Old 04-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for April

Hello! This is for anyone who weighs on Thursday or doesn't weigh on Thursday. We welcome everyone to chat with us!!

Just returned from a shopping trip to CJBanks. 40% off of sale and non-sale items. I like that!!! Tim had given me a gift card for Christmas, so I used that. I bought several shirts and light sweaters.

Tim and his gf are fixing supper tonight. Shish kabobs on the grill! Yummy!!! Also having salad. They have been to the store for everything they need, and they'll be fixing it. I just hope they clean up too!

I'm a bit bummed. I haven't had TOM since the beginning of December. Last night I felt crampy, and I still feel that way today. I was sure hoping that I was finished with all this!!!

Hope you are all having a great day!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off this month!

This is a great place!

Tell Tim and his friend to come on down to TX and grill my supper, too.
I'll bet they clean up.

It's such a beautiful day here. It was 57 this morning. Brrr.... I'm not sure why we had that kind of weather today. I had to find a jacket in the back of the closet.
Well, next week we're going to a wedding in Key West. I've had the hardest time finding something to wear. I told Larry that if I was 20 years younger and 20 pounds lighter, I could fit into all these strange, new dresses. Has anyone tried them on? They look like pregnancy dresses...kind of like mumus (sp?). I finally found something I liked, until I tried it on.
It was at least 5 inches above my knees.
So, I have a skirt and top that I'm wearing. Hey, no one will be looking at "the aunt" anyway. Right!

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #3  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted. I'm struggling more than ever.

Tammy - Sorry to hear that you are cramping. Hopefully things will improve and you'll be done with the whole thing soon.

Tina - It's been beautiful here as well. Most days the morning start out in the upper 50's and by 10 or 11 we're in the 80's. I love it. Have fun at the wedding.

Nothing new much here. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy on June 23rd. Everything will come out except my ovaries. I hope to have lost some weight by then. We'll see what happens.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #4  

Tina, I'll tell them what you said. I'm sure they'll jump in the car and head right down there. I was looking at some dresses today. Found one that I liked, held it up, and it was a bit short. Sounds like the one you tried.

Our temps were in the 50's today with sunshine. It felt wonderful!!

Dori, I have been struggling because I just don't want to do it! Not good. June 23rd is a ways off, so you'll have some weight off by then I'm sure.

I'm starting a new program at the Y. In order to join the class, you have to be at least 25 pounds overweight. There are 5 aerobics classes during the week (3 morning, 2 evening), and you just need to attend 2 a week. Every other week there is a nutrition class. There is also a weigh in on the other weeks. When I signed up, I had to do some fitness testing. Weight (gross!!), breathe in a machine to check lung capacity (I received an excellent on that!!), step up and down on a 12 inch step for 3 minutes (oh my gosh! I stunk at this.), sit on the floor and lean forward and see how far you can reach (stinky again), and hand strength (considering I have arthritis, the trainer was impressed that I did as well as I did). This will run until the end of June, and then they will do the fitness testing again to see how much we've improved. Just by getting moving again, I'm hoping that will kickstart the weigh loss again.

Moving again and having TOM again! lol A week from Monday, I'll be starting water aerobics 2 nights a week too. I told Bob that I'd like to lose 15 pounds by the time the program is over the end of June. He thinks that's too much to expect. That's almost 3 months. I know that I lose slowly, but with the exercise, do you guys think it's doable??

Have to go. We need to do some fixing of things on the computer. Tim is here to help me!! Nice kid!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Dori, it's so good to hear from you. Please don't stay away just because you're having a hard time. That's what we're here for---to help each other--or just to listen. Okay?????
I'm so sorry about the hysterectomy. I'm glad you're keeping your ovaries. That will make life a lot easier. (I had the same thing done awhile back.)

Tammy, keep us informed about your TOM. I hope you're about through with all of that. Oh, oh, oh, can I come to your gym? That sounds like fun. I could use a kick to get this metabolism going.
Oh, I haven't seen Tim yet. Tell him to knock hard on the door because I'm going to bed. Larry has to go to bed early now.
He was soooooo tired all day today. Getting back to work (4 days) about did him in.
Susan, are you our there????
Maureen, where are you?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies! I'm Jeanne, married, two dd's! 20 & 16, 1 pound puppy and I probably should add that I have been dieting all of my life! I work for a chocolate company! Yep, C H O C O L A T E ! ! ! ! ! I am a manager for 3 of the 5 stores they own. I use to be an adminstrative assistant at a police department here in Western Pa. I hated it! I love my job but am so darn tired of the daily struggle to fight off the "enemy"!!!!!!!! I honestly eat it every single day!

I'm so inconsistant. In 1998-99 I lost 100# - gained back probably 60ish of that since. I have done WW, calorie counting, supplements, Southbeach & many other diets! I seem to always go back to WW, cause it is comfortable and fits my lifestyle! If anything .........anything......goes wrong in my life, even minor things.........I turn to eating! I went back on WW in June 07 and lost 37# - Well, then Valentines Day & Easter came (my company rules those two holidays, obviously) and I gained 10# back already.

I have been coming around 3FC for years and years. Last year I came back with a new user name and avatar, bcause I kept forgetting my password. A couple of the treads I follow have slowly dicipated and a couple I follow - I just can't seem to fit in. Maybe I'm boring.....haha! Well I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Hope to be around more and I really need to lose some weight! I'm feeling very unhealthy these days!

Last edited by jar1965; 04-06-2008 at 11:29 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne,
You've come to the right place. We're here to help.
Wow, you work for a chocolate busniess. That sounds like heaven!
I give this advice---start out by doing one thing different. For you, instead of eating chocolate every day, eat a little bite every other day. It's a start.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi Friends,

Sorry I've been MIA this week.... WHAT A WEEK!!! We have a state assessment TAKS, well my kids don't take it due to their levels so they take TAKS ALT. I knew that I had to have my stuff inputted into the computer by April 25. I found out on Wed. night that the activities had to be in by tomorrow. I've done everything but hadn't put it in the computer. So I've spent every waking moment doing that. I'm crossed eyed.

Last night, Pat's band played and he wanted me to go. I had planned to stay home and finish up. When he said "I really wanted you to go." I knew I should go. I finished up this afternoon with everything!!!!! Now all I have to do is wait until window date opens and I can submit my data. It's a big relief to be finished with it.

My Dad had an episode forgetting his Parkinson's medicine and his legs froze up. Luckily he went to the neurologist 2 days later..... the dr said "now you know what happens if you forget a dose." He takes it 3 times a day.

Jeannie, welcome to the group!!!!! We are fun!!

Dori, don't be a stranger!!!! WE all need support!!

Tina, how about that Larry!!! I know he is glad to be back at work!

Tammy, how was the dinner? Tell Tim and his girlfriend that they can cook for me too!!!

Ok, let's do a challenge or goal........maybe that would help focus us all.Actually, I would like to be down 15 pounds by my birthday in June. Really, I would like to be down 60 pounds by June. Do you think it's doable? What do you think?

Hopefully this will be an easy week!!!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #9  
jeanne

Hi Ladies! Thanks for the nice welcome! I had a crappy "first" day yesterday. I kept telling myself tomorrow is Monday, I will reallllllly refocus then! Today is MONDAY - no excuses! I want to weigh in on THURSDAY and see at least a smidgen of a loss!

auntie - 15# by june - ok, I'm game! We are going to the beach June 21st, so, yet another reason! Yikes......How scarey about your dads legs! I'm glad the doctor knew exactly what that was and now you can monitor it more closely!

Tina - hi! I'm going to give every other day a try! I'll keep you posted! Heaven? Yay, you could say that! lol!

Well girls, gotta run, "heaven" awaits! haha! Have a nice day, drink your water and shake those booties! I'll try to do the same of course!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:05 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Okay Susan, I'm down for 5 pounds!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #11  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Susan - I like the idea of a challenge. Please put me down for 5 lbs. I'm back on the wagon starting tomorrow.

Jeanne - Welcome. Nice to have you with us. I'm not sure I would survive if I worked in the chocolate business. Or should I say that my paycheck would go right back to the company.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #12  
Susan

hi Everyone,
How did you do today? I had a so so day but I have a funny story for you!! My trainer called and we decided to meet at the park. I was excited because it was such a nice day..... I get to the park start put one shoe one and look at the other one with such puzzlement. It was the same shoe!!! I had 2 right footed shoes.... I have 2 pairs of tennis shoes that are the same exactly the same. I remember this morning double checking them too. Guess I wasn't really paying attention.... So I walked in my clogs and then I did some just in my socks. My trainer laughed and said "we can go to the gym." So hopefully I am on the right track again.

Jeanne, I'm not a big chocolate eater but it's something that I want every once in a while now if it was popcorn or something sour I would love it. How did you do today?

Tina, are you ready for that wedding?

Tammy, Do you think I could retire now??? I'm so ready for summer!!!

Dori, how is your daughter doing? When is your surgery?

I'm going watch some tv and try NOT to fall asleep.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #13  
jeanne

Morning ladies!

Super good OP day yesterday and so far this morning! I was up every hour to "pee" because of all the water I drank!! I haven't added in any exercise though! Maybe I'll get a walk or dvd in today!

Today I have to take the dog to the vet and groomers and I have two sickly kids! They are 20 & 16, but still, sick and at home under my feet. Haha~ They are needy when their not sick................

I cleaned the porch and got all the porch stuff out and set up last night! I love that feeling! Rocking on the porch, sipping on ice-tea and little people playing outside and riding bikes! hmmmmm, sureal!

Tina - down 5#!!!!! Yeaaaa~! Congrats~!

Ladybug - part of the problem is............we don't have to pay for what we "snack" on at work during the day! If I had to pay, I'd be broke! Thanks for the nice welcome!

Susan - Thats such a funny story!!!! I also have two pair of the same exact workout/walking shoes and I can see how you could do that! Too funny!

Well have a good day everyone!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Good morning to all of you!
Jeannie, isn't it nice to have your children still need you!
Oh, sorry to tell you but I'm not down #5 yet. That's what I'm setting as my challenge for June.
I hope you have a super day!

Susan, that is too funny about your shoes. I never have more than one pair.
Tammy, how are you feeling? Are you sore from all your exercising? How is Bob feeling?
Dori, when is your operation? We can all come and sit in the waiting room.

I'm not ready for the wedding. Yikes! I've got so much to do today. On top of all that, I've got to go sit in the doctor's waiting room this morning. She told me to come back in a week to make sure my ear infection was gone. The nurse grudgingly worked me in today. My appt. is at 11:10. That means, I should take my lunch with me.
I never found a dress for the wedding but I have a skirt and top. That should work. I'm taking my tennis shoes and shorts for all the sightseeing in Key West.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM   #15  
Susan

Oh Jeanne, i would be in trouble if the candy was free! But Yum!!!

Tina, make sure that you take the right combination of shoes I got one pair and then they were so comfortable that I got another pair. Silly me! Pat just rolled his eyes when I told him.

Tammy, It's TOM for me and I think I have it for both of us. I have never had it so heavy. I'm almost worried but just wonder if things are out of whack since I had Seamus. Prior to him it was so light and 2-3 days at the most. Now it's heavy and longer. It is extremely heavy right now. I feel ...... well not so pleasant!!!!! I had a baby shower to go to this afternoon and changed my mind. I think grief has swept in and I'm just mad right now. It will pass but I just want to sit and cry and cry and cry some more and hold my baby!!!

Have ya'll watched The Biggest Loser? We had it one tonight...and it is something to watch how the people have changed!