South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Cake and pie and ice cream, oh my!

My baby sister called the other day. (I can't call her "my little sister" as she's pushing six feet tall. How did I end up being the oldest and shortest?)

Em - Kara, we're all going over to Mom-mom and Pop-pop's to give Pop-pop his birthday presents Tuesday night. Can you come?

Me - Sure. What time?

Em - About 7. I'm making dessert. Banana cream pie. I've never made it before so I hope it's good.

Me - (to myself) GREAT! I have never had banana cream pie and really don't like banana-flavored desserts, so this will be easy to pass up! (to Em) Sounds yummy!

Em - Good. See you Tuesday!

So we get there tonight. Not only is there banana cream pie, but there's orange chiffon cake, vanilla bean ice cream (my favorite), pretzels, fritos, and strawberries with whipped cream. Great. Just great.

So I dumped 1/3 of my ice cream discretely into Avery's bowl, another third into Kadyn's bowl, and the last bit into Connor's bowl. Then I filled my bowl with strawberries. I said, "No, thank you," to the cake AND pie and ate my fruit really slowly. No pretzels, even though they were sitting right in front of me, and no fritos (which I really don't like anyway).

Then we came home and I had an apple with peanut butter.

Looks like we're back on track!

Kara
Old 04-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Great job, Kara! I hope that I can have the same willpower as you!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM   #3  
pound by pound,day by day

S/C/G: 288/283/150

Height: 5'6

That's great will power! Good job! I don't know if I could have passed up all of those delicious treats!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Way to go, Kara!! I am so impressed!!

p.s. I am also the oldest--of four--and somehow atleast 4 inches shorter than everyone else. How does that happen?
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

It goes like this...
me - 5'4"
Jana - 5'6"
Jill - 5'7"
Emily - 5'10" (at least!)
Peter - over 6' but under 6'2" (he's taller than my dad but not as tall as Tom...yet...he just turned 15!)

You should see Em's wedding photos from this past summer! I'm wearing heels and my hair was huge and there's still inches of difference between me and everyone else. At least I'm the cutest.

Thanks all! You know, if I had known what would be there and had been thinking about it all day and trying to figure out what I was going to do, it would probably have been really stressful, but this way it was easier to make the decision to abstain. Plus, I had to run this morning and I didn't want that sugar in my belly to make me feel ill! So I guess what we've figured out here is that I need to have a run planned the morning after every special event. Good to know!

Kara
Old 04-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Way to go, Kara!! Who needs that poisin???

I'm 5'3" and the TALLEST girl in my family...including all sisters, cousins, aunts etc. (I am also now the skinniest...except for my daughter and she is really a smidge taller than me)
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Go, Kara!!! YGG!!! That's awesome!

I hear you on how it would have been harder to anticipate. I've gotten used to bringing either a SF chocolate or some Splenda so I can have coffee, when I know there'll be dessert. But strawberries would be much better! I agree with you on not wanting to feel "ill" from the sugar.

BTW, I'm the oldest and am 5'11" while my sisters (they're twins) are about 5'6". DH is also the oldest in his family and the tallest (he's even taller than his father). It's pretty funny how many of us are "first-borns!" I bet even when you're shorter, you're still great at bossing all the siblings around, right?

Last edited by beachgal; 04-09-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #8  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

well Done kara.

good things come in small packages
Old 04-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara - thats great will power. Way to stick with it
Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #10  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Good Job Kara

Sometimes, it seems like a duel to the death but when we win and not (name your vice), it is such sweet sweet victory......and not the kind that will hurt us or cause us to feel bad (emotionally or physically).

Way to go!!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, I don't boss, Laurie. I just know what's really best!

Kara
Closed Thread