for my big garden cart. I was convinced someone had stolen it from the barn when I spotted a handle peeking out of a snow mountain! Since the mountain is 60? ice, it'll be a while before my cart appears. I'll have to make do with the wheelbarrow.

This morning I'm off to the ortho surgeon for a routine check. I have some questions for him including one about how to get rid of the swelling in my knee. My garden pants don't fit properly - the right leg looks like a "flood" - not that I worry too much about fashion when I'm gardening! The trip to the gym yesterday was good and I don't feel any more aches and pains than usual. I'll be doing that MWF from now on. I love the endorphin rush!

This afternoon I'll do a bit of yard work and then take Hershey to do pet therapy at the nursing home. She just loves it and rushes to the door as soon as I let her out of the car. She's on leash when we get inside for safety reasons. Tonight I plan to relax with diet gingerale and watch American Idol. I watch for creepy crawlies in Jason's dreads.

See y'all later.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Never got back here to post again yesterday, but just wanted to say -
Kier - 90lbs!!!!!! That is so amazing!
And Nessa, how is DH? Is he still in the hospital?
And tk, you mentioned you were looking for things for DS to get involved in. I think you're right, every kid needs something they enjoy that can help build up their confidence. Didn't you say you guys had grounded him from Scouts? You might want to reconsider that, since Scouts can help him bond with a group of kids, and also they focus a lot on character-building.
Good morning Cat, tell that chick to peep down!
cottage, mmm, chicken divan, I made that last week. So yummy! Good luck with the WATP, I just bought the 4 mile super fat burner, and it's good! No weights though, I wish she used weights in all of them.
Oh Ruth, I'm glad you're getting some spring weather finally! Sounds like you are getting right back into your routine!

Last night DD and I found some Tokyo Mew Mew clip art and made some birthday party invitations - she is a big anime fan. She is turning 10 in two weeks and we are doing a roller skating party. Then I went upstairs to read at 8:00, until time to tuck the kids in, and the next thing I knew it was this morning! I guess DH shooed them to bed at the appropriate hour. Don't know why I get so tired sometimes, but I feel good this morning!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:08 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, we are so hoping that they make Jason cut his hair! I do enjoy his style, though. He seems so laid back and genuine. My in-laws can't stand him, though. They've got a dreadlock predjudice!

Linda, does Maggie give classes? I've been a member of the Clean Plate Club my whole life and I really struggle with leaving food on my plate. I've found coping techniques, like serving myself smaller portions and boxing up half a restaurant meal before I even begin, but that really doesn't solve the compulsion to finish what's on the plate. I guess when I'm rich and famous my personal psychologist can work on it with me.

Cat, glad you got your workout in this morning! I've got mushrooms sauteeing on the stove for a frittata over here! Must be frittata week.

Schmoodle, we got caught in the simulposting of the morning! Have fun with the roller skating party planning!

We're leaving to take the car for its grand trip across the Atlantic today. The kids are staying with my grandparents for the day. Think my grandparents will get a good night's sleep tonight?! No point in dragging them all the way to Baltimore just to drive right back again. My dad, luckily, has an office in Baltimore and is meeting me at the drop-off place and then taking me out to lunch. Yay! Daddy-daughter time! It'll be a busy but productive day. I got packed last night so that's out of the way...just have to throw the toothbrushes and such in at the last minute as usual.

Have a good Tuesday all!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 04-15-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

tk, I was thinking about this also and have you thought about martial arts?

I'm asking because when my youngest son was that age, my husband "drug" him to a class a friend of his at the University was teaching. (aiki jutsu) This kid was NOT into sports at all and REALLY did not want to go to this class even though my husband told him he did not have to go back if he didn't like it. He was always the kid looking for bugs, reading books and thinking about dinosaurs. Real smart kid, but not terribly social with kids his age because he didn't have a lot in common with them. He had a very very small circle of friends who were also "bookish". After the first class, he decided he LOVED it and was teaching the class by the time he was a junior in high school. It was just this little 7th grader in the class and the rest all college kids.

It gave him a lot of confidence. This class does NOT promote violence in any way. The first day he was taught to always try to talk your way out of a situation, then to walk away from it, then to ONLY use what he is taught if his life in truly in danger. It really teaches that stregnth comes from within and how to handle life's challenges peacefully. He is now a senior in college and still running the dojo at the University. He got his 3rd degree black belt a few weeks ago.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-15-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #7  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

ladies! Good morning to ya.

It's a bit on the cold side here this morning and the high is only suppose to be 60.

Cat up bright and early getting a jump on the day - hope it's a great one

Cottage chicken divan how delish. You have the right attitude about those jeans and whose to say that when the time comes they won't be too big. Stay away from the ice cream it won't make anything any better I promise.

Ruth enjoy your evening looking for creepy crawlies

Schmoodle sounds like you had a good nights rest.

Kara I hope you have a safe trip to baltimore and you enjoy your lunch date with your dad

Today is gonna be a busy one for me at work and of course there is the lunchtime workout and after work I will give my furbaby a bath & then clean the bathroom and by that time it will be Biggest Loser time and I can't wait.

Have a great & productive day everyone
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i dont' even have brain power or time to read... hubby came home and laid with his legs up all day and all night.. he got his shoes on so he went to work...

we will be sleeping on the couch for a week or so in hopes tha this swelling will go down

my food is still spot on 16 clean days in a row under my belt
scale 221.2 this morning...

now to catch up on work....
Old 04-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #9  

Cat, that's an excellent suggestion! Karate and the other forms of martial arts are a great boost for kid's self-esteem.

Ruth, it's pretty hard to imagine 60" of snow right now. Those warm temps should melt it away quickly though!

Schmoodle, your body probably need that good night's sleep, you do a lot in a day! I'm really enjoying the WATP videos, I wish I would have discovered them sooner. My legs actually ache today, so I know I got a good workout.

Kara, have a safe drive to Baltimore! Is your father bringing you back home? I'll bet you're really excited about your trip tomorrow. How long are you staying? I was raised to be a member of The Clean Plate Club, too, and I know exactly what you're going through. I'm teaching the kids now to listen to their tummys, rather than eat everything on their plate. I need to listen to my own advice.

GONNA, have a great day!

Nessa, I'm glad your DH is home from the hospital, and I hope he gets through his day at work just fine. I think it's great that you've been staying OP through all your stress!

I just finished a yummy breakfast of radish home fries and a veggie omelet. I've been in a rut with hot cereal for months now, and decided it's time to shake things up a bit. I hope it tides me over until lunch!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-15-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning chicks! It's a little on the nippy side here this morning but supposed to be in the 60's and then 70's tomorrow!

Tk I have been reading about your issue with your son, I think the girls here have some great advice for you, I hope you can take bit and pieces of them and come up with a solution. to you parenting is the toughest job in the whole world!

Kara Just incase I don't get back here before you take off for Florida have a great time!

Me I am having some real struggles in my personal life right now. Fighting real hard to keep the "I am woman, hear me roar" part of me going, but there are times when I just want to be the cub! Trying real hard not to let it have an effect on my personal fitness, again thank goodness for yoga it is helping me relax and feel better about myself.

Enough of my whining, I hope you ladies have a great day!

to all who need it!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #11  

Stephanie, it looks like you need this right now - Hang in there, I hope the future looks brighter real soon for you.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Kara, enjoy Baltimore, you should have some pretty weather today.
Stephanie, feel better soon. It's okay to be the cub sometimes! It amazes me how the little 30 minute yoga workout I have makes my muscles feel like they've really done something and puts my head right where it needs to be.
Poor Nessa, hope DH does okay today and you are not worrying too much. 16 clean days in a row is amazing! I wish I could say the same... BTW, you should change the weight in your signature! I think it's safe now!
Gonna, have a great busy day today! Only 60! That's springtime weather! Love it! That's what we're getting here today.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! Just got through with my mile walk and unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of time to post....hopefully I'll get back later in the day.
The walk was good, it felt much better today than yesterday. I ate really well, had marinated London Broil and stuffed mushrooms for dinner yesterday. And dessert was FANTASTIC! Grasshopper Ricotta Mousse. SO YUMMY!!!

Tonight is such a tough night for me to watch TV. I really want to watch the Biggest Loser Finale, but I also need to get in Idol.....Maybe I'll tape Idol tonight and watch BL live. Tivo is great, but I'm now into Too Much. Just glad that BL is over tonight! I really hope Kelly takes the whole thing! I'd love to see a woman win.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, everyone.

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but it wasn't happening at the beach for me. I have fallen off all of the wagons I was trying to be on, and my life has become chaos. I haven't stepped on a scale in over a week, and honestly am afraid to. I have no motivation to stick with any kind of a diet, but I still want to lose weight. How contradictory is that? I have no motivation to exercise, but I know I need to. I think I'll just go buy that size 14 dress for the wedding now, because there's no way I'm losing 30 pounds before then. See y'all later when I get my head screwed back on straight.

TK - I thought I'd mention to you that I had much the same experience with my son. After YEARS of doing character-building and such, he still lacks the ability to make the right choice, his brain just leaves him when it's time to make a good decision.

My solution was to move him to a private school where there is less of that. It's not that it is GONE, it's just less. He still has issues, and he's slowly outgrowing some of them, but it's a slow road, and he's still behind his peers when it comes to common sense.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Nessa my for your dh to have a speedy recovery

Stephanie sorry for what you are going through. Stand strong and soon this all will pass

hmacneil I am pulling for a woman this time - on the readio yestyrday morning they intervioewd Kelly & Julie (from last year) as Julie lioves here in Jacksonville and Kelly said she got home from the show and had a nervouse break down not knowing what to do so Jillian told her to call Julie and Kelly moved in with Julie (here in Jax) and worked out together with Julies trainer - I really feel strong that elly has a good chance at this - I can't wait for tonight
Closed Thread