View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #30
full of grace
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oseybaby View Post
thanks so much, I was just worried about their prices. do you do the 5 day or 7 day, and is their snack option worth it? Do you add anything, or is everything included. Is there fresh vegetables and salad also. I know I am asking a lot, but how those Bistro MD compare to say a company like Diet to Go.
I don't know much about Diet To Go, simply because they're one of the companies that either ignored me or discouraged me when I made contact, asking about gluten-free options. So, I didn't really invest a lot of time trying to figure out what their plan was like, since they didn't seem to want my business too badly. :\

I don't know if the prices for "five-day vs. seven-day" or "snacks vs. no snacks" make any one of 'em better than others. I do the seven-day program with snacks, so I don't EVER have to step foot into a grocery store, hit a drive-thru, or "trust myself" to make good choices (when I might prefer to use the meal as a "freebie" to go off plan or something). Basically, it's worth it TO ME to pay for the "full deal" with them, simply because it means I don't have to think about ANYTHING. It's all mapped out for me. And right now, with my history, that's the kind of structure I needed.

Perhaps, as I get confident about my abilities to make good choices and still stay on plan, I will try shifting to five days without snacks... but no promises just yet. I'm a work in progress.

Sorry, I haven't done a cost analysis of what the individual items come out to, financially, so I don't know if it would cost more or less to buy snacks or weekend meals on my own. (I just worry it would "cost more" in the emotional/risk sense, y'know?)

No salads or fresh veggies on the gluten-free version of BistroMD. I think they may have some fresh-veggie wraps or lunches in the "whole" plan, but since I can't have many of the lunch items, they send me frozen dinner meals for lunch instead. So, I think NO is the answer, but I'm not sure.

Sorry... I know my experience is limited to the gluten-free realm... but I do really like it all so far. Hope this is somewhat helpful!!!

Good luck in your decision!

I know Noodlebean has a great blog comparing multiple programs she has tried. I don't think she's done BistroMD, but she might have the answers about the other programs you're looking for, in terms of comparison.
full of grace ...the journey so far.
My waist measurement, in inches:

My weight, in pounds:

Every bite is a choice.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote