View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #98
gtmerritt

S/C/G: 190/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Wink Hey Everybody

Hey everyone! Newbie here, gtmerritt. I see that all of you seem incredibly sweet and dedicated to whatever life throws at you and I'm inspired by that. I live in Brunswick, GA where I have 4 children, 3 step and one of my own, but they are all my kids. I've raised my husbands children from small children and now they're all grown up. My oldest son is 25 (who blessed us with a beautiful granddaughter), My son is 22, my next son is 20 and my youngest, a girl, is 19. But you know what? They all come home now more than they did when they lived there...hmmm.

I've been overweight all my life and get it genetically from my mother. My mother has always been extremely heavy and had me dieting from the time I was in 4th grade...even though I really didn't need to be on a diet. I try not to think about all of that. But I've recently joined MRC and so far am pleased. I'm on my 4th week and have lost 12 pounds so far. My goal is 140 lbs. and they say it can be done by July 17th...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As you have probably figured out...I'm joining this forum to gain support and strength as I go through this difficult process. It's a lifestyle change and I'm up to the challenge. I started off at 193 and I'm currently 179 so it seems to be working..plus I joined a local gym and work out 3 times a week in the mornings prior to going to work. I've found that doing that helps me get it over with and not dredding it in the afternoon. My husband and I ride bikes in the evening together and he's be greatest support. I'll tell you more about him later - it's a true "Oprah" story.

I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
gtmerritt is offline   Reply With Quote