Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #10
retiredone
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

PERSONAL INFORMATION: Hi, I'm a 55 year old retired teacher with one husband and two grown sons. One son is married to our adorable daughter-in-law and the other dating a very nice girl. I like to bake and cook, surf the web, sing at church, camp, simple knitting and sewing. I retired almost two years ago and had plans for travel but my aged mother moved in with us so now I'm her care giver.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN
: I'm somewhat vertically challenged at 5' 2" (with shoes on) and weigh as of last Saturday 175 pounds. I would like to loose about 50 pounds by losing 1/2 -1 pound a week until its all gone. I'm not much of a diet follower as I prefer to eat healthy and watch my portion sizes. Obviously, I don't follow my own advice or I'd be much smaller. I started this on January 2 and have lost 10 pounds in three months which is within my per month loss range. When I retired almost two years ago I was jogging 5 kilometres a day and walking to and from work (about 3 more km) but after I retired and my mom came to live with us all that went down the tubes and I gained weight. I also ate many potato chips. I started exercising again the end of February by jogging for 30 minutes and now I'm at 36 minutes a day. I'm also starting on my stationary bike again. Did my first 5 minutes today. I'm going to slowly add more minutes each week until I'm doing at least 20 minutes a day along with the jogging. I enjoy the jogging even if I'm doing it indoors. (I'm afraid of the icy outdoors.)

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES
: I'd like to attend my son's and daugher-in-law's university grad this October in an outfit several sizes smaller than the ones I'm wearing now. My niece also wants me to run in a 16 kilometre run this summer but I don't know if my body can take that right now. Maybe next summer. My greatest challenge is to keep the weight off after I loose it. I lose but don't maintain.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote