South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #1  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default Another New South Beach Living Product

I got two samples in the mail this week. One was a powdered drink product called "Tide Me Over" in Natural Tropical Breeze flavor. It is 30 calories with 5 Gms of fiber. The flavor was fantastic. I would definitely buy this product. The other is Mixed Berry Flavor Granola Clusters. They're 130 calories with 6 Gms of fiber. I haven't tried them out yet. I think I must have signed up for a free sample when I was looking at the Kraft SBD web site.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

they also have a strawberry banana tide me over powered drink.. it is sooo good. they are yummy and cheaper than the special K kind... I used to by
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #3  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The Tropical Breeze Tide Me Over is Oh so good. I tried it this morning. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Perfect for in the morning when I feel like having some juice, but can't.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

I'll have to keep the eyes open. What aisle would I find these in?
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

tdiprincess, I find the Special K ones in the water aisle, but they also could be in the drink mix aisle. Sounds really yummy!

I've had the granola clusters. I don't like the ingredients much, so I've only tried the mixed berry one. It's a bit more convenient than putting your own granola in a container as it comes in pouches, but I found it to be rather hard on my teeth (which aren't very sensitive). It really is a "cluster" thing, so I imagine it would make for a good snack to eat with your fingers, but I just wanted something to put in my yogurt, so I had to break them up a bit, which was messier than my usual granola, which I just pour in. Just my $0.02!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

OK the mixed berry granola was very hard on my teeth. I didn't really enjoy the taste either. I would not buy this in the future. I don't know what other flavors they may have but they're probably too hard to chew too. Felt like gravel in my mouth!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:22 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

THe tide me over was really good but the granola kinda bleh and corn syrup Come on!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #8  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The granola clusters have corn syrup? High fructose? Forget that.

I found the Tide Me Over by the KoolAid and other drink mixes. They had two flavors available, and a bunch of other sugar free mixes in other flavors.

We really only drink coffee on weekends, I don't drink soda, and I usually don't keep iced tea on hand (although I should)...so it's a nice mixup from the usual water.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #9  

They were giving out samples of these at Walmart yesterday. I haven't tried them yet but I'm bringing them camping. The Tide Me Over look good. They also had a Snack Pack Delights Energy Mix that was South Beach Living. It does have corn syrup in the roasted soynuts so you can avoid the corn syrup by just skipping those and eating the cashews, almonds, and peanuts. But the soy nuts are dark chocolate covered so I will probably eat them.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote