Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:02 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default April Showers = Cow Power

and large swaths of mud and reconstituted dog poo.

Hi kids! It's April!

Sugar -- I insist you feel better right quick.

I have my sweet puppydog lying at my feet under my computer desk. We are trying to teach her not to be so defensive about her "space", and she is doing fairly well at sharing right now, at least with me.

Today was a corker of a day -- sunny and almost warm. Our driveway is melllllllllllttttttttttttiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngg ggggg.

DD informed me last night when I was talking to her on the phone that when she arrives in Oman, it will be in the midst of Ramadan, and she thinks most likely she will have to fast during daylight hours along with everyone else. My skinny little minny fasting all day She assures me that part of it is that everyone gets up before daylight and has something for breakfast, than after sunset they feast. Sounds great for someone like me, who would just as soon not eat all day and then pig out all night -- but for a healthy girl with not an ounce of fat on her, I don't know!

Well, she will have lots of people here at home checking up on her -- me, DH, the bf, the bf's mother, her grandmothers, who knows who else? -- I daresay we will all be asking her if she's eating enough, if she's losing weight, is she feeling okay, does she want to come home? Her bf has already announced his intention to fly over there and bring her home at the slightest complaint...

gotta go make green risotto

kiwi
Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WOW KIWI!!!---when does the adventure for dd commence???? i look forward to reports and is she allowed to take pics??? how long does it last???do tell!!!---we just came in from a lovely walk--we went down to the ocean and it was so calm----felt good to be out finally and the snow is totally gone!!! if it snows again,i am flying to the moon.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 AM   #3  

Bagzie, I don't think there is a moon........ or sun....At least I haven't seen either for weeks, because it doesn't snow here.........it effin rains and rains and the clouds lay down here in the valley......... but the weather forecast for the weekend is sunny and 75 degrees!!!!!!!! ......... but that's the forecast, which can just as easily change by Saturday back to unrelentless drizzle.

I've been working really hard at being a leisurely woman. Do you know how many years it's been since I've had more than 5 days off in a row???? I've been "restyling" furniture, which means I took a dark, tacky 70's pseudo french style china hutch and painted it white and glazed it, and now it's a vision of shabby chic-ness. Anyway the bottom part of it is, I can't get anyone to help me carry the top hutch part into the house so I can work on it. Now I need to repaint all my porch furniture. Then there's the vintage linens I've bought that are waiting to be made into throw pillows.... and I bought a pattern to make my mom an old fashioned apron for mother's day.......I've decided to use DH's method for problems......... keep yerself busy.

Kiwonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally freaked about my cyber niece going to the middle east. What an experience for her!!! I can't wait to hear stories and see pictures.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

75 degrees! Wow, that's something to look forward to! My real life Oregon friend JW has been busy paddling in one of those dragon boats (not something we have around here, but I assume you are familiar with them, Wab). Maybe you'll see her on tv or something. Sounds this will be a corker of weekend to do something like that.

Glad you're getting out, Bagz. I feel like I'm shut up in a cave. Of course that's partly because DH has made a cave out of the computer room. Window shades on both windows for his endless video projects and a computer monitor set up to block one window. I keep coming in here and pulling up the shades and turning the monitor so there's some light, and he comes back in and remakes it into a cave. We have become some weird stereotype old couple.

Here's a cute website

I should go eat something. Later folks
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hey Wha'ppened?

I think we done gone and fergetted a birfday.

And you thought you were going to get away scot-free, Wabbit? I don't think so!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR WABBIT

Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Talking

Happy Birthday, Wabbalicious! We love yous!

Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #7  

Hmmmm. Thought I'd save a year and sneak one by you. Thank you cowsies.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, who needs to hang onto this year? Splurge, become a year older, it'll be fun!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wabby WABBY wabby!!! sorry i missed your cowday!!-----dd has been sick all week and i have been actually working and missing all the action down't the internet----and i forgot to send your cow earrings with mother-----she mails my stuff in Calais!! it gets where it's going faster and there is no foolish duty--i mean--you never know if those guards might steal the chicken bones---not worth the risk!!!!----------ask the others---i actually do send things sometimes!!well---i have been raking the lawn and there must be about a hundred garbage bags worth of leaves out there---it's exhausting---plus--it's raining and miserable out today--and they say---mabye effin snow tomorrow!!!crap--i am at work now so i better go---------------------happy days my cowpies
Old 04-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #10  
loves kleenex box art

Oh h h h , I also missed WabboBirthDay. So sorry. Been caught up in my own world here and not checking or thinking.

Kiwi, when do you go to Hollywood? I am impatient for this.

Isn't Calias in France?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Calais is indeed in France. Also on the US side of the border crossing with Can. Clever mailing strategy, Bagz!

My trip is not until the middle of May. The show is on May 20th, mark your calendars. We'll be the ones jumping up and down screaming with moose antlers on our heads. Not.

We had more snow this morning. Nothing much, just enough to remind us that we are not out of winter's grip. I lost another tennis ball in a snowbank, 2nd one in 2 days. Glad I bought a dozen.

Later cowsies
Old 04-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey, who wants to join the biggest loser challenge? We have until 4/19 to sign up. I think I will. Gotta fit into that strapless gown you know.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Looks like I'm talking to myself again. I may become a blithering idiot quite soon.

My local state representative called this morning to make sure I had gotten my convention delegate packet. Isn't that sweet? He calls everyone "Dear".

My elbow hurts again. Probably because I spent some time editing a photo, per Bagz' suggestion. I'm also making a greeting card out of it. Oh my, I do lead an exciting life.

Before and after pics below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20080214_002.jpg (41.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20080214_002wireless.jpg (37.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

how do we sign up??
Old 04-14-2008, 04:49 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Oo, what are we signing up for? Is it aspensive?
Closed Thread