Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #1  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Default Back In Kindergarten #41

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #2  

I know the coffee date icon isn't in the right spot....I had a mental lapse on where it went!

I posted pictures of Brandon's bowling field trip in the last thread
Old 04-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Well...Fonzo is offically on leave. He's taking a nap right now. He did come home with some great piece of mail!!!!!! A gift card from Coach!!!!!!!! Which means, bday present for me!! YAY!! We're gonna be going to the store after payday!! I cannot wait!! I've already picked out the purse that I want. But the sucky part is, Fonzo is gonna have it gift wrapped and I cant have it till my actual birthday, lol. But oh well, I'm still excited. I'll be 23 in 3 weeks!!

This is the one I'm thinking of getting. http://www.coach.com/content/product...ategory_id=258 It all depends on what they have at the store. But I'm liking that one so far.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

Mindee...it doesn't matter. I don't think anyone would even mind if you changed the wording a bit. Just appreciate you starting the new thread. Loved the pics of Brandon...too cute! Looked like he was enjoying himself.

Francie...cute purse! I love the pink! Do you have anything special planned for your BD?

SUSAN...well, it sure is a beautiful place...I don't think I would ever want to leave the place. I love the ocean and so miss it! I think that is about the only thing I miss about CA. Definitely isn't Disneyland, ugh! Hopefully you will get your card tomorrow!

Nothing much going on...had a to do list and I actually got everything done! Well, doing one of them right now...computer time again.

I'm doing my WI tomorrow since I will be eating out a couple of times and there will be cake and ice cream. Not sure if I will indulge or not. I do have a yogurt blend that is to die for! Taste just like ice cream but I think better! With less cals. And I got V is favorite, chocolate cake which I don't really care for so we will see. Going to get up at my regular time and do my 4 mile WATP before heading out for the day. I know I won't have time to get it in the rest of the day with Charlotte and the kids coming over in the late afternoon. And then Chase will be spending the night so...gotta keep a 9 year old entertained. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday! I'll see ya Saturday sometime. Not sure when Chase will be going home...then I will have some down time so...enjoy your weekend!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  
RosieKate

Mindee - great pics - Brandon has a great smile

Francie - that's a cute bag - love the brass and pink

Cristina - Happy Birthday to Vince! Have a great time with Chase

Down .9 -almost time to change the ticker! I am off to the gym pretty soon so I had better get moving. Kids are off from school today so we'll have to think of something fun to do..will probably just go to the library and work in the yard, weather permitting.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #6  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~Fonzo wants to take me out to dinner (mexican food here I come, lol). So we'll probably just do that. 23 isnt really a big deal, lol. 2 more years and then I'll be 25 (Fonzo will be 25 next Feb) Then like 7 more years until I'm 30 But then once I turn 30 we'll be married for 10 years..nice. LoL..I'm rambling.

Katy~Thanks, it is pretty cute. Over Vday that had the cutest pink purse ever. But it kinda looked like the one I already had, so eh, lol. I just bought a really cute purse from Target. Its baby pink and has white hearts all over it. I have a purse addiction, lol.

Nothing much new here. Fonzo & I are gonna be hitting the gym on monday. He said I even get to watch him PT!! I'm kinda excited about that..I've never seen him do that before. We have soooooooo much stuff to do while he's on leave. And we HAVE to get it done before he goes underway again.

Oh ya..I made my own applesauce again last night. Its sooooooo good!!!!

Well..I shall be going now...have a nice friday everyone!! (it is friday right? lol)
Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #7  

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, we got Brandon's results in the mail today from his hearing/vision screening at school that was done last Friday. The said that he passed his vision part of the screen, but they were unable to screen him for the hearing part. So, we have to get someone else to evaluate him on that. I am going to contact the pediatrician's office and see what they say, but they did offer a place that does them for free, so I might call them instead. They said that when they were trying to test him that they said his name and he said it was a whisper and that he would turn his head to look at them when it was done.

