Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Question Where do you think you would be without 3FC?

Even though I didn't post much before, reading everyone's stories and tips has helped me so much throughout this journey. You have no idea what an inspiration and help ya'll have been to me.

I think without 3fc, I'd be yoyo dieting... very low calorie diets, totally unhealthy, and probably ending with HUGE binge fests. I think I'd be miserable.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Well, I'd actually have to be doing my work at the office instead of posting all day! Horror of horrors!

Seriously, though, I think I'd still be with Weight Watchers, but probably feeling a little less confident some weeks. I've just met such wonderful people who are succeeding, that it feels like one big WW group to me! (Even though not everyone is on WW, of course!)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I might have given up already. I could never stick to a diet before. I would start to slip and I would say "well, I guess I am just not meant to be thin" and I would go back to my binge eating. 3FC keeps me vigilant and committed, and it gives me hope, allowing me to think "I am meant to be thin"
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 PM   #4  

I know I wouldn't be continuing with my endeavour. Something about a bunch of random (yet lovely!) people on the internet knowing that I am trying to lose weight helps keep me accountable.

I love you guys!!!
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I would probably be stuck in my fridge after hideously bloating myself on chocolate. Not gonna happen while this website is up, though! That and the fact I have such a wide fridge door....
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I would be on a "diet". Actually, correction, I WOULD have been on a "diet". Then I would have gone off the diet after a failure, and then I would have regained any weight that I had lost, plus a few more pounds. And I would probably be about 220 lbs. right now.

Seriously, without 3FC - I don't think I would have made the lifestyle changes that I have made. I would not be healthy, fit, and down almost 70 lbs.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #7  

Still searching the web looking for a "connection" while eating a pint of ben and jerry's chunky monkey ice cream and doritos!!

I think I would still be at Weight Watchers at this point (started a month ago) just because I hit rock bottom on my own. However, I like the connection I have on here -- no one understand where I'm at (good days AND bad days) like a bunch of 3FC's!!

Last edited by shelby897; 04-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My weight loss has stalled (not a plateau), just me loosing interest. Previously, I would have been on my way to gaining it all back by now. What has happened is that I learned a lot about maintenance - never had a clue before. I also have learned that all or nothing thinking doesn't work. Just because I eat a few cookies (or some cake frosting ), does not mean that I am a complete failure. If I keep doing what I'm doing, I will keep my lost weight off, and when I feel inspired, I will reduce my calories, get a little exercise and loose some more. I won't have to start over from an even higher weight like I have before. That will be some kind of miracle, thanks to 3FC.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #9  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

I would be one lonely fat chick working on eating her way back up 16 pounds. On the days I feel like I can't do it or that I'm a massive failure I come here and I read all the success stories and I keep on going.
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

Lost and miserable or maybe miserable and lost.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #11  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I know for a fact that I would NOT have lost as much weight as I have in these 2 short months I have been doing this!

I found 3FC the week I decided to change my life!

I have linked hearts with at least 3 seperate women on here, joined in on challanges, as well as learned countless things about calories, fat content etc.....also when I didn't show up for a couple of days and post....(I was reading) ...two of my friends on here PM'd me to check on me......ALL of this is the kind of support I need!

Around here I couldn't find more committed women to put together a weight loss club in real life I'm talking about........I have a couple of supportive friends but they are 160 on their bloated days.........I have NEVER been 160 in my life.....that is something that 3FC's gives me!
Women going through the same thing and doing it in similar fashion with the same drive and desires I have! I could never find that locally at least not at this volume of women!!!

If I never found 3FC.......

My DH would not have joined me in weight loss........he would of not stuck it out even though he wasn't losing weight. Which would of allowed me a way "out" of doing this...........also I wouldn't of started walking more because of watching women who were almost double my size now walking 90mins on a treadmill and down to my size now........if I hadn't seen that I wouldn't of tried any exercise! Also, learning new things to eat that are healthy has been a major reason I stick with this lifestyle change and I've learned so much from my

SISTERS-IN-LOSS!!! as I lovingly think of 3FC chickies!

ok ok so yes I am passionate and wanted to really delve into this topic for whatever reason!!! LOL

I'm done! heheheh
DMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #12  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I would definitely be off my diet. I've done it before where I start to get discouraged, stop visiting 3FC and gain weight again. I find that by coming here and reading posts and posting questions/frustrations, I stay on track more. I love this place!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #13  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I'd still be doing exactly what I'm doing... but I'd be dang lonely with nobody to cheer me on! Nobody to bounce ideas off of... nobody to tell my brekkie woes to! Oh, the horror! (So glad 3FC is here!!!!!)
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I don't think i would have lost the weight. Before i found 3fc..i had been trying to lose weight. I was eating protein bars, i was walking during my lunch break but the weight wasn't going anywhere. It wasn't until i found this site that i started learning about counting calories and excersizing. I found fitday thru this website which helps me to count and track my calories. I learned about watching my protein/carbs/fat percentages. Before this site, i just didn't know anything about losing weight...now i feel like i am just full of knowledge.

I also love the support i get from here. There are other people who have been and are going thru what i am going thru. I learn and i teach. How amazing is that feeling?!?!?! I love the challenges because they can keep me motivated.

Honestly, this website is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'd be miserable with out this place.

3FC's gives me the inspiration I need to continue on with my journey AND a whole bunch of friends who care.

3FC's

Last edited by Leenie; 04-09-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote