Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 03:15 PM   #1  

Default Gotta Have Coffee!!!!

help me!
I always use Coffee-Mate FF Creamer & now it comes in these annoying plastic bottles for $2.39 (and you get even less). I sent carnation my comments.

I just cannot do this - I can almost get a gal of milk for this price. What would be a FF alternative. I tried this soy creamer - UCK! Does anyone have any low to no point options that may work. I saw Rich's frozen FF creamer when I visited Florida, but I do not see it in my area.

I'd appreciate any ideas.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:43 PM   #2  

If you are looking for something thick and creamy but without the fat, you might want to try canned FF (skim) evaporated milk. Just be sure that you don't get sweetened condensed milk.
Old 06-08-2002, 12:22 AM   #3  

If you have a Wal-Mart super center store, they have a fat-free great value creamer. $1.59....It's very good.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:47 PM   #4  

Default fat-free half-and-half

I use this in ice coffee. On Weight Watchers, 1/4 c. is 1 point, check the calories on the carton.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:53 AM   #5  

Default Hi!

I used to drink my coffee with a lot of sugar and milk (really strong coffee!), so what I did was gradually cutting down on the milk and sugar (using sweetener instead).
I now drink it black and weak, but if you can't stand that, try using fresh 0% milk and sweeteners. the cal intake is really low, and the coffee does taste like it has milk in it.

good luck, hope this helps,

Greekgirl
Closed Thread