I am relieved that his vision is fine, since we have had issues with that before. I never would have expected him to have problems with his hearing though!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #8  
kitty Momo

Afternoon

Mindee- Looks fine to me!! Thanks a bunch for starting a new thread

Cristina - Yep, got the card and took all my money out!! It will be beautiful here this weekend so hope to get Gaby some shorts before she goes w/ her father.
lol - on Disneyland!! What a concrete nightmare that is I would rather spend my time in nature somewhere.....like the Grand Canyon or the Red Woods... up north of Seattle , anywhere but LA!

Katy - Congrats on the .9 weight loss!!

Hi to Francie , Jules, Sassy, Sue Michelle!!! Did I miss someone?? Hope not!

On the run. Way too much to do after being a week without money, lots of errands and shopping!! Chat at you later!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Mindee- Brandon is adorable in the bowling pictures!! Had to go back and see them on the other thread, he is a cutie!!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #10  

just stopping back in here really quickly......I just got off the phone with the pediatrician's office and Brandon goes in next Wednesday at 6:30pm for their testing. I actually went over the papers as I was talking to them, and they have written that he was unable to understand the task, and for that they say that they were unable to screen him.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:43 AM   #11  

just popping back in here before heading off to bed.

we had a nice night.....grabbed some dinner then went to Wal-Mart. we have been under Tornado watches all day pretty much. Right after we got home and started to get the kids ready for bed, I heard the Tornado siren going off. I didn't think anything about it until the office manager came to the door asking where Tommy was. She wanted him to help her unlock the basements of the buildings for the tenants to go to if need be. Well, right after she came to the door for him, one of the local news stations broke in and said that there was an unconfirmed funnel cloud 8 miles away from us! So, I finished getting the kids into their pajamas, and had the boys put their shoes on in case we needed to go into the basement. Thankfully we didn't need to go into the basement, just rain, thunder and lightning. We had the power flicker a couple of times but that was it.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:27 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.

Well I got my walking in and then some. We had our "date night" Thursday night and we went to the new IKEA store here and walked around it. WOW is it big! lol. I am not sure how big it is, but it has two floors and we walked both and we didn't really daddle because we were mainly looking at the kitchen and bedroom stuff, we just browsed at the other things. As I have said before, DH is really into cooking now, so he got some new kitchen stuff. He is so worried that something is wrong with him because he likes to cook and all, I said, "some of the best chefs in the world are men!!" Then I guess a coworker asked about him making me a Vanilla Bean Cheesecake and how it turned out and he told them it tasted good, but the consistency was off. So a male co worker says to him, "That is why men don't bake". And our friend/coworker said, "some of the best pastry chefs in Europe are men!" (she is from Romania). I told my DH: SEE!! I told ya!!! lol.

But lemme tell ya I worked up a sweat after we got out of IKEA and we only sat down one time and it was because -- DH needed too, not me for once! I used Paul McKenna's technique for motivation for exercise and it totally worked!!! I rocked! After IKEA we went out to eat and we split a yummy shrimp appetizer with a Thai Sweet and Sour sauce that we both could not figure out what was in it!!! lol. Then I just had salad and a cup of soup of which I did not finish either and yes it was what I wanted.

After that, we stopped a grocery store where this sweet little old lady was walking next too DH and started talking to him. I went on and was looking for something, but I guess she had arthritis in her spine (I know how that is.....) and was looking for her friend.......so DH helped her and by the time I rejoined him he was holding her hand and holding the plant she wanted to purchase......it was so sweet.........so they finally found her friend and all was well........DH told me later that that lady was 95 years old!!! She was doing pretty great for 95 years old! I hope I am in that good of shape by then! I mean she was movin slow, but hey, she was movin! Just kinda puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

Anywho after that we decided to go to Wal-mart to get DH some jeans.....so we did then came home and unloaded everything and just collasped into our recliners! lol. So I think I did great. My back was achin just a little bit when I got up, but it passed. Oh and the rain held out until we were home and all comfy and cozy!!!

Before all that though we stopped by the in-laws as DH had to drop something off and wow they were WAY too happy.......lol. I was like, "what is up with them?" after we left but I really don't wanna know. lol.........I am just glad they were in good spirits.

I talked to my mom, she is going to wait until next year to maybe move up here. So I am not planning on her moving in with us and that way no disappointment. She is still seeing the guy that is from our city so we'll see how that goes.......

Oh and more work news...........not only did we have to move all around but now they are changing EVERYBODY's schedules!!! Totally ridiculous! So now DH & I won't even have ONE night off together! Back to "single" life again.......I swear I dunno why we even bothered getting married if we don't see each other!!! I got married so I wouldn't be ALONE!!!!!!! lol. I could sign up for the dayshift schedule, so then we could at least work on the same days, just opposite shifts, but man I dunno if I can really go back to days. Plus the fact I'd lose my shift diff and that means less $$. If I take the nightshift schedule I will actually make extra money because I would be starting after 7 pm and that means an extra 5%. Here are the two schedules:

Shift 1B Week 1 Thursday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Week 2 Wednesday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM

Shift 2A Week 1 Sunday - Wednesday 9:00 PM - 9:30 AM
Week 2 Sunday - Tuesday 9:00 PM - 9:30 AM

So it will be 3 days one week then 4 days the next. I can't work on the same schedule as DH, that is why they split us up to begin with, they say its "business needs" is the reason why DH & I being on different schedules and also for the newest schedule changes. We are under new management now and so they want us to be on the same schedules as their other teams they are over. Makes no sense to me, but whatever.......At least we have jobs........I do wish that I didn't need that stinking job because I would sooooo quit but I do need it and starting at a new place or even transferring in the co. isn't a great idea right now with the economy and layoffs. So guess I just gotta deal with it until we either win the lotto or the economy gets better! lol. I swear you never know with our co. what is going to happen day by day. One day its one thing then the next its something else! Man I HATE that! lol.

DH told me the news about the schedule changes and I didn't even get mad! I just was like, "oh well, at least we have jobs." I figure no need in getting upset. Even though I think its complete BS. But whatcha gonna do, right? lol.

So anywho, that is that.

Hope you all are doing well.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-12-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Quick hi to everyone--trying to spend time with Ry before he leaves....
Old 04-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #14  
I was born this way hey!

Well...I just had a very interesting couple of days. I'm not going get too much into it, because I would love nothing more than to just forget it..But I'm still really bitter about the whole thing, especially since I just felt the outcome of it today. Long story short..I did a nice thing for a friend..and in return, she stabbed me in the back. And what makes the whole thing even worse, is that she claimed to be my best friend. Last time I checked, you didnt do that to best friends or even friends for that matter.

Well, I better go. We're gonna hit the gym right now. I'm sooooo looking to work out my bitterness. Hopefully when I get back, it'll all be gone.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Happy Saturday!

Mindee- How scary the tornado warnings must be?? I can't imagine, I am glad you and the family are alright! Gab was tested for hearing too, the person doing it has to really know their stuff. It took forever for Gab to get tested, also w/ vision. The school had her needing glasses but when I tested at the doctors she was fine. Anyway- crossing fingers it all turns out positive!

Sassy- Your DH is a sweety!! I am glad you guys went out and had fun. Never been to IKEA but it is on my to do list, along w/ seeing what Kohls is all about.

Francie - So sorry about the friendship thing! I have had that happen a couple times to me , just have to plug along and sometimes if you work through it you come out closer. We hope
Saw the purse link, way cute!

Jules- Tell Ry it is 75 today!! Love the avatar , a handsome bunch of guys! Especially that little grandson of yours!

Cristina, Katy, Sue and Michelle. Thinking of you ladies, come chat!!

omg- I spent time w/ a 6 year old shopping!! Gab was exhausting. She didn't appreciate that she needed clothes, it was all about toys and ice cream and running off when I said "come here!!!!". Drove me bonkers but we managed and I was ever so glad to dump her off at her fathers. lol Never so happy to see him, and baby, that is saying a lot!

It is beautiful here today. Need to run to the grocery store and get some food in the house and get ready for my time w/ my McDreamy... tonight.

Pleased to see a dip in the scale this morning! I have been scared to even look but was down to 164 again, hee haw.

k- that is my Saturday ramble, to you all!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-12-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread