Old 04-15-2008, 03:30 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Default i don't understand mad guys.

so, long story short, i brought my best friend [guy] with me to a family friend's wedding on saturday and due to my clumsiness, he got mad at me.. two days later, and he's still mad! i don't know what to do! i'm one of those people that gets over things in a day, and i always thought that guys were like that too! but its like, i can't try to fix it by talking to him, apparently, so i don't know what else to do.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I'm not sure how your clumsiness would make someone mad... did you spill a drink on him or something? If you accidentally broke/stained something of his it's always proper to offer to replace it/clean it.

I can't think of any other reason, but if you've apologized to the appropriate degree, just let him fume a few more days and try talking to him again. I think there are people out there (of all genders, not just women) who like to be mad for long periods of time.

I'm with you about that, though... I'm usually over things rather quickly.

Last edited by Lovely; 04-15-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

guys are absolutely insane. i had a guy friend get all mad at me and not talk to me for like 3 weeks because i called him an a-hole because he was being one!

it's like, are you kidding? are you really a 12 year old girl? come on.

just give it time, leave him alone and eventually he'll realize how stubborn he's being
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Guys are stupid at times yes, but don't let them stress you out. My best guy friend got ticked because our dogs got into a little snarling match over a toy - none harmed just being spoiled beasts. Seriously he yelled at me and I didn't talk to him for 3 weeks all over dogs acting like dogs!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

update: well today i imed him and told him that i want to pay for his dry cleaning. he didnt answer.

well, thats it for me about that. its like i'm having the worst cramps of my life today, and my mom still has cancer.. so i have other things to worry about other than this. i have to see him friday so even if he's not over it by then, i sure will be and will be my normal nice self.

thanks for everything, though, you guys
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I'm often not around on IMs and whatnot (I just keep them up as like a message service), so him not answering is not necessarily a bad thing. You've done the right thing by offering to pay for the dry cleaning. Nothing more needs to be done on your end until he takes you up on the offer

And how about a just because.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #7  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

People can be unreasonable sometimes, although I'm not sure how gender is involved here. Is there more to this story? Maybe date/friend role confusion or something?
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #8  
I will do this.

I agree Faerie: Just in case
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote