The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #1  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Default TBL Vote

So who did the 3FC community vote for?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I voted for Mark.

1. Because I think he had a HUGE transformation, not only physically, but also emotionally, and even though the crying annoys me, I think he's become a better person.

2. I voted for Mark because IMO Roger had turned into a cocky a-hole. He said to Bob that he hadn't changed mentally or emotionally, so this leads me to believe he's always been this way, and even though his plea to America was witty and charming...I wasn't falling for it.

3. I am hoping Ali or Kelly wins because A FEMALE NEEDS TO WIN! I really want it to be Ali though because I feel we are kindred spirits.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:31 PM   #3  

I voted for Mark, too.

I think the girls have a better chance against Mark. But also, Mark commenting about the crying in his speech and to Bob cracked me up. That comment solidified my decision.

And for the record, both Kelly and Mark's crying annoyed me at times, but if I were to ever be on the ranch, I can guarantee that I would cry more than both of them together! I'm pretty emotional. While Mark has really annoyed me in the past, I think he has changed. I think he (and Ali) will be ones to keep the weight off or at least level out to a healthy weight and maintain there. I think confronting the emotional reasons for weight gain and the emotions of losing the weight is a key to keeping it off. And regardless of how other people feel about him, I think that he really, really loves his family. I admire that in a man.

Last edited by ksk571; 04-08-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #4  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I voted for Mark, too.

I think the girls have a better chance against Mark. But also, Mark commenting about the crying in his speech and to Bob cracked me up. That comment solidified my decision.

And for the record, both Kelly and Mark's crying annoyed me at times, but if I were to ever be on the ranch, I can guaratee that I would cry more than both of them together! I'm pretty emotional. While Mark has really annoyed me in the past, I think he has changed. I think he (and Ali) will be ones to keep the weight off or at least level out to a healthy weight and maintain there. I think confronting the emotional reasons for weight gain and the emotions of losing the weight is a key to keeping it off. And regardless of how other people feel about him, I think that he really, really loves his family. I admire that in a man.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #5  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Mark!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #6  
Takin' charge of my life!

I also voted for Mark to be in the finale. I second the above thoughts!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I voted Mark as well. I disliked him at first, but also think he's grown a ton and despite it bugging the **** out of me that he wins everything. I actually kinda like the guy he turned out to be. People are way too tough on him for the crying. That's got to be an INTENSE. I'd probably be a big baby too.

Roger seems kinda fake. Said him self he didn't learn much... and he seemed a bit manipulative when he was getting Mark to put himself up.

In the end the GIRLS wanted Roger off so that was the slam dunk for me.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM   #8  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

DH and I both voted for Mark. For many of the same reasons as stated already. I went back and forth.

What I saw in the way the show edited them:

They both love their families, they have both been somewhat manipulative, both have been complete jerks at times.... That Good Ol Boys Club was soooooooooooooooooooo irritating lol.

Mainly I voted for Mark because that is what Ali and Kelly would have done, and since they were the winners staying above the line they should have been given the right.

Last edited by iwmonn; 04-09-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I've liked Mark since the beginning. I voted for him. I was really happy when he came back But I would like to see one of the girls win. That would be awesome!!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I voted for Mark. I still don't like him but I think that he will be the easiest to beat.

I don't like the way that they changed up the final vote and took away one of the benefits to staying above the yellow line.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 AM   #11  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwmonn View Post

Mainly I voted for Mark because that is what Ali and Kelly would have done, and since they were the winners staying above the line they should have been given the right.
I second this! Voted for Mark...in hopes the girls have a chance!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #12  

Voted for Mark. Here's hoping Ali pulls it off!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #13  

I voted for Mark, I want allie to win and it'd be doable with Roger gone!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #14  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I voted for Mark.

1. Because I think he had a HUGE transformation, not only physically, but also emotionally, and even though the crying annoys me, I think he's become a better person.

2. I voted for Mark because IMO Roger had turned into a cocky a-hole. He said to Bob that he hadn't changed mentally or emotionally, so this leads me to believe he's always been this way, and even though his plea to America was witty and charming...I wasn't falling for it.

3. I am hoping Ali or Kelly wins because A FEMALE NEEDS TO WIN! I really want it to be Ali though because I feel we are kindred spirits.
I voted for Mark for the same reasons. You cannot change that much physically without changing mentally, if IMO you want to keep the weight off.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:18 AM   #15  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I voted for Mark too...I hated that we're the ones deciding because really both guys have done incredible things...so I went with the choice Ali and Kelly would have done since they kicked so much butt this week, and I'd like a female biggest loser too. Really I guess I'll be happy for whoever wins though, they've all worked incredibly hard and they all deserve it.