Old 04-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #1  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Default stomach in knots

so yesterday i wasnt feeling well and this morning i wake up with a uti (urinary tract infection) and your girls know how painful it is! i used to get them when i was lil because i drink alot of caffeine i havent had one since feb when i was really stressed and was only drinking diet coke coffee n redbull or monster. well remember now i hadnt drank soda in 2 weeks at the fair on thursday i drank alot of it so im assuming thats why i got it but what sucks is i have the wedding tonight you know the one im dieing to wear my dress for! well now im nervous i tried going all morning without taking those pills because you know they make you pee orange and it stains your panties n i need to wear a white pantie for the dress well i had to take it i couldnt even stand up straight in the shower from the pain! but right after i took them i started to get dress i needed to go do my eyebrows and i threw up n it was the pills it was horrible it hasnt felt as bad anymore but now im scared i want to take it before going to the wedding so i wont feel bad but im worried about the dress help
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

For goodness sakes, girl. Take the pills.

I KNOW YOUR PAIN! Take them!

Make sure you wear a pantyliner/pad to protect your undies.

Make sure you bring a long jacket that you can sit on or something, but if you're careful it shouldn't be a problem.

And get to the doctor on monday for the anti-biotics.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

i hear you happy penguin !
i had my period in the biggest day of my life, but it was ok, i took some pain killer, and had extra pads.... it wasn't too bad.
just take some pills for now , but you must go to the doctor after...
good luck

michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #4  
Changing for me!

thats the thing i dont want to go to the dr it usually goes away in a couple of days
Old 04-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/222/150

Height: 5'10"

Have you ever tried cranberry juice for uti's becuase that usually works for me. I dont like the taste so I mix it with some sprite...no caffeine...and drink it that way....Its tasty and the cranberry will help you pee clearer and fuller. Hope it helps...
lizziek24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #6  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Hi Happy Penguin,

You should really see a doctor and get antibiotics for it. (I have one right now!). Maybe that is why it keeps coming back. If you JUST had one in Feb, that isn't good. You need to kill the bacteria for good. I have a VERy sensitive stomach and these pills don't aggravate me at all.

The pills that turn your pee bright orange are just pain killers, they don't kill the bacteria that is causing it.

Just like the girls said, use a panty liner and you will be fine. Go to the doctor first chance you get.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 04-12-2008 at 04:15 PM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #7  

Happy Penguin- Absolutely do not wait to go to the doctor. It only gets worse, and if left untreated it will affect your kidneys. The pill that makes ur pee turn orange is actually the over the counter pain relief and you could technically skip it if you can handle the pain while attempting to pee. It's the pill that kills the inefection that you truly need. For me, every hour that goes by with out the pills it gets worse and worse. I used to get them so often that my doctor prescribed me pills to keep at home so that if I get one to immediately start taking them because then in a couple of hours I feel better.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #8  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMonster416 View Post
Happy Penguin- Absolutely do not wait to go to the doctor. It only gets worse, and if left untreated it will affect your kidneys. The pill that makes ur pee turn orange is actually the over the counter pain relief and you could technically skip it if you can handle the pain while attempting to pee. It's the pill that kills the inefection that you truly need. For me, every hour that goes by with out the pills it gets worse and worse. I used to get them so often that my doctor prescribed me pills to keep at home so that if I get one to immediately start taking them because then in a couple of hours I feel better.
I fully agree with you.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #9  
Changing for me!

Default Thanks to those that recommended me going to dr

Hey girls so yes this morning after being stubborn all weekend i woke up with horrible pain on my right ovarie i wanted to yell from it i still do actually i got to work n couldnt take it i called my mom who urged me to call the gyno in which they asked me if i was preg and when i said no but said i had the uti they made me rush over so i did. they did the in office urine test and blood was in my urine n showed infection they had to send it to the lab. so they gave me antibiotics. but the pain was still their i had no fever that i knew of(but after i remembered that yesterday out of nowehre i got very cold and shakey so im assuming i had one. Well she did the exam because i told her the pain was unbearable and let me tell you i couldnt stop crying during the exam. so she told me i have to do an ultrasound on thur because i might have a cist its so painful! and since its on my right side she said if i throw up or get fever rush to er cause it could be my appendix! i was like wow what a great way to start the week ya know and the worst part i gad to go alone because my parents worked n my bf had class so it was hard. but i just want to say thanks to those who told me i should go to the dr. also anyone who has gone through this any tips on how to get comfortable n positions i can sleep in and stuff to help the pain ....thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

That sounds very painful. I'm glad you went to the doctor. I hope they can clear this all up.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote