Old 04-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default A Slimmer-For-Summer Or Bust Group!

Long story short here, I'm re-starting (SIGH! ), figuring one of these days it will "take" again. Any friends from previous threads reading this, I'd love to have you on board. If you try it and drop off, I understand (I've done it too often.) I lost 45 lbs. a couple of years ago, have gained most of it back ... and am starting again.

Weigh-in: Mondays

My program: counting calories (approximately 1500 per day or so)

My exercise: Walking and water exercise at least 4 days per week

June will be here before we know it, warm weather is ALREADY here in the South, and the fit of my summer clothes is not pretty! I've started today, with a long walk, only PLANNED snacks between meals, and no eating after eight! I'm shooting for 15 lbs. off by mid-June!

I would love to have anyone join in ...

Last edited by babenwaiting; 04-12-2008 at 12:18 AM.
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Smile

Sounds like a great idea! I'm in!

My goal is 22 pounds by June 27th and the intention is that I'll have the grueling task of replacing my entire summer wardrobe (woo hoo!).

Program: Herbal Magic (cutting calories w/balanced diet + herbal supplements)
Exercise: Treadmill, walking/jogging dog, Billy Banks Bootcamp dvds, exercise balls

The warmer weather has reached us here in Ontario too but they're also calling for flurries on Sunday. That's after we've had temperatures in the 15-18 range all week. Go figure.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #3  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Im in too

My goal is 15 lbs by July 4th!
I just had a m/c and i want to put that behind me.. and focus on losing some weight and moving on with my life!!!

as a matter of fact.. im going for a 30 min walk after i get off here!
IM Ready!!!

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

YES!

Weigh-ins: Friday or Satruday (or when I feel like it - I am more focused on how my clothes fit than the scale)

Program: Eat my veggies! And fruit! And continue to find ways to be more healthful - and keep in the 1500-1600 calorie range/29 or less WW pts. range

Exercise: 3 days a week of cardio (30 mins. or more) and 2 - 3 days of strength training

Goal: To have size 14 fit loosely and be squeezing into some 12's at some point this summer. And to be able to do 10 man-push-ups (not the girly on my knees ones like I am doing now) by the end of the summer.

Bikini weather is nearly here! EEK!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  

Default Thrilled To Have You All With Me!

How terrific to check back in and find you all *ready to rumble* with me! Losing weight and exercising is so much easier if you have friends to share the ups and down with!

preppingbride, so you are in Ontario ... are you a Senators fan? I'm a Hurricanes fan, and we lost a couple of our favorite players to the Sens this year! Your weight/loss plan sounds very sensible, though it WILL be painful having to buy new clothes, won't it? What kind of doggie do you walk? I love them all ...

ameg, so happy you're on board. I hope you got your walk in after you posted. That's what I did as well. You said you'd just had an "m/c" ... I'm a little thick this morning; what are you referring to? I'm sure I SHOULD know ... Your goal sounds very do-able, and I know we'll all enjoy our July 4th's more if we stick with our plans, right?

SGraver, I admire you for aspiring to "manly" push-ups! I am sure I would injure myself trying to accomplish such a thing, but we're pulling for you! Your weight-loss plan sounds very healthy, and you'll be in your shades and polka-dot bikini before you know it!

So let's do it, girls! My first day yesterday went very well, and I hope yours did, too! (Let's all feel free to drop in here and chat/note our accomplishments any time as it can be helpful to others, right?)

Enjoy your weekend!

Babe
Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #6  

Quick Sunday night update! I walked 45 minutes both Friday and today, and have stayed with 1600 calories each day. Looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow, and hope to see everyone check in again!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

my new weigh in will be on saturdays since i usually binge on fridays! this way i will hoepfully be scared to binge! i have also gained weight back ive gone from 164 to 135 to 145 to 125 now im back up to 155 adn it scares me so here i am! starting monday april 14th i will stick it with it! i am ready weight loss!
nyk161616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #8  

Hi there nyk ... Great to have you with us! Are you on any particular plan?

Okay, it's Monday and weigh-in/report-any-progress day:

Weight - lost 6 pounds since starting Friday, went from 231 to 225 lbs. Obviously, I was carrying an unholy amount of water, and I know that's mostly water loss but the scale looks better to me! I'd better enjoy it because I won't see a 3-day drop like that again!

Exercise - two 45-minute walks over three days

Food - I've averaged a bit over 1600 calories for the three days, though every day I SWEAR I'll hold it to 1500.

Okay, ladies, looking forward to seeing you all pop in here today, I hope, no matter how your weekend went. We can do this ...

Babe
Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #9  

hi. friday i walked 30 min. sunday i did a little cardio. but i have to take it easy, just had a m/c friday... been cutting back on soda..
hope you all are doing your best!
keep smiling
Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #10  

Hi Anne Marie, so happy to see you back! What is an m/c??? I hope you will have a good week, as we try to get back into the exercise and healthy eating mode.

I've done three long walks in four days, and have kept my calories around 1500 for four days so I'm feeling ...

Anyone who would like to join in, please do! However you do it, we all just want to be slimmer for summer, and would love to support you, too!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #11  

hi babeinwaiting..
m/c is miscarriage.. so i was trying to take it easy..
but toaday i felt pretty good
I did 20 minutes of cardio..

im trying....

when life gives you lemons, make lemon aid..
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #12  

Anne Marie, I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. Someone close to me went through that, and I know it is not easy.

I'm glad you've felt like doing cardio today. Every bit counts. I got in another 45 min. walk this afternoon, and my calories are looking good for the day.

Have a good evening.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #13  

Morning All, I am leaving for work soon 8-5 today.
I changed my name from Ameg to Friday. Ameg was a name i used to use all the time, but i dont anymore.. So i changed it to friday..
Friday because its my favorite day of the week and the day of the week i was born! lol- i kicked up my goal from 15 lbs to 27 lbs. thats like 1.5 lbs a week..
anyways..girls hang tuff today.. stay strong. and get in as much excerise as you can!
havea great day!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I think Friday is a cute name. Sorry to hear of what has happened recently but you sound strong and dedicating your energy to positive things in your life. That's wonderful.

SCraver: I just caught that 'girly push-ups' comment. LOL that's SO on my list of TO-DOs now!

On a physical note I just haven't seemed to be able to have the time/energy to get on that treadmill when I get home. It's always the intention but when I end up going later than planned with clients and still have to have dinner when I get home, it just never feels like to right time to work out at 10pm.
Of course I set my alarm for 6am so I could do it today but I reset my alarm for 7am, then got up at 7:30am frantically getting ready to run out the door.

I will make absolute sure that I do it tonight no matter what. And tomorrow, and the next day, and so on.

BIKINI SEASON!!! I can feel it coming!!!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #15  

Hi ladies ... hope the day where you are is as beautiful as it is here in North Carolina. Sunny and high 60's with so many flowers blooming!

So I have five good days behind me now, both with food and exercise, and my head is still in a good place about it all. I keep thinking of all the reasons I need to keep it up as I trudge up and down hills on my walks! Company coming for a couple of days next month, big vacations in June and July, seeing family at gatherings that crop up ... AND looking at myself in the mirror first thing in the morning!

Have a good day, all, and good luck with the exercise today, preppingbride. It is SO HARD to get going ... it's harder for me to get my walking shoes on and get out the door than to do the actual walk!