Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 246 / CW Same / GW 145

Height: 5'5"

Smile Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

Hey,

I just started the Slim 4 Life plan. I know most people probably haven't heard of it since the centers are mainly in Colorado, Minnesota and Kansas. So far it seems to be a great diet plan, but having been used to the Weight Watcher's enviornment and having group meetings and being able to connect with people online - I'm finding the Slim 4 Life plan challenging because it's just one to one meetings with a diet counselor and I don't get anyone else's opinion about the diet, whats working and whats not.

So I'm hoping that someone else out there is doing the plan and is also looking for a Slim 4 Life Diet Buddy to share challenges, tips and encouragement with along the way.

If anyone's interested PM me.

Have a great day!

Tonya
TDubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 281/ CW same/ GW 181

Height: 5'11"

Hi Tonya! This is Jackie in Lee's Summit, MO. I just joined Slim4Life today and I start the 3-day meat/veggies thing tomorrow. If you haven't found an e-mail buddy...I think it would be fun to swap ideas and encourage one another.

My starting weight is 281. My goal weight is 181. Whew...one hundred pounds to go to reach goal. Luckily, I'm 5'11" so all my fat is kind of spread out evenly.

Hee!hee!

P.S. I didn't know how to "PM YOU" so I'm just trying this.
jackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/173.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies! I am on Slim4Life too. I would love to have some buddies to talk with.
SunnyColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile I've been on it 3 weeks now

I have lost 11 lbs so far and have been on it since June 5th. I would like a chat buddy as well.
sallystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/237/170

Height: 5'10"

I started Slim 4 Life with my husband 4 weeks ago and I have lost 15 pounds and he has lost 20 pounds. This week I have been having trouble following the plan and I'm not sure why. I did Weight Watchers for so long I'm having a hard time changing my thoughts about things. Having someone to chat with about it all would be great.
momintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:162/SW:160/CW:153/GW:120

Height: 5'4"

Hi...new to 3FC and just started S4L a couple weeks ago and would love some buddies! I'm already kinda growing old with lettuse and tomatoes...and would love to hear some of ya'll favorite meals on plan.

*asta pasta*

PS, I'm on plan 2
JustSomeGirI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #7  

I'm on plan 2 also and I'm getting tired of lettuce and chicken but it is working so I'm going to stick to it. It will be worth it in the end! I do like their thermo snacks though. I haven't got creative with the plan yet but they do have a cookbook that looks like it has pretty good recipes.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #8  
Kitty

S/C/G: 200/130

Default S4l

I lost 46 pounds on S4L 6 years ago, didn't stablize at the end (stupid) and gained it all back plus some. The program is great and I love it because you do see results and it is easy to follow. I just started prepping today, feel free to chat with me for support in this program, I know it very well.

Kitty
MsKitty12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #9  

Exclamation Slim 4 Life flunky

Good afternoon ladies;

I have been on slim 4 life for the past 6 weeks. It was going really well until I just recently on vacation. I've been back since last friday and my binging hasn't stopped.

I'm going to go in today with no food journals and an extra 8 pounds and hope they are gentle.

I have just lost my drive and self control. Anyone have any suggestion. I need help; I just scarffed down an oatmeal cream pie.
soccermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #10  

I think the main thing you need to do is go back in no matter how much you have gained because if you don't it will become a lot more weight. It is so easy to lose control no matter what diet you do but the support really helps and I think they will be kind and supportive. Try to remember the feeling you felt while you were losing and you'll realize the pie or anything else just doesn't give you the same feeling. Good luck and I hope you can get back on track.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #11  
jen

S/C/G: S/C/G - 291/279/170

Default just getting started!

Hi there! I just started slim 4 life two weeks (and 12.5 lbs ago)! So far so good! the weekends seem to be the most difficult though, so I'm really focusing on staying on track through to monday!
jlr1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #12  

I agree the weekends are hard for me also. I think it's mainly because I get bored. So I have been trying to schedule more activity into my weekends. We have been walking and flying kites and etc. I was going good until I lost 15 pounds and then I started cheating more. I'm going to try to get back on track because I still have 67 pounds to go. I took my first Cycling class tonight and it felt good to push myself. I have been doing treadmill and I just don't push myself enough. I'm going to stay on track this weekend and start losing again.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5.4

Question Should I Or Shouldn't I

[COLOR="Red"]Hello I just can't make up my mind about this program. I met with a counselor; she really did a lousy job of convincing me this was the way to go. She gave me very little information. That woman never cracked a smile....kind of scary Are you stuck with the person who signs you up? I live in KC I know we several locations of course I went to one closest to me, I’m thinking about giving it another shot at a different location. She did mention a 6 week fast track program? Any information you could offer I would greatly appreciate it Thanks [/COLOR]
NANARAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #14  

The program works but you really have to decide if you want to spend the money. They don't tell you how much it really is going to cost until you go to the class to teach you how to do the program. You have to buy the amount of snacks to cover the weeks it will take you to lose which is $16.00 per box and you use two boxes a week. Plus you have to buy Thurmo boost, and their herbs cost $135.00 per month, plus carb blockers and vitamins. They say my weight loss will take 26 weeks to lose 70 pounds. I figured it will be about $4000.00 at least before I get done. You get whoever is free to take a client when you walk in. So you could get that girl again but probably not every time. I haven't heard of the fast track program. It does work though. I have a girl I work with that lost 80 pounds and it took her 8 months and she didn't exercise. I also work with a guy that has lost 55 pounds since June. I have lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks and my husband has lost 23 pounds so it does work. I hope I have helped you decide. Good luck.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Height: 5.4

Thank you for your quick response. Your right they really don't tell you the cost up front. She really beat around the bush on that subject. She did mention the fast track program did not include the Thurmo boost...Of course not knowing anything about the program that didn't mean much to me, I think I'll give them another shot. Thanks Again Have a great day
NANARAE is offline   Reply With Quote