Old 04-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Default stupid week...

I've been having the dumbest week ever. I've been doing so well on working out everyday, eating less and I'm noticing changes (yay!) But, ugh, other things have been going on. I got called for jury duty for a murder case. I had to miss two days of class. Thankfully I got called off (the guy getting convicted is 17.) so probably because I'm so young (21) but ugh, the whole week I was just in this nervous/uncomfortable mood. I had to do this one-on-one interview so I had to go into the court room and sit at the witness desk and get questioned by the judge, the defense, AND the prosecution. Not to mention the entire time I was up there, the kid was just staring at me. I was so freaked out.

Anyway, I've been having a stressful week. I've been on edge. I've been eating McDonald's for the past 3 days and my brain is fried.

Good news is that a) jury duty is over. b) the semester is almost done and c) I'm slowly but surely getting smaller.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #2  

Wow, that's tough. I've never been called in for jury duty and I hope that if I ever do, it's NOT for a murder case. I know that it's the system our country is based on, but I just don't feel comfortable deciding another human being's fate... I can understand how that would throw you for a loop. I'm happy on your behalf that you didn't have to go through with it....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  

You were called in for jury duty and you're in school?? I think that's you're way out. If you tell them you have class and are a student, they should waive your summons. That's what I've always done!

As for the rest of your week, stay strong!! It'll get better. Don't give in to McDonald's! They're the devil.
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

I hate jury duty!!! Esp. when I got called working at a job that does not give you those days paid. But I was able to get out of it the one time I was called.

Hope your stress levels go down. That getting smaller part should help you lots!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #5  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

I jump on and off the "wagon" occasionally. But the sooner you get back on track, the better. At least you can look back and say, eh, one week didn't harm me. You don't want to look back and think ekkk! It's been 3 months! I'm sorry you are stressed, but at least it is lifting, and hey! You're a little be smaller! That should put a smile on your face! Good luck!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

That's rough!
... I've got Jury Duty on the 24th this month... -_-
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #7  

I had jury duty for the first time last year. It was actually quite interesting, and not a bad break from work. Plus I got paid as if I was at work and additional money for jury duty. Obviously not much additional, but I did buy a cute shirt that I now call my Jury Duty shirt.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

This is my third call to Jury Duty, second time attending. (The first one was a call-in to see if they need me.) They must REALLY want to get me on a jury or something...
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #9  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Yeah, it's over now. Now I get to go to work and burn more calories serving people fattening food! My cousin said that all I can do is start again tomorrow.

I put on a pair of 16 dress pants (I'm usually an 18/20) and when I first fit into the 16s, the thigh area was a little tight. But when I put them on this week, they were loose. That's been the ONLY good thing this week. Haha.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote