South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!

I was wide awake at 5 and should have gotten up then, but I fell back asleep and woke up later than I wanted to. I have just enough time for a coffee to wake me up before heading to Curves. When I get back I have a very untidy house to whip back into shape!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hallooooo! look out the window-- yet another dreary snow-driven day! color me incredulous!! temps have dropped and i can practically feel the sniffles coming on. nothing big this monday except all the dishes and house work that has piled up all this weekend so it looks like i will be joining you, cottage, in the housewhipping (oh..but i hate housework!) am a little anxious because boo tazer hasn't come home yet..i really need to work on letting go..if i already feel this way about kitty..what'll happen when i've got kids??
anyways. hope ur monday is nice n easy and if u've got sunshine puh-leeze send some my way!!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Either my husband's alarm didn't go off at 4 or he ignored it...I woke up at 5 and it was a mad rush to get him out of the house with a cup of coffee...so I'm running late this morning. Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:46 AM   #4  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

I woke up at 5, on the cries on my baby boy... so tired now, forgot my breakfast home.. so just had two mugs of coffee and milk... now can't wait to go hit teh pillow again for an afternoon nap...
work was so tiring today, but calm.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 04-07-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Moved signature to profile.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I feel so guilty about having such easy starts to my days when I read about the rest of you dealing with real life! My biggest pressure this morning was having to spend ten minutes cuddling Hershey. The silly thing is still working on eating up all the snow out there. Her tummy gets full and she has to cuddle until she stops shivering. Cuddling a dog while sipping coffee is a very good way to start the day.

It's Monday and I'm switching into my energetic Spring mode. It'll be sunny so more snow and ice will melt - and Lake Ruthie in the yard will continue to grow. Actually it's more like a river as it actually has a current once the culvert opens up. The deck is now completely clear of ice and snow. I plan to have my mid-morning coffee out there and hang the laundry out for the first time since fall.

Some house whipping and cooking is on the list for today plus a trip to the Library to return a film. I'm still on VHS because my DVD doesn't seem to be working. I guess I should RTF - Read The Frassin' Manual! I have the usual niggles to finish up for the Fair plus Mount Laundry. Retirement sure isn't boring!

Sending sunshine across the Atlantic and dog cuddles to those who need to start the week with relaxation.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Sharry, and to The Beach. Are you just starting or have you been beaching for a while. I moved your signature so it just appears automatically when you post.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Cottage, Cat & Sharry - Hope the day slows down to it's normal pace. Nothing like starting the week behind.

Jandaman - In my experience by the time you really let your offspring go it's time for them to sprout wings and go Now that we finally have some sunshine I'd be happy to share a little with you. Hope it arrives soon!

Ruth - melting! We have a lake in our yard too, and every year my partner tries to convince me that we really need a pond in the yard. Every year I complain about breeding mosquitoes until it dries up! Mud is a sure sign of spring around here

Just another week around here. Luna kitty has her surgery tomorrow. Hopefully they will make her feel better and figure out how to prevent more of this in the future. I have another 4 day week which just makes it feel like I need to cram more into fewer days. I'll enjoy the long weekend though (am I already talking about the weekend on Monday morning?!).

Have a good day all
Old 04-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, I can't think of one interesting thing to say. Mondays stink. Everyone here having a hard time getting moving. DD1 will launch intensive job hunt today once I drag her from bed. Otherwise a busy day of work, the neverending laundry, running kids, and grocery shopping. Will squeeze in my exercise too. Hope we all get through Monday unscathed.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #9  

Oh, boy! Not a good start to the day. I just wrote a nice chatty and motivating post, and then forgot to hit the "reply" and lost it.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little more alive now that I've exercised and had my breakfast. I just made a pot of split pea soup with the ham bone from yesterday, and it smells delicious already. As soon as I finish my coffee, it'll be time to haul out the vacuum.

Seems like all of us are having a hard time getting started this morning!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-07-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #10  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning everyone. I had a good weekend. Got my cakes done and did really good on them. It got me alot of business. I have two more this weekend! My DH's moms birthday party turned out pretty good. DH didn't want to go but I had to force him. His PTSD keeps him from going and doing anything. He has to be forced. But once we got there he was ok. Did I mention, my cake was a HIT?!?! I'm so proud of what I did and how it turned out. It's very very foggy outside today. Not cold or warm, just foggy and stale. Nothing much else. I'll try to post pics of the cakes. Everyone have a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1097.jpg (17.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1107.jpg (16.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #11  

Sharry!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #12  

Good morning, tk. Isn't it your birthday today?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Have a wonderful day, and I hope all your wishes come true!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

cottage-yes it is. Thank you!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning my chickies...
rain here
orioles in first place for an hour or so LOL
EIGHT clean days of eating under my belt!
we have two alarms. both went off on time. ugh.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning everyone. I did a LOT of work outside yesterday, so hopefully it balanced the off-plan eating I did on Saturday. I'm achey sore today, but hope to be back at it again later. DD4 is still sleeping, which my kids usually don't do this late unless they're sick. I am so hoping she it not sick, because it seems we're always sick during break (next week). Talk to you later!
Closed Thread