Old 04-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thumbs up Accountability - planning - menus - Week of April 7 - April 13.

Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - I'll start. I had a great on plan weekend - I am grateful.

It was a beautiful weekend - weather wise. Spent time outside. HD cooked on the grill. Fun.

Today -

PT
Take taxes to accountant

letter
promotion/press releases for conference

meditation
log food
lots of water
stretches
PMA

Plan -
breakfast - egg white and brown "fried" rice with mushrooms, 1/2 banana
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white salad wrap, green beans
snack - cottage cheese and grapes
dinner - spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, parm. cheese and lite provelone cheese, garlic toast, salad
snack - cereal, fruit,flax, skim milk

I'll come back to personals. Have a great day everyone.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

I got in 2 miles yesterday and I walked up and down my stairs several times also. It is suppose to be cooler here today, but I am shooting for a 2 mile walk.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I had a really lazy day yesterday--rested my foot and I really think it worked, so far so good today. Dh had to be at work early, so that threw off my watp schedule (I love my dh like crazy, but don't want him watching me bounce around the living room!), so I did some yoga instead--what a great way to start the day! Tonight I will hit the gym--legs and back weights and cardio.
txmomma--Great job at the gym yesterday!!! Yea, I was totally dying inside, but if you can't laugh at yourself...

darkblue--Good job! I have to say my tastes have definitely changed. A lot of the foods I used to think I loved, I don't even consider having in the house anymore--they don't even sound good and I buy all kinds of veggies I never used to--even brussel sprouts!

math puppy--Great job putting the pie back! So sorry about the dr. Fertility stuff sucks! It is so expenive and such a crap shoot. We have been down that road a bit and haven't been successful. Not sure how much further we will go or how much more emotionally I can take.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off! I meant to come back and do that yesterday and never did it. Yea for getting taxes to the accountant and on plan all weekend!

scoobie--Have a great walk!

Rhonda--How are you doing?

Purple--How are things going?

Schmoodle--Hope things calmed down a bit.

Ginger--How's your back?

Hi to everyone else!

So, while I was lounging yesterday I really thought about my workout plan--morning workouts are good and the intensity is good, gym workouts are getting better and more consistent, but the intensity needs to be bumped up--starting today that's the plan there. As far as food--definitely can do better there. I have been doing 'ok', but I know I can do better, so I am going to pay more attention to what I am eating and how much I am eating.

Good news...I stepped in the scale this am and I am down 1 lb. Not a lot, but I'll take it!

Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #5  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, everyone!

I'm so excited! I made my goal this week!!!!! I stepped on the scale at least five times this morning to make sure. =D Yay for 50 pounds gone! I think I'm going to do a 25 pound goal next.

I feel kinda guilty because I'm thirsty this morning. I had about 40 oz of water before I went to bed, but I could have had more. So I feel like part of it is water weight. lol Oh well. Sigh.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

I love reading all your posts. So inspiring. Thank you for this, accountability is what I need. I'm afraid to say too much, in case I can't keep to it. So for this week, I will post small goals. For this week, I will try to do half hour workouts - either walking, yoga, something. And I will try not to eat after I put my daughter in bed, which is always hard for me. Here I go!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends. Avi.

MJ - Congratulations on your loss for the week!
Momma- Wow! 50 pounds! How exciting...Congratulations!

Well, I managed to stay on-plan this weekend. It was a rough one. My oldest fur baby...my 15 year old poodle...passed away Friday afternoon. I've been kinda numb all weekend, but I didn't turn to food for comfort. I have no idea why this weekend was different...I even stayed on-plan during an impromptu restaurant excursion. But, I knew the scales were down and I wanted to have a loss for my official weigh-in today. I'm very happy to report that I lost 3.2 pounds for the week.

Hubby and I are on vacation this week with the kiddos. Today, we are taking a drive to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I have never been to either store as they are about 45 minutes away. I plan on picking up some agave nectar and quitting the Splenda. I've been doing some research and some people report that Splenda makes their joints ache...especially their knees. I think quitting Splenda is a healthy move and making my knees feel better might be a nice side benefit. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I'll check back in again later. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: S278/C227/G150

Height: 5'9"

I have one pound to go for 50 pounds lost.

I am a little worried though, I tried on some shorts and when I looked in the mirror I appear to have some saggy loose skin around my inner thighs. My legs (under the fat) are quite strong because I do a lot of (hill) walking. I'm beginning to feel quite fit, so I really don't know what to do to solve this. If walking up steep hills at a fast pace doesn't get my legs toned I don't know what will. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This week: fresh fruit for breakfast, large salad for lunch, meat & two veg for supper. Plus, keep up walking twice a day. I'm lucky, the terrain is really hilly where I live. But, I want to pick up the pace even more, and even try to JOG up an incline. Heh - I wouldn't have been saying that 4 months ago.
wanderingfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

WOW! 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment momma!! Congrats!
Same to you Wandering - almost there!
Rhonda- 3.2 pounds is excellent...staying on track on the weekend pays off!!
Welcome Avi!
Mj5- I know how hard it is to rest- good for you for taking care of your foot! - my back is better, not 100% but I am getting on the treadmill today!
Scoobie - 2 miles is awesome!
Beverly - I'm with you, I had a good on-plan weekend!

So I am down another 1lb to 251. I just feel stuck in the 250's. This is the lowest I've been able to achieve since the babies were born in 2004. I've lost this before, so I don't want to come back here. So I am staying on plan to keep going...it might be slow going now, but my goal is to put in some sweat equity (back permitting) and get into the 240's by next Monday.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chickens,
Ginger, I always seem to get stuck just before I change a decade. I am so excited to get there and then my weight just stays the same, like I am being tested. It's very frustrating. You just have to decide you are going to be more stubborn than the scale. Eventually it will have no choice but to move. I recently got hung up at 190 for about 4 weeks. The first week I was not great on plan, but the next weeks I was good as gold and exercising my butt off. Finally, this past weekend, I dropped 3 lbs, and made it into the 180's. I remember the same thing with 203, I think I was there for a month.

Whoops, gotta take a call, be back in a bit.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #11  
mj5

Hi again! Another busy day, but it's ok, it's moving right along and that's a good thing! I am looking forward to getting to the gym today! (who said that?!) My yoga was nice this am, but I need to work up a sweat. If it's still nice when I get home I may take the dogs for a quick walk too, they would LOVE that!

txmomma--CONGRATS!!! Great job!

avi--I think it's a great idea to start w/ small goals! I know you can do it!

Rhonda--Oh I am so very sorry for your loss. I think it is great that you didn't turn to food for comfort. Not sure I would have been able to be that strong. OOh, have fun that the stores!

wandering--Welcome!

ginger--Yea! I SO hear you on "losing this before" I like that 'sweat equity'! Glad to hear your back is better!

K, gotta get a few more things done....including updating my ticker!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Rhonda--awesome loss! That walking did you good, keep going.

ginger--I have felt stuck like that at certain numbers as well, but I always figured out in the end that it was ME keeping me there, and I had to fix it to get going again...it was an emotional thing. Whether it's that or you are in a plateau, try changing something up to get the body going with something new again.

wandering--If it is loose skin I have heard that it doesn't go away, and that it can tighten up some with time, but I have a feeling it depends on the body and can be different for everyone I have issues with my thighs as well I am fitting size 16 shorts which is so exciting...until I look in the mirror and see fat cottage cheese flab hanging out the back of them. I am losing most of my inches from waist, unfortunately.

txmomma--:congrats: 50 lbs. is awesome, that must feel amazing...you deserve the excitement, now reward yourself with a hot bath or shoes or something.

I know I'm not getting everyone...but kids are on spring break this week so I just had time to wave hello and jump out again
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #13  
mj5

I did it! I went to the gym and got some of that 'sweat equity' ginger was talking about! It felt SO good! Gotta remember to have a snack before I do that, though...I was famished by the time I got home and ate too much ate dinner. All good stuff, but too much.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hey Mj5 - good for you for putting in the time. I did a good amount of sweat equity today too and I feel good. It's a great feeling! Sorry you feel you overate, however, I sure bet it was better for you than when you first started out at 299! I can't believe you have lost a crazy 64 lbs now !!! WOW!

Hey purple - the change will be more exercise....as soon as my back is 100% better I am going to be putting in crazy amounts (read: a la TBL) of exercise. I've decided to put my evening after the kids go to bed life on hold and get moving TONS! I agree, it probably has been ME all along putting me in this 250 range. I just can't wait to get out of this rut.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--2 Kashi waffles, drizzle of maple syrup, tangerine juice, milk, hot tea, 2 pieces low-cal bacon
Lunch--Healthy Choice meal
Snack--blackberries
Dinner--chicken, peas, iced tea, noodles

1500 cal, 1/2L water, arm/shoulder exercises
Tired today.
--------------------------------------
Scoobie--you do such great walks!

mj5--a one pound loss is still a loss! Yay! Glad you are resting your foot.

Txmomma--50 pounds? Wow, you rock!

Avi, Ginger--good luck with your goals!

GirlyGirl--I'm sorry about your poodle. It's harder than people think, when you lose a pet.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